Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Topanga is a fantasy character. Cory cheats on her while on a ski trip and of course she forgives him. She gets into Yale but decides to go to a state school to stay close to Cory.

Wow, that's... that's a really hosed up message for teenagers. Specially for girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Sober posted:

I'm sure the regular viewing public would've been confused as to why there were white people in Egypt, because apparently no one seems to understand how Egyptian history works and think it's all pharaohs and pyramids up until 1960.

Egyptian history? that's all greek to me

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Also, it's weird as hell seeing Danielle Panabaker as a grown woman since the last time I saw her was as a teenager on Shark.

On a related note, I should watch Arrow, right?
I think she was in a bunch of stuff either this or the past year. I know she was in the last couple of episodes of Justified. Also yes, watch Arrow. The first season starts kinda slow but at about the halfway point it gets good and then season 2 is just so drat fun. It' better if you like the comics as they throw some references here and there (mostly the names of the streets in the city that reference creators and stuff) but you really don't have to be a comic reader to enjoy the show.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Along with Bailey Chase just killing, Peter Weller popping up occasionally, Peter Stormare in an incredible guest role, Katee Sackhoff in the best acting she's ever done. It really is an amazing series.

There are a few things that bother me about that show but generally it is some very good "Justified with old people."

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

raditts posted:

I figured that at first, but then people started giving genuine answers, so...
:cmon:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Dr Tran posted:

SNL's Don Pardo is dead

I wish we had a clip of Death as the musical guest.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Fooz posted:

If 'he didn't present as gay but surprise he's gay' is the joke that turns a show around for you then ok.

He's not gay.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

It surprised me how bad the first episode of the new season of Doctor Who is.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Spatula City posted:

Nope. Only 1/3 of it was bad. The rest was fascinating, daring, and effectively rebooted the series in a new, more somber direction.
I will concede there were too many dumb jokes at Strax's expense. And the dinosaur was pointless.
But Peter Capaldi owns and will be the best Doctor of the revival. :colbert:

Also, thank you all for your opinions, I shall watch Sleepy Hollow first, then Carnivale, then Broad City, then Caprica. It's nice to have a prioritized list. :unsmith:

Capaldi is good in preety much anything, but I think the only good parts were the ones in the restaurant jusssst before the stupid victorian ninja poo poo. I'm just tired of Moffat's bullshit writing I suppose (please tell us again how the Doctor totally would begrudgingly (but not really) kill someone for the 345th time) Honestly, this episode felt like it was made for the tumblr crowd (which could be? Do most who fans have a tumblr?) including an evil River Song.

There is so much good TV right now that I don't feel the need to watch crap anymore.

Also, your list up there is spot-on, don't know about Caprica, never watched it.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

precision posted:

I gather things didn't go well for the show in the long run.

It lasted like 10 seasons soooooo.
(Ten horrible, horrible season though)

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

I could see Netflix picking it up for another season.

The third season was really bad and pretty much shat on all the characters that aren't Longmire or his... what do you call a magical negro that's a native american?.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The show might be better if they explore the whole "we are actually very toxic people to be around" thing from the last episode instead of the cliched "Oh we are rebels but not really what we really want is a normal relationship."

I just finished watching Bojack Horseman. It sure has 3 episodes that are a motherfucker (The old friend with cancer, the drug trip and "Am I a good person?") And the ending could go either way into being a sad state for Bojack or a new "happy" path for him. I hope the second season is more like the later part of the first one. Not going full S3 of Moral Orel, but gives us more than "lol rear end in a top hat horse in hollywood".

Vincent fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 29, 2014

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

precision posted:

So far it's basically just Catfish + The Real World and is just loving boring.

Unless of course all the batshit stuff happens in the second half, just like every other reality show.

:e: oh God, it just kind of became Sex House :gonk:

e2: jesus loving christ

aight, explain please.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Netflix is available here now, but none of the stuff I want to watch is on it :sigh: Must be a local rights deal.

Hola!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Well, it was also a show where Spider-Man was never allowed to actually punch anyone and instead of a Morbius being a vampire who bites people on the neck they gave him sucker hands, which were much more horrible.

And he doesn't drink blood, but plasma.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

In one episode Timothy Dalton says "chicanery" with all the seriousness in the world. It is great.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

IRQ posted:

I didn't like the part where it's set in purgatory.
Whaaat? The Steve Guttenberg episode was the best.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Stephen Collins was in Star Trek. Coincedence?

MODS WIFE KNEW

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

There's really nothing definitive one way or the other. My understanding was that the plan was always for this season to be shorter and the rest would be revisited later depending upon how satisfied Viola Davis was, how big the show turned out to be, etc.

The way things are going now, I'd say there's a good chance it gets a full-length network TV season next year. People are absolutely gushing over her performance (and rightfully so) and it's turning out to be a big hit.

How's the show? I haven't seen Scandal but Grays Anatomy was super not-my-thing. I have read that, as you say, Viola Davis is great in it, but nothing more.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

I thought it was the pedo who came.

Then they made him a mod and he left.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

So America and its colonies

Man, even though America engineered a military coup to unseat and assassinate a democratically elected president here I still can't get amazon video. This is bullshit!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Quick! Let's talk about comic book0 and moviess. Who would win in a fight? Movie Superman or Movie Goku?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

I heard Mike's voice.

I like Joel better.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Kirk or Picard?

Scottie.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

If Sisko is so great then why is he dead

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

If only because Aatrek would have a meltdown and sling probations whenever a discussion got more heated than posting GIFs and :tviv:s so a lot of people just stopped posting.

Of all the mods, you would think he'd be more lenient towards childish behavior.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Spatula City posted:

Blue Bloods is a show that continues to exist, but what's the deal with it? It has Tom Selleck evidently?
It's about the Reagans, a family in which various members belong to america's most dangerous gang.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Ahahahaha, The Legend of Korra is airing a loving clipshow.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Apparently. And you do know that AD is literally "The Year Of Our Lord", right?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I think saying TYOOL became cool again after Prometheus?

Saying it, sure, but "TYOOL" is a longer acronym than "AD".

This is getting close to :spergin: territory though.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

So Hannibal is a pretty great show you guys.

But would it be a good anime?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

I love The Heart, She Holler. Tomorrow night's episode is called "Klansgender Rights."

I didn't know it had a second season! Awesome!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

That's why I said nerd fight, in the Flash thread every time someone talks about being creepyed out about Barry and Iris together due to the whole Foster brother/sister thing someone says it's not creepy at all.

That and that so far Eddie seems like a pretty cool dude and Barry is starting to look like a stalker.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Regarde Aduck posted:

I'm from the internet. I only riot if they close down my steam account.

Or if women try to play videogames.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

CaptainHollywood posted:

Do they really keep the pace up for all 10 episodes?

Oh yah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I started watching The Americans and I'm currently on the later half of season 2. Oh man, why did I miss this? (because I thought of Keri Russel as just Felicity and didn't give a gently caress about her, but I was wrong. So wrong). It's so good!

edit: Oh, The Good Wife is on southamerican netflix. I've heard a lot of good things about that show so I'm gonna dig into that after.

Vincent fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Dec 30, 2014

• Locked thread