Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Fryhtaning posted:

I'm already drinking.

So am I, you don't see me making a big deal out of it (in addition, it has nothing to do with GoT). Also, it's still 4 hours and 18 minutes away for me because Shaw Cable sucks all the dicks and doesn't carry the eastern feed of HBO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

a cop posted:

Im ready motherfuckers

Bitch, please.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Holy gently caress, that episode was awesome and one of the most unique things I've ever seen in a television show or movie or... anything. Way to take the battle of Helm's Deep and make it look like poo poo. Totally out of character for the series, too (even the Blackwater episode wasn't so focused, was it?); I didn't think it would just be one episode-long battle, and I was hoping it wouldn't be ahead of time, but now I'm glad it was. I guess that was the ultimate "gently caress you" to bookreaders who were complaining they never show any of the cool battles.

kaworu posted:

I am still holding out hope that the ultimate twist for the finale will be GRRM coming out and announcing the release date for Winds of Winter will be in a month.

You know nothing, kaworu.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

oswald ownenstein posted:

We're not going to get LOTR ROTK epic sieges they just can't afford it.

What? Giant battles filmed from so far away, you could conceivably pretend it's a slightly-more-detailed RTS game? The LOTR battles were pretty great, but this episode knocked them right out of the water as far as I'm concerned.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

a cop posted:

In the books it was a long drawn out siege so it's not really comparable.

I know, I'm one of the filthy bookreaders, but it was long ago enough that I couldn't remember the details. I think they did a loving good job translating it to TV.

Also, I was going to take a picture of all the food I prepared and the other booze I drank (the beer, to be honest, was not that fantastic), but then I hosed up with the cooking and it was a hideous monstrosity. Oh well, next week's the finale.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

a cop posted:

Well, the show is much more enjoyable for them, so in a way, they are better.

I don't get this, really. The show's loving great, and the books are great but in a different way. If a were a useless moron who couldn't enjoy it unless it followed the books closely, I can see how I'd be upset, but luckily that's not the case. The show has, by and large, taken everything that's awesome about the books and made it as good or better. If the tiny details that change upset you to the point you'd even bother talking about them, you should probably have yourself checked out for autism.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Apology accepted. Obviously, you're not drinking enough if you can remember things that happen in the book by the time the episode comes on.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Meowbot posted:

That was the worst game of thrones episode I've seen. Sam and Jon are really loving boring and there is a ton more interesting stuff going on elsewhere. Absolutely nothing interesting happened. This could have been a 5 minute battle and got the point across. I hope they never focus on a single charater in one episode again What a let down.

On the other hand, gently caress that.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Shath Hole posted:

Maybe Sansa will be so overcome with joy the Hound has brought Arya home that you will get your giant gently caress scene :)

I got the feeling that they aren't letting the Hound into the Vale, and he doesn't have any reason to push his case given he has no idea that Littlefinger is a) in control for the time being and b) might actually be quite interested in ransoming Arya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Bobo the Red posted:

Cutting off supply lines and luring people out the keep they're defending are both legitimate ways to try to deal with a siege.

Sadly, the wildlings and the Northerners can't coexist, because the wildlings have been marginalized for centuries because of the Wall. I guess they could just ignore the villages and cities that supply the fortresses they absolutely need to get past in order to survive the coming winter, but it would be loving stupid as hell. Killing those people was a necessity. It's not cool, but acting like it makes them as bad as the Mountain or really anyone from souh of the Wall is silly.

Yeah, really. A whole lot of people need to check their Southern privilege.

• Locked thread