Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

There's a scene where Venom Snake and Quiet frolic in the rain which is hilariously awkward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLKT75RHEAI

The model swap they mentioned is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87YXRvfMDlM

is there a DDog version of this? I've seen the gif where it looks like he's being attacked by a horrible whirling mound of doglimbs and he's stamping at it to make it go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Ross-contemplates-suicide-after-the-death-of-his-father arc was pretty dark but I never managed to make him actually go through with it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why did you do this

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

then he dies and it runs off to become one of the Rabid Gnashers you chop your way through in the Weald

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

have you done that to the muton yet

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

I think my favorite thing was how the terrorist faction had upgrades to imbue a ton of their weapons with anthrax, which is totally a thing middle-eastern terrorists use, right? Anthrax in this case being a green liquid that could be upgraded to a blue liquid. They had tanks that sprayed huge streams of it and could load it into their scud missiles.

well i mean the whole GLA thing kinda had to be sort-of terroristy but not actually accurate, for fairly obvious reasons. which is why they had their main base in Kazahkstan

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Olaf The Stout posted:

a pretty rad duck.

please expand on this

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what is the achievement called?

you have given us the punchline without the joke

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

LOL if you actually read Poptart Fairy posts.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

any time there is a sex scene just put your fingers in your ears and shout LA LA LA LA LA for about three minutes

bam! no more sex scenes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gah, what a wankshit. jesus. i mean jesus. the nerve of this cockparrot

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ryoshi posted:

Thank you for contributing to this thread with your brutal own about my post re: a level designer with his head up his rear end, a chip on his shoulder, and a faulty decimal button on his calculator, you have truly opened my eyes and enriched the world today.

hahaa

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

was that patched in later, or has it been there since the start?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gohuskies posted:

Assassin's Creed 2 also had one of my favorite final bosses of all time because in how many games do you get to fistfight the pope?

i guess grandia 2, if you don't equip yourself properly?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

FreudianSlippers posted:

Alpha Protocol has stats at the end of each mission but they not only show how many enemies you killed but how many children you orphaned

my understanding is that this changes depending on the level; you get more orphans from offing al-quaedas compared to killing supermarines in black ops sites

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

everything else probably whiffs as well

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have been playing Zelda II: the Adventure of Link and I think it's cool that they used all the names of the towns for characters in Ocarina of Time, like the towns are named after them. :)

i remember being oddly thrilled at this when i was a kid

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ssshhhpaayyysss!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i, too, like to think of images

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

title just gets apter and apter

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i suppose the jacket has a gamer word on it, but not what is commonly understood as the gamer word

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah this is getting in the way of Souls discussion

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it was always good

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

to save everyone else the google search - really good item if you do it properly, really bad item if you cheat or bruteforce it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that sounds like extremely good value for money though

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

luigi the unreliable narrator, written by gene wolfe

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the cat kills a huge kung-fu ant??

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think if they're a serial killer that targets cannibal rapists then that's chaotic neutral at worst

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

I don't know if it counts as a little thing but Crypt of the Necrodancer has new DLC after five years and it adds online multiplayer.

it adds the ability for the game to load without freezing the window and taking five minutes, too. it's real good

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

moonmazed posted:

god drat it i never noticed this

how

e: unless you mean the name in which case fair enough

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the moral is that if you're good enough at music, some extremely large chaps in loincloths will show up and help sort things out

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

It just occurred to me that in OoT, the fish girl wants to be Link's wife, and then in MM she's the girlfriend of one of the guys Link ends up soul-stealing.

the number of fish that want to gently caress link is quite surprising

well, it's weird that it happened twice

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fitting that he has a big blue star on his back

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

heh, nice joke, but this is pyf, where factual accuracy is more important - dazzle camo only works in motion

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

BioEnchanted posted:

Just curious, are there any circumstances in which your arachnophobia doesn't trigger because something about the spiders breaks your suspension of disbelief so your brain just sees it as "Not a spider" at that point?

on a similar vein to this there's Arachnophobia Mode in Grounded that has a sliding scale to remove spideryness from spiders, so arachnophobes can play. it goes from "fewer legs" through "no legs", then "no fangs", "just orbs", "just monochrome orbs"

p cool accessibility addition, imo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

perhaps if you edit the .ini to put a negative number in the arachnophobia config field...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

BioEnchanted posted:

Kind of paints a weird picture that resembles poo poo like old Tintin comics treating non-europeans as animalistic or stupid.

i think i am yet to be convinced that the deepnest spiders represent horrible colonial attitudes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you have giant fingers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that last one sounds very judgemental