Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like that male soldiers just scream when you fulton them and female soldiers just go YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Veotax posted:

From reading the Giant Bomb review it sounds like all the 'Mechanical Apartheid' and 'Aug Lives Matter' crap is just marketing bullshit and not actually in the game. Which is a relief.

The game sounds like nothing ground breaking, just a better Human Revolution. I can live with that.

So they caved to the whiny crybabies?

What a shame, another gutless game company.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Veotax posted:

I imagine that stuff was never in the game and made up for the marketing.

I don't believe that for a second, the director in particular defended the mechanical apartheid thing pretty vigorously when it first came to light a few years ago and they got a hell of a lot of black for the aug lives matter thing to..

Its funny cause the same companies that want games to try to mirror political things a little are the same ones that complain the loudest when a company does try to do it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

timp posted:

Is this a typo?

Yes.

quote:

Oh wow you actually were serious.

Why wouldn't I be? Do you want games to at least attempt to mimic some real life situations or do you want your shootymans press button, boss is dead via metal balls I fired from my torso, can't have it both ways.

Story telling wise gaming is still in its infancy but they could make the attempt, problem is companies always catch poo poo from offended retards, at this point we'll just keep getting the same tired old stuff if every single time someone tries the perpetually offended brigade sounds the horns.

quote:

I had to do this as well and I was already sure Alteisen was loathsome

Gonna lose so sleep over this, you don't even know. :qq:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Chinese new years in Guild Wars 2

'

You can wear giant cocks on your back :D

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArtIsResistance posted:

Goons hate the highly popular gta franchise and enjoy the more obscure and dead franchise saints row more??? I wonder what they think about Borderlands 2

GTA has gotten to far up its own rear end.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

San Andreas is the best GTA imo, but even so, that game was pretty much all about CJ getting dicked around by other people until the very end.

Its especially bad with Sweet since CJ basically builds an empire by that point but Sweet can't shut the gently caress up about the HOOD HOMIE.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The memes where terrible but the story itself was also very weak, it also completely ruined the older characters as well, Lilith in particular was just a junkie and it was just odd that Roland gets killed given the context of the world, and the explanation of it was that the new U's aren't actually canon or something.

It didn't help that some pre-sequel's dialogue just seemed like sour grapes.

The loot was completely terrible as well, its like they where trying to make it pseudo MMO and it just didn't work at all. The higher difficulties where just horrifically unbalanced, no testing seemingly went into them.

I'd describe BL2 as aggressively mediocre, good for one playthrough but not much else.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Digirat posted:

Well borderlands was mentioned in a thread so I guess it's time to read the exact same creepy hate wank about anthony burch I've read probably fifteen times on the forum already.

Its funny cause nobody brought that up but you, guess you really don't like him huh...

Really everyone's just talking his writing which is just not very good.

quote:

To his credit he actually said he wished he didn't make them part of the universe because of all the complications it caused on the storytelling end.

A good writer could have fit them or found a way to make Roland's death actually mean something.

quote:

The first Drakengard is a terrible game filled with amazing little things.

Drakengard is amazing game for the simple fact that the character you play has 0 redeeming qualities, he's not someone with a heart of gold, he's not some anti-hero, he is the most hosed up, evil rear end in a top hat in the entire game surrounded by a motley crew of even more hosed up people than you, and this is the guy you're supposed to root for as murder child soldiers by the thousands. More games need a reprehensible rear end in a top hat as the main character.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

Hey, give him some credit, he rejects his sister's incesty love for him. That should technically count as a redeeming quality, aside from it resulting in her suicide and as a result of that the apocalypse.

The giant baby one or the one that ends with you getting poo poo down by F-16's in the modern day?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The flower woman one could eat a dick cause the last 2 notes happened while the screen was dark, I knew actual musicians who had trouble with that part.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's something immensely satisfying about going back to a boss in Bloodborne who kicked your rear end the first time and stomping his rear end into paste.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

I only ever legitimately beat FTL twice, and both of those times I thrashed the flagship by virtue of getting lucky with rockmen and lasers. Every other time I'd get pounded into dust after a couple of volleys.

Even when I cheated, I still never really did better than both of the lucky ships I managed to build.

Are you maximizing your jumps?

Always plan the most lucrative route through any sector, the specter or RNG can still gently caress you but I've been able to consistently beat the game by planning a route to hit as many areas as possible, I've even won with some terrible builds purely because of how prepared my crew was.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just realized what the implications of the Old Hunters DLC in bloodborne is and my mind is all :psyboom:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Don't know if it's already been discussed, but mind sharing?

Its the nightmare of certain people that are considered heroes.

Ludwig in terms of game lore is supposed to be a big hero, in reality he murdered god knows how many people then ultimately became a beast himself, I mean his arena is a literal pile of corpses strewn about everywhere.

Maria and the hosed up research hall, essentially giving the implication that she knew all about the horrific poo poo happening but did nothing.

The fishing village is where the church fights and the streets run red with blood, its the old Yharnam, possibly the very first one.

And the hub area itself of the nightmare is where hunters end up and go completely insane, all they live for is to kill.

Its hell, a literal hell for hunters and a much worse fate for some of them.

Whether or not Maria killed herself is open to interpretation, it seems self inflicted when you find her.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Glukeose posted:

Well the Hunter's Nightmare is a kind of collective nightmare of all the hunters and church officials doomed by their actions in Yharnam. As you tread through you are going backward through history, to the original sin which dooms all Yharnamites.

It's really cool and some of the best storytelling in the souls series. That kind of poo poo is why I would argue that Bloodborne is even above DkS1 in terms of worldbuilding.

