Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
My folks like "Ray Donovan", but I've never seen it before, so here's my impressions so far:

These accents are bad.
Jon Voight is phoning it in.
This show isn't even as good as Dexter.

Edit: Oh and the only black guys are gangster murderers and the only black woman is a prostitute.

Edit2: A kid just blew the gently caress up. I think because he was smoking weed? It's Jon Voight's fault for sure.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You know where all the smartest people in the world work? That's right, law enforcement. Everyone in the top 10% of their class at MIT dreams of the day they can crack cases at Homeland Security.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Jon Benjamin may only do one voice, but it's an awesome one.

He did Jason on "Home Movies". It sounds nothing like his standard voice, which makes me think people just don't ask him to do anything but the usual.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Do any of the Simpsons VAs aside from Hank Azaria even have other jobs? I remember most of them getting cast on sitcoms in the early-mid 90s that didn't last very long.

They certainly don't need them. I don't know if this site is trustworthy at all, but it says Yeardley Smith is worth $55 million.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't understand how syndication = megabucks. What's the point of getting to 100 episodes if no one watches it to begin with? Why would anyone want to syndicate a show that gets crap ratings?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Airplane Repo is the fakest fake to ever fake a fake.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Have any repo shows involved a redneck taking shots at them because that has to happen more than once a repo man's life.

I saw a fist fight on Airplane Repo, but it looked fake as poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also, "World's Dumbest ..." on TruTV is the loving worst show on television.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The one I saw, a farmer chased them in a combine as they towed his crop duster to an airstrip. Then he parked the combine at the end of the runway to block it, so the pilot had to take off juuuuust over it. It's faker than Amish Mafia.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DivisionPost posted:

The Comeback, Jonah From Ton'ga, MAYBE Banshee (EDIT: It's aired 20 episodes since January 2012, and the only thread it's ever had is 12 pages long; up to you if it qualifies), Awkward, Happyland, and MAYBE Scorpion.

Yeah, how is there not a thread for The Comeback? drat it's good so far.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

hey yo if you listen to podcasts: You need to listen to Serial, it's fuckin incredible

if you don't listen to podcasts: You need to listen to Serial, it's fuckin incredible

Boring as poo poo, turned off the first episode after 10 minutes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ravane posted:

you mean Mindy Kaling? Who the hell is padma lakshmi?

Host of Top Chef, the other show he said has really bad ADR.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I don't know why Sepinwall is trying to make this sound absolutely insane. Networks sometimes pick up shows that other networks pass on. Like, 3rd Rock from the Sun was originally a failed ABC pilot.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Comeback's real funny. I'm especially liking how Paulie G has been through rehab and seems to have a sliver of self-awareness, but he's still a huge hack who's got Seth Rogan shooting up in every scene.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is Transparent good? I've never heard of it, but there it is in Sepinwall's Top 5.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Spartacus loving owns. Anyone who hasn't watched it should go watch it and should also ignore the fact that the pilot is terrible.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DivisionPost posted:

That was the nadir for me. It starts to improve very slowly after that, and then around episode 16-17 they use the events of The Winter Soldier to make the changes they needed to make before the show could click.

I'm not making any guarantees though. I LOVE what it turned into, but I also didn't really mind it when it was "bad."

Do they add some people with superpowers to the cast? I'm giving it a second chance and like 10 episodes in or so, and despite what the show seems to think, the ability to :techno: is not a superpower.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

In the winter finale one of the characters just got powers and it turns out that they were secretly actually an established Marvel character instead of one created for the show. they introduce Skye's father and his revelation for what his name is combined with what her real name is makes her Daisy Johnson, aka Quake.

Sweet. I don't read many comics, so maybe the show has been taking deep cuts from the Marvel universe the whole time, but early on it just feels like Marvel didn't want to commit and allow any established characters to be part of the show. So the people they encounter are like, a random Asgaardian or a dude who put on a Chitari helmet -- just insignificant detritus from the movies.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
One of these days I'll watch The Wire, but first I gotta catch up on Arrow.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Abel Wingnut posted:

I just signed up for Amazon Prime and am now exploring the video options. Does Amazon Prime for some reason not support playing episodes continuously? I have to go back to the main menu and find the next one?

If you hover your mouse over the video when the credits start rolling, you can hit the "Next up" button and go to the next episode. But yeah it's annoying as gently caress if you let an episode completely finish then it'll kick you back to a main menu or something.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

I much cursed Amazon Prime for having the worst interface for binge-watching during my free month.

I can't figure why they don't auto-play because it continuously plays if you buy a season pass for something.

I know they're, like, Wal-Mart-level stingy. Are they so stingy that a video autoplaying to no one pisses them off?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Marco Polo is trying so hard to be Spartacus. Blind kung-fu master, emporer's naked sister killing three armed dudes, beheadings everywhere. Might end up being pretty good if they just keep bringing the crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
"The Comeback" had a really spectacularly satisfying ending. I doubt they'd get another season out of it, but they really shouldn't try to even if they could.

• Locked thread