Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I was playing a VS AI match of Overwatch and usually if the AI choose multiple of the same character it will just be the character name with a number at the end, Tracer 2, Junkrat 2, etc. In the round I was playing there were two Soldier 76 characters. One was Soldier 76, the other was Soldier 77.

TontoCorazon posted:

Overwatch is a pretty cool game. If you're playing against AI and you win the AI will write in the chat box "GG" or "gg :l"

This carries over to the results screen where an AI player will vote for themselves and then mention that they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Ignimbrite posted:

In LoZ: BotW, in one of the entrances to the first proper town you come to there are sheikah eyes as ornaments at the peak of some arches. One of them has an arrow sticking out of it ala the eye switches out of previous LoZ games. You can also pick up the arrow.

You should shoot it with an arrow.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

poptart_fairy posted:

An NPC in Destiny called Lord Shaxx is one of the game's PVP equipment vendors, and handles quests relating to that aspect of the game. He's literally incapable of talking at anything less than full volume, and will bellow at players when they go near him in the social hubs.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T CONCENTRATE WHEN I'M SHOUTING?

I was playing a Crucible match of Point Capture in Destiny 2 last night and fired a rocket into a room that had a point and managed to wipe the whole opposing team. 4 or 5 different voice lines triggered and played over each other. The last I heard was Shaxx shouting ALL OF THEM?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I've been playing Golf Story for the Switch and recently went to a course that is high up in the mountains It took me a while to realise that if you hit your ball off the side of the mountain the rumble in the controller makes a little falling noise, like Wile E Coyote falling off a cliff.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

poptart_fairy posted:

Also your pet doggy revives you by licking your face.

Mine is bugged out because he goes straight for the crotch.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Crowetron posted:

Yakuza is the only series that gets how to do QTEs mid-fight and everyone else should be banned from doing so.

You press triangle and Kiryu swings a man at a light pole or pours salt in the guys face or beats him with a bicycle/scooter or force feed them a box of nails.

Kazuma Kiryu has never killed anyone.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I think Shenmue would be the reason for the QTE trend in games of the 2000s

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The snails tucking in and rolling off rocks when you run past them in Animal Crossing:New Horizons.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

christmas boots posted:

It got memed to hell, but I still love the part of Yakuza 0 where you hire Nugget as a property manager.

In Like A Dragon you get Omelette who is the mascot for the company in the management minigame.

She is a good chicken.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

darkwasthenight posted:

The little flip flip land animations in Maneater are brilliant and I never stopped cackling whenever I manage to launch myself out of a swimming pool to obliterate some innocent pedestrian. Game is about exactly the right length of time you want to be a B movie shark too.

The swappable upgrades is a great idea, I ust wish there were more different upgrade trees and less upgrade tiers for each part - would have been fun to be a hammerhead or something goofy but just ended up going Bone most of the time.

My only other complaint is that you don't get to bite a plane/helicopter which seems like an automatic win for an over the top shark movie.

There's DLC coming out for it that has helicopters hunt the shark so you might be able to take them down in that.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I like that your character kicks up silt when walking underwater in Axiom Verge 2.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Instead of climbing a tower to reveal icons on the map in No More Heroes 3, you unclog public toilets.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Hexyflexy posted:

I must have played it though 3 or 4 times now. Beautifully designed to play, every bit of the world feels "real" without over explaining every last thing. The voice actors are great, especially for the big enemies. The graphic design is the most consistent and pretty I've seen in ages, I've worked as a rendering engineer and I was just plain jealous of how well the programmers and art team worked together. And it's a wonderful romance between machine and person.

On top of that the end credits were so cinematically beautiful in the theme of the thing I cried.

I might like it quite a bit.

I hope we get a Titanfall 3 and it better have BT in it.

https://i.imgur.com/AILrCMY.mp4

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The green bits of Samus' suit light up in dark rooms in Metroid Dread :)

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The name of the guy that runs the photography studio in Pokemon Legends: Arceus is Dagero, a reference to daguerreotype https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daguerreotype

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Oxxidation posted:

elden ring lets you summon the ghosts of ancient heroes and skeleton hordes but two of the uncontested best are a jellyfish and an unhealthy dog

I like the demi-humans. You summon them and it just turns into a violent mob loving guys up.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Kitfox88 posted:

One of my fave clusters so far was several about incredible foe ahead and prepare for death and whatnot during the stairs down into one of those little basements that I’d opened with a sword key. I get there and its just a bunch of regular turtles walking around and the item was a stamina regen talisman :allears:

I put a Dog! message down there at the entrance and it keeps getting appraised.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Velocity Raptor posted:

A fun thing I discovered in Eldin Ring are these blue, ethereal trees that will summon a golden zombie phantom that will lead you to some secret - usually a mini dungeon.