Hold up

Are you saying in the non nightmare world hunters or whomever killed a son of a great one thus dooming yharam forever?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

some would say kosm

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

food court bailiff posted:

I really wasn't feeling Bloodborne until I was wandering around in the early game and a giant invisible amygdala tossed me around like a rag doll out of nowhere. I was also pretty drunk at the time and had to immediately do it again to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.

The 2nd playthrough is where I started to get into it, by the time I was getting done with my first I was getting sick of the game, probably due to the mobs and some awful bosses, on the 2nd playthrough I'm just soaking up the atmosphere.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the PS4 has been out long enough to have more than one game worth buying for it, it routinely has the best version of 3rd party games as well.

Its crazy how loaded its been so far, Nioh coming out, Yakuza 0, Yakuza 6 in the future, Persona 5, Tales of berseria, lot of good stuff.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea there's lots of BB influences in DS3, hell some enemies look like they where straight up unused in BB and just slapped into Dark Souls, there's even one that looks like he has messengers on his back.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Edgeworth is the best character in AA games and its a crime against humanity that Investigations 2 was never brought to the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr9AVYDEeMQ&t=137s

I mean this is probably the best cornered theme the franchise has ever had.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dark Souls 2 had some problems with 60 fps as well, weapons would wear out much faster for some reason, the problem still persisted even in the re-release.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It also plays into the lore cause Alonne was like a super samurai or something so he'd rather commit Hara kiri than let you defeat him.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6D43KZeMog

DD4 is the most well programmed game I have ever played.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Alpha Protocol talk: If you go recruit you start with 0 points to put into stuff but when you finish the initial zone stuff you'll have more than you would have if you had specialized, plus it unlocks Veteran which is just so much fun to do since you can max everything out early and the special veteran dialogue options are really funny.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I mean, realistically, the switch is the platform for it to come back given how they seem to be pushing the ability for other players to be able to join up on the same device.

Long as each person doesn't require a 3DS and a cable that would be a good idea.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

:negative: Nothing will be the same without Weiss.

Honestly I'm surprised at how popular Automata has become already, I see fan art of it everywhere now. So few people it seems had even heard of Nier before and now everyone's psyched for the sequel. I hope they hurry up with the PC release and give the original a PC port too. Apparently the special edition of the PS4 version has a PS4 port of it.

2 reasons for Automatas popularity.

Platinum handling gameplay duties.

2B is pure waifu bait.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kiebland posted:

So, Nioh, being a BloodSouls type game, obviously has mimic chests. I usually take the time to do a test swipe at each chest I find, but wasn't paying attention and opened one with a mimic inside. What I was not expecting, at all, was it to proceed to jump onto me, climb down, and turn into a complete copy of my character, down to hotkeyed items.

Easily my favorite mimics ever.

Be sure to mimic their gesture back at them for a surprise.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rough Lobster posted:

Wow it seems like Team Ninja lifted a ton of poo poo wholesale from the Souls series.

Other than the enemies resetting and "souls" to level the games aren't really that similar. :confused:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The best piece of Destiny lore is that guardians being assholes is 100% canon as there's a grimoire thing that has Cabal stating that survivors spotted the guardians scavenging for loot, dancing and doing acrobatics on their sparrows.

There's also another piece that explains that the PvP Crucible maps are chosen because they are areas that need to be guarded, and offering guardians incentives to shoot each other in the face is the best way to keep them all in one place, otherwise they'll wander off to search for shiny things.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Since this is the PYF thread and not the sister thread I'll repeat that I loving love Destiny despite its flaws and more games need to have straight-up laser space guns. I would kill for a colorful, goofy futuristic Battlefield.

How about an AK47 that shoots lightning

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I'm playing ME1 which is my first time playing a ME game, and while I like the codex and having all the info to read(Witcher 3 does this really good too) I can't stand the narration. It goes way too slow for me, and if I try to read further it distracts me. Luckily I have a mute shortcut on my keyboard so that solves that.

So you're playing a story centric game and ignoring most of the story.

Makes sense.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

No you jackass. ME1 has a narrated codec, and he's turning off the narration and reading it himself.

First off rude.

Second, yea now I get it, my bad.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I just rescued Oliver in Far Cry 3 and after weeks of being kept in a slave's prison, his flat-brimmed hat still has the drat sticker on it. And his first words to you after saving him from slavery in a hail of gunfire and explosions are "nice ink, bro!"

Lol yeah I wonder why he responded rudely to your post, how can we ever solve this mystery? Go back to DoA Extreme 3, keep that hand busy so you don't post so much.

There you go with that projecting again.

Its the internet man, no need to be so insecure, no one's watching unless daddy put a keylogger on your PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I'm...not projecting at all? You're proud of playing a game all about computer generated tits, you posted it here.

Just because you're too damaged to understand the concept of shame doesn't mean it doesn't apply here, duder.

Uhh, I posted about it in the dragging games down thread mr projection, you're the one bringing it up here to score points with your GBS buddies.

And shame yea, I'm totally gonna lose sleep cause something awful forums poster food court bailiff things less of me cause I enjoy a game, like drat you have no idea dude, tears rolling down my cheeks as I type this.

Look I get it, you're insecure and pathetic and in your mind you feel superior to me because "well I don't enjoy games like THAT' *sips tea*, its funny cause those trying to sound the immature alarm and trying to shame someone for a game they enjoy are truly the insecure and pathetic ones, but hey if thinking you're better than me brings you a small moment of joy in your miserable life, by all means mr projection, have at it.

I'll just ignore the fact that this little slapfight came off me a mistake and owning up to it and you flying in to get your pathetic little dig in over completely unrelated poo poo.

:shrug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)