Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The new Dead Rising 3 DLC is the most amazing thing ever.

Its just pure fan service of Capcom games like Power Stone, Captain Commando, Megaman X, Breath of Fire, Final Fight and loads of little stuff in the maps, complete with old Capcom arcade machine sounds.

The voice actors seemed to really enjoy hamming it up to, I especially love Chuck's lines in his X4 costume and Frank as Haggar is just delightfully absurd.

In the Haggar outfit, Frank piledrives a bomb and literally says "Piledrive a, BOMB"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FreshFeesh posted:

In Guild Wars 2 the primary trade hub city was recently destroyed, and is slowly being rebuilt. While running around I noticed a guard yelling that a nearby Sylvari should be hauled in just for the "crime" of being the same race as the big bad evil chick who blew up the town. The other guard was trying to calm the first down; the whole situation was unexpected and very neat to see, in a small corner of the map far away from shops and other points of interest. I always love the little details like that with which ArenaNet peppers their games.

GW2 has tons of amazing conversations just littered all over the place, just off in some bum gently caress corner a lot of the time.

Which is why its so weird that the personal story and LS are such garbage, supposedly the team that handled the ambient dialogue is now doing the LS season 2 to hopefully it improves significantly.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I love how the camera pulls back a bit and re-adjusts itself when you're fighting a world boss, really gives that sense of scale and that you're fighting something the size of a building.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xander77 posted:

I wanted to trade for it (unavailable in my region), but a kind poster mentioned that it's still tied with GFWL and may become impossible to play soon.

Apparently MS is not the shutting down the service after all, seems they'll keep it up for games that support it and haven't been/won't be updated to remove it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/23/m...name=0&ns_fee=0

That's if I'm reading this correctly.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Len posted:

I guess I got lucky because through the dozen or so GFWL games I've played I never had a single issue making it work so I've never understood all the rage people have for it.

I've heard stories about losing save files and other things.

I know I could never get it work initially when I bought RE5 a long rear end time ago and just said gently caress it, then like a year ago a friend bought me Dawn of War II to coop with him and that has GFWL and it somehow mysteriously worked in that game, and now my account is linked with this PC so I can play any GFWL game I own.

Not sure what happened or what was different, I always got errors when dealing with RE5 but it worked fine with Dawn.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite Legion moment is in ME3.

After he makes peace with the quarians and has to go himself to the geth to give them their individuality, in his final goodbye, after Tali attempts to apologize for what her people did to them, he says "I know". He didn't say we, he said I know, it was a great moment that really humanized him.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Buzkashi posted:

I think the male witch doctor is by far the friendliest of the D3 gender/class combinations. Dude is just so pleased to be helping out.

The crusader female is also super nice, even her lines for when you're trying to use an ability still on cooldown are fairly chill.

The female WD is also a nudist and has hilarious conversations with the templar about it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just bought EDF 2025, this is serious GOTY material right here, its just pure distilled fun, the dialogue is just the best.

"This will be a very lopsided battle, because giant insects can't fly!"

I opted to start as a wing diver, the all female flying unit and holy poo poo, just zipping around the map is amazing. You also look absolutely ridiculous as you have holographic anime pigtails tails that grow like 7 feet when you're flying around.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just started the Destiny Beta, I can see my feet when I look down.

Its a bit sad that seeing my character's feet in an FPS now impresses me so much. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
True but lately it hasn't been the case, you're just a flying torso.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Roddy and Keith David together is basically a recreation of They Live.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LoonShia posted:

One kinda subtle thing about ACII, Brotherhood and Revelations that I like is that Ezio, as he gets older, supplements his body's abilities with technology.

In ACII, he's young and sprightly, so he can run around, leap upwards from a hanging position and all that jazz.

In ACB he's a little older, so he'll need a metal glove upgrade before he can climb-leap. (Also, the first objective in Rome is to get painkillers for his injuries.)

In ACR he gets the hookblade to make him able to climb-leap and get onto rooftops.

You also notice it in his body language during fights sometimes, like he'll drop his sword then it one motion he'll kick it back up and go back to fighting.

They did a great job with Ezio honestly. His story was fantastic.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Been playing Dark Souls 2 recently, I opted to use one of the items that makes you human again just before the flexible sentry boss, after I had tons of close class and nearly died so many times, I mean I should have died so many times but didn't, beat like 6 bosses, got through some devious combat scenarios and lived.

Then I died running across a bridge cause a plank was missing from it.