I found one when I was playing last and it led me all around this area for a couple of minutes until it finally got me to the destination. The fun part comes from all the signs I encountered while following the zombie, since it literally shambles the entire time it's leading you. "Time for old codger..." and "Try running!"

It made a potentially tedious game of follow the leader be rather entertaining.

One of those ghost bastards led me to a giant sleeping bear. :mad:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Snake but bird is a good one

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

CJacobs posted:

I've been playing Rogue Legacy 2 and it's cool that they brought back the Gay trait from the first game, which only changed the statues which give you healing chicken and the gender of your spouse should you beat the game as A Gay. Now it's called 'Nature' and it has a number of different randomly rolled descriptions that give your character a little bit of personal identity. I haven't rolled it yet but one of the descriptions removes the 'Sir/Lady' from your character's title and just leaves their name as an NB nod.

edit:

It's clever because any of these can be applied to a masculine- or feminine-named character, allowing you to infer whatever you want to from the description you get on the trait. For example if you got someone named 'Steve' with 'You're a lovely lady.' it wouldn't be a case of roguelike random generation screwups- it's by design that Steve's name does not imply their preferences just like in real life!

I like the Methemoglobinemia trait, it just makes you blue

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Heisenberg is Nic Cage in The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Got my head stuck in a bag in Stray and it reversed the controls until it came off. Accurate cat experience.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Stray has purring rumble.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The indie game Webbed has you play as a female jumping spider trying to rescue her mate from a Bower bird.
You can do the jumping spider dance by holding one of the shoulder buttons and the other insects, ants, moths, etc will respond and dance back.

It also has an arachnophobia mode that turns all the spiders into blobs with googly eyes.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
It's taken me three games to realise the keys in Splatoon singleplayer are golden crabs

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Captain Hygiene posted:

My favorite new little thing in Splatoon 3 is that everyone now gets customizable nametags that pop up during multiplayer, with various stylish backgrounds, stickers, and multi-part titles you can use that are awarded during game progression. It's ultimately meaningless, but it adds fun things to collect every handful of matches, and it's just that much more entertaining to find out you've been splatted by someone declaring themselves things like "Superhuman Vice President" or "The Very First Human" :buddy:

Mine is currently Howling Squid or Howling Magician because i haven't unlocked very many of them.

I think i was in a match the other day with someone that said they were Crispy Fried Chicken Vice President

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Shiroc posted:

I was momentarily sad when it was time my small idiot son Fuecoco to evolve but I felt better once I saw he just became my larger idiot son.

He gets a hat!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Silph Co made the Master Balls, not Oak!

I liked that Legends: Arceus didn't have Master Balls yet because they hadn't been invented yet.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
They do come with their own garnish

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Cleretic posted:

Until the new Mario movie comes out, you can't say with certainty that it isn't a sequel to the Bob Hoskins movie.

Dinohatten is in Sarasaland

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I started playing Ghostwire Tokyo, the rain is the kanji for rain and I like that the streetlights reflect the awareness of the visitors, they all glow yellow when the visitors get a glimpse of you and they glow red when they start coming after you

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The update with the extra colours in Dead Space 2 turned it into a lightshow

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I like the giant platter on the save points in the Dead Space Remake. 500 years into the future, interstellar travel and still using disc platters.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I didn't realise that there were babies firing things at me until the last turret, I thought Isaac just got hit by an asteroid fragment because I missed a couple.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

The moth guy in Prime 2

I love the Luminoth and hope they return in a future game.

Samus Aran, raised by big birds, friends with big moths

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Especially while sparring with fellow students to learn new moves. Come student, you are needed for a demonstration...

Gotta break the knee for a few minutes before learning the new move

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Kazuma Kiryu has never killed somebody

Never

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
It'll be the fish gundam

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Leal posted:

Can you parry the minigun?

the only person with fast enough knife skills would be krauser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Is Bison proper dead? Like definitely not coming back dead? or is it going to be oh gently caress his psycho power brought him back?