Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I have only just now started paying attention to Veep. I'm gonna have to watch it from the start, aren't I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Congratulations on the promotion, Annakie! Let's hope you survive the experience!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
You know, considering how completely loving impotent they are, I am starting to wonder if One Million Moms might actually be a sham group created to drum up attention- and so good PR- for when companies acknowledge that gay people exist.

I mean, it's still good for the companies to do so because it's an indicator of larger social change, but I'm trying to remember if OMM have ever done anything besides complain about commercials.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

I think the Season 1 finale is generally much more liked than the rest of Season 1.

Yeah, the finale was the first sign that things were starting to come together, and by Season 2 it was humming.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Basically, with Brooklyn 99's snub, the Emmys now have less credibility than the Golden Globes.

Think about what that means.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

Who would you even nominate for B99 besides Andre Braugher?

Even if it's hard to pick out favorites among the cast, the show itself should have gotten a nod- it's one of the best and most assured first seasons I've ever seen for a comedy.

Of course there are other problems (not even a technical nod for Hannibal.)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
None of the major streaming places has a very good UI. Granted I usually use a 360 and Microsoft tends to get the worst of it for whatever reason, but it's not much better elsewhere.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Walken is a song and dance man at heart. People forget that sometimes but he's got a lot of experience in that arena.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

The ball drops on December 31, 1999, and then everyone finds themselves waking up on the floor where they were just partying and its January 1, 2001. Boom, that's a TV show right there.

FactsAreUseless posted:

It happens to exactly 2,000 people across the world, and you call the show Why?2K. The opening theme is Willenium.

Protagonist walks out the door, "Who's the President?" Random passerby: "we still don't know."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Logo has been running a Don't Trust The B___ in Apartment 23 marathon and drat I missed this.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Isn't that on Netflix or something by now?

Yeah, but I'd held off on binging until I get the correct episode order written down somewhere.

Speaking of which, they capped the marathon with one of the unaired episodes- which I could tell from the story arc and Chloe's characterization was from the first season and rather early to boot. ABC started loving with this show from Day One, didn't they?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

I find it hard to justify getting a paid prime membership when I can get the free 2 day shipping on a guest prime account. I'm just not aware of Amazon having anything Netflix doesn't aside from some original content I'm not very interested in.

The Visitor, man. (Also Hannibal.)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
When the final episode of The Prisoner aired, the network switchboards were jammed. People were furious that the final episode was a parable about conformity and not a literal explanation of what the Village was. It is one of the greatest hours of TV ever.

Screw literal answers.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

I didn't say it should win, but I think it's among the best in the last handful of years, yes. Parks and Rec and 30 Rock would be my favorite comedies of the last several years. And I certainly laugh harder when watching Modern Family than when watching Louie (which, while good, very often doesn't feel like a comedy). Sunny, you have to admit, is not for everyone. I've not watched Veep.

Look, I'm just saying it deserves to be nominated. Unlike Big Bang Theory.

Yeah, the reason it wins is it's consistently good enough to be a non-controversial choice. It's incredibly formulaic but it does that formula well (it helps that the showrunners- two at least- were some of Frasier's best writers).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Marry Me is pretty cute so far.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Gracepoint is the show you're thinking of (took me a while to remember what the name was myself.)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Marry Me's pilot is a good one. Some good jokes and the characters are strong. I hope it lasts.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it won me over last season and now it's really consistently funny. Needs its own thread.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

I remember her from Reno 911 and that one HGTV show and drat she lost a ton of weight since then.

Did not recognize her at first, would not have at all if someone on this thread hadn't said she was in it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Fateo McMurray posted:

I wouldn't mind if TDS/Colbert forced ads on me because they offer it for free. But streaming the Simpsons isn't free.

It is, though? You have to have a cable plan with the right channels but it's not like Hulu +.

That said the aspect ratio business is some bullshit.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Selfie is getting doubled up to cover MLS' cancellation and I'm not sure if that means they're burning it off or not. It's a shame it's struggling because Gillan is just a natural for comedy.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The latest story had some problems and is likely sparking a big kerfluffle that I'm not even looking into, but it was preceded by one that everyone was calling amazing so I'm not sure the "it's horrible this season" consensus is ironclad.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The prison in OITNB is low security (can't remember if it's minimum) so of course it's not going to be Oz. I think there's value in showing the subtler problems of non-Supermax-style facilities.

It's definitely from a white perspective but, well, that's the source material they have to work with.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The good news: Benched's first episode was pretty funny.

The bad news: It airs after Chrisley Knows Best, and it's one of those "9:31" deals so I have to start watching something else and then flip to it in order to avoid mental trauma.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
First she's in a pilot that gets pulled for retooling and fizzles out, then she's in a show that gets picked up but then cancelled before it ever airs.

It's like the universe doesn't want us to have good things.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Leverage had a good run but I'm disappointed we haven't seen Beth Riesgraf in anything prominent since. I figured she and Hodge were the breakouts on that show.

I will accept a Sharker spinoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I saw two episodes of The Millers last year and it was appalling, I've seen one episode of The McCarthy's and it was just good old fashioned 'pretty meh'. Couldn't believe Millers got renewed either, but it definitely belongs on the cancellation pile.

Which Marry Me should be nowhere near, but lol looks like we're in that boat already. Sigh.

Marry Me got a full season order no?

• Locked thread