Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Best strategy guide tip:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m playing Dragon Quest Builders 2 and there is a sentient bag of gems that speaks in polari. It’s certainly a choice.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

Which is another thing 4E does! It's got the usual effects like "hit chance up or down" and "damage every round" but also ones like "can only move 2 squares" (usually 6) or "only gets one action a turn" (usually 3, broadly) that force a creature into completely different behaviour. And often the stats effects are baked into those rather than standalone.

The fact that we never got a 4e video game is such a huge bummer.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

It's better actually. Even if she is the last one standing, he will just say "..." and not act lol

Related bit from Yakuza Like A Dragon

There's a bit where you have to fight Kiryu, the protagonist from the rest of the series, and since he’s such a stand up dude he will not target any female party member. Which can actually make the fight harder if you have both women in your party, because if the main character is k.o.ed it’s game over.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDV6VksSRU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

That’s good but not good enough to pop into my head once a week despite not playing the game in over 20 years like the original. Maybe I should revisit the series.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’ll say this in Ted Faro’s favor : I would rather die in a robot apocalypse than the climate/covid apocalypse.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Dead Space has some good death animations but it’s hard to beat Resident Evil 4 in that regard.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

You can dual wield in Resident Evil 4 vr. Nothing more fun the fighting bosses with a striker in one hand and the broken butterfly in the other.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Why do you think Cuban cigars are so sought after?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Growing Arthur’s beard out and playing dress up in Red Dead Redemption 2.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Posting this in the right thread this time:

Wasteland 3: I put a magic doohickey under the barrel of my smg and now it shoots tiny grenades. I also punched a giant robot scorpion to death.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mamkute posted:

Gears of War: You start with a gun that has a chainsaw attached to it.

You can find this gun in Wasteland 3. The chainsaw is broken but it shoots exploding bullets.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The Legend of Zelda timeline:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

You can put a skull mask on your horse in Stardew Valley.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

My daughter wants to know how to do this. She has built her sister “the bone house” for their co-op play and wants the skeleton horse to go with it

Kill a bunch of skeletons in the mine to get the mask from the adventurers guild, select the mask in your tool bar, press use while standing by the horses head.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

verbal enema posted:

The capture mode in Mad Max isn't the greatest one but goddamn it kicks rear end

That whole game kicks rear end I really really REALLY want another one :(

I don’t know if it was a glitch but the last time I messed with it it kept the filter on when I went back to the game, pretty cool.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Yes, but the inventory shuffling is a little tedious.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Death Stranding has ramps you can set up to let people do jumps from in their vehicles. I only just now realized you can just run up to them on foot, and it'll still go into radical slow motion mode as you jump off the ramp. Sorry, person I'm carrying on my back, we're gonna be doing some sweet tricks here :getin:

Floating carrier skateboard is one of my favorite things, and the ramps make them even better.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

oldpainless posted:

I hate to be that guy but technically it’s R3 and L3.

:kratos:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

This was my introduction to something awful.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The last episode of Columbo aired in 2003.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

Yes, and that was 20 years ago. Decades old.

:corsair: but it crumbles into dust like when you die in Baldur’s Gate.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Yes, he’s the straight man. Stimpy is the fool

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The driving in Cyberpunk 2077 is not good, but on ps5 the adaptive triggers feel great when driving.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Reallocate
Every
Single
Point
Earned
Currently

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Elfface posted:

Like Paper Mario, Nintendo will allow one original, and a sequel. So Mario + Rabbids 3 will turn into a farm management sim or something.

I’m listening…

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (the GTA, let's face it, no-one played) has Phil Collins in it.

I played it, great soundtrack.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

credburn posted:

I have a hard nostalgia tick when I hear "cerebral bore." I know it's from Turok 2, because I had that game, but I can't remember what was interesting at all about it. It was like a missile or something?

Homing middle that drills into enemies brains. Basically the spheres from phantasm.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The bad guys name is actually Ganon :eng101:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Blood and Wine is one of the best expansions. My goty for that year.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Crowetron posted:

Mad Max has to be the best movie licensed video game, right? With Spider-Man 2 in a close second place?

The Warriors

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

haveblue posted:

Yeah, we kinda have to draw a line between movie games and franchise games. The “movie game” formula is fundamentally flawed, if you try to tell the same story you end up totally destroying the pacing by padding it out to game length with endless drawn out mob slaughter segments. There’s been maybe one of these ever that was worth a drat (Goldeneye)

verbal enema posted:

Oh gently caress it's on ps4? poo poo yeah!!

Does not work on ps5 unfortunately

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

CitizenKain posted:

The writing and characters in the reboot are all good, but something consistently feels off with the controls.

One of the best side quests so far has been a mission where you go in on a LARP thing and at first, the Boss is down on it, but by the end of the mission, they are gungho.

The aiming feels like crap. But I’m glad they kept the tradition of insurance fraud just refusing to spawn cars for you.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I did the larp missions in Saints Row and it’s dumb as hell, and rules.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m sick and tired of reading shovels as squirrels.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It’s a real shame rockstar owns max payne so we have to make do with Alex Casey.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Boost the flashlight on them til the eclipse you see disappears. The enemy will flash and recoil when their shield is down. Then aim for the head. Don't worry, you're probably doing it right as you will be able to see your shots ricocheting visually if you aren't there yet.

Only in the first one, you don’t need to break the darkness in 2.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

CJacobs posted:

If this is true, I didn't manage it with ~8 revolver shots when I forgot to do it once. It took 3 after breaking the shield. The game absolutely still wants you to do it regardless, it reveals extra weak points on some enemies!

Batteries are pretty rare for the first chunk of the game and bullets aren’t. Combat is more resident evil this time around so I just run past a lot of stuff, saves you a lot of items. my shoebox is almost full lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I know I’ve played the suffering but I can’t remember a thing about it