All that poo poo and I die to a loving bridge.

:darksouls: indeed.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Lambeth posted:

That's a little weird, since you can kill Greene in the main game.

You fight Chuck, you don't kill him as he completely vanishes after you defeat him and his logbook entry doesn't say dead either.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoshi posted:

The thing I like best about Destiny so far is that it's a nicely polished AAA FPS that isn't a milsim.

There's all kinds of colorful space armor and laser guns and poo poo. It feels like such a breath of fresh air.

I'm having a ton of trouble deciding what class to play purely due to aesthetics.

Titan's are tanks and I love tanky classes, but hunters get these bitchin capes and warlocks have these kick-rear end robes.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think people expected Halo in space and got something completely different. That's been my impression from most reviews.

Outside of story, its not very hand holdy either, you can roam freely quite a bit, you can even bump into level 20 enemies in the level 3 zone.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
During the ocelot fight you can have an old fashioned western duel with him as well if you have the six shooter.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cowboythreespeech posted:

God Hand has a lot of really lovely dialogue, but some of Gene's comments make me laugh. "drat, I'm poor" and "... douchebags" are pretty funny in context.
Also, Gene is like the lamest lame. Same with Ashley Riot, frankly.

I also love the Mike Tyson quotes some of the enemies throw out... but I think I mentioned that earlier in the thread. It's simultaneously the best and worst game ever.

You're not Alexander.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alouicious posted:

i wouldn't call an entire character a little thing, but I'd definitely call Troy Baker's performance in this game one of the best of his career

Its not Troy sadly, but the guy does a drat good sound-alike job.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The alien in Aliens:Isolation is loving ridiculous and I love its, adapting to my hiding strats, it also keeps loving with me in the most glorious of ways.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lasher posted:

In the Payday series the characters use codenames and due to the voice actor for "Hoxton" not being available during the initial recording sessions of the second game he was replaced. Overkill wrapped this into part of the storyline and recently released some DLC where you break him out of prison and get him back onto your crew. A little gag being that he's really pissed off that "new" Hoxton has his codename and mask.

The little thing is when he interacts with the "new" Hoxton(Houston) he doesn't use the code name. He just calls him a fucker or a twat instead.

So who is the new Hoxton then? :confused:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

John Murdoch posted:

Dallas' weeny little brother, hence the new Texas-based codename of Houston.

Dallas and Houston.

I like it. :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That goes hand in hand with the conversion ending.

You stopped Saren in ME1 from doing exactly that, now its one your choices, and for all intents, the one BioWare really wanted people to do.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just got killed by something in Destiny that hit me so hard I rocketed across the ground at lightning speed, what killed me wasn't impact from the enemy itself, but rather me smashing into a wall at said lightning speed.

The game attributed my death to the architects instead of the enemy that hit me.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

StandardVC10 posted:

One of the enemies from Persona Q (carrying over from 3 and 4) is a Hulk Hogan looking dude wearing nothing but a speedo. Sometimes when you enter combat with one Mitsuru will say "He's practically naked! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!"

Kanji gets really angry in that game if Koromaru gets downed and they're in the same party. :3:

"You mess with the fluffball then you mess with me!"

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Edmond Dantes posted:

Those two are probably "un forastero!" (a foreigner!) and "allí/ahí está!" (there he is!). You also have "agarrenlo!" (grab him!).

Oh, and they say "cerebros cerebros cerebros cerebros" (braaaains braaaains braaaains).

/fake edit: Well hello there

Most of those are pretty much spot on, except for one near the ending which they translated to "Quick, use your muscles!" which actually says "quick, there's an intruder!". I have no idea where they got the muscles bit from.

/edit: VVVVVV Detrás de ti, imbécil! :v:

They don't say cerebros, they say cojerlo cojerlo cojerlo, as in grab him.

They also say morir es vivir(dying is living)

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Edmond Dantes posted:

They do say "cerebros": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzvnl-noW2A&t=29s at 29 seconds, and they say "cogeDlo", no "cojerlo", I mentioned both a bit higher in the page.

Spanish is my native language and it just doesn't sound like cerebros to me, the pronunciation is all off.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

One of Demi-Fiend's summoned demons will heal him back to full health when he falls below 50%, but it'll only ever happen once.

Actually his demons also have an internal counter to counts down from 30 turns, once it hits 0, ANY demon can sacrifice himself via recamdra and heal him to full again, you need to plan his full heal along with this and then try to burn him down.

Demi-Fiend is basically Atlus.txt in regards to how they handled superbosses for awhile, the RNG is rampant and you need a calculator and several charts to try to guess what he's going to hit you with and even with all the preparation in the world you'll probably still lose till the RNG decides to favor you.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Or use the wooden sword.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tracula posted:

My first time through I played as a male dorf warrior and my second was as a female Qunari rogue. It was amusing that sometimes the camera would cut off my characters head just because of how loving tall she is.

Ah right. Did a little googling and found it.

"Log 11.222.8

Science Team is attempting to reverse-engineer Samus Aran's arsenal, based off data acquired from her assaults on our forces. Progress is slow, but steady. Command would dearly enjoy turning Aran's weapons against her. We believe we can implement Beam weapon prototypes in three cycles. Aran's Power Suit technology remains a mystery, especially the curious Morph Ball function. All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster; four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes. Science Team wisely decided to move on afterward."

:allears:

Alternatively the previous page of this thread has this exact same quote along with 3 others. :v:

Never played Prime 3, might look up some of those logs.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Guild Wars 2 is the same, you can drink tonics to change your form so you can be in cutscene discovering this wondrous thing while looking like a pig or a chair.

The latest living story thing has a bunch of images of people in the last super tragic scene with their panda and speedo wearing elf minis in the way completely ruining any serious tone.

Course that already happens anyway like the one scene where someone loses their sibling and as soon as you finish the scene and the episode ends your character blurts out something related to loot like "SWEET SWEET LOOT" while standing underneath the strangled corpse of said sibling.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm finally getting my world completion in Guild Wars 2 and despite the fact that I've owned this game there's poo poo I've never seen before, one particular thing I liked was a class specific question that I didn't expect, I play ranger the pet class and an NPC asks me a question relating to it which I wasn't expecting, it was a charr(cat like war race in the GW2 lore), she tells me that she couldn't help but notice my companion(the pet) and as a ranger herself had a question, she wants to befriend a krytan drakehound(dog found in human starter area) but she's afraid her warband will mock her for it.

I also found a computer panel that my human character couldn't understand but my Asura(super genius rat like race) could.

I like games that do tiny poo poo like this, its just so inconsequential, I imagine most people don't even take the time to speak or examine most of the game world, and yet they wrote lines for some of the smallest poo poo I can think off.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is all you need to know about Gat out of hell.

http://i.imgur.com/BW8eeDK.gif

Not a story spoiler, mostly a very small sequence but I'll direct link it for those that don't wanna see it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

You can switch in single player, or you mean you're doing co-op?

You can switch.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Vaan and Ashe have near identical stats so yea you could roll with whomever, Ashe, Balthier and Basch was my go to squad and they cleaned house.

if I'm not mistaken the entire game was meant to be Basch, Ashe, Fran and Balthier till they decided to add Vaan and the blond girl.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm an idiot, ignore this.

Alteisen has a new favorite as of 10:29 on Feb 2, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Edmond Dantes posted:

I spent the whole game thinking "man, that's a dumb sneaking suit, everyone can see you coming from a mile away!"

And then I got the the boss fight. "Hey, where the gently caress is sh... oh go-CQC BODY SLAM" :gonk:

You can do the same to her with rain camo/snow face paint.

Gives you 95% camo and can hide from her, its pretty cool.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

poptart_fairy posted:

I suppose this is technically a bad thing, but in Darkest Dungeon my main frontline fighter is an alcoholic, God fearing wreck who trembles and keeps begging me not to send him back into the dungeon. He's my only guy that can soak up the hits though and I feel awful relying on him so much. :smith:

drat dude, take him to the sanitarium and remove some of that stuff.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want an entire game based off Kingdom Hearts 2 gummy ship stages.

poo poo's bitching, great music to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just played the Mario Kart 8 DLC for the first time, that poo poo was loving AWESOME.

The Excitebike stage nearly brought tears to my eyes, Excitebike is the first game I ever played back in 87, it had the classic music, all the ramps, even the little bars during the countdown before the race starts.

The Zelda course was full of amazing little details and, the item roulette sound effect is replaced by the item jingle of Zelda games and coins are rupees instead, even the coin item turns into rupee, there's also a little secret if you bump into 3 gem things while going down a set of stairs that lets you jump through the master sword complete with the Zelda jingle you would expect.

The F-zero course replaced the starting sound effects with the F-Zero ones and the energy strips give you coins instead.

Really looking forward to the next ones.