Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Is the invocation something they do at every race? Pretty sure Jesus has bigger items to deal with than stock car racing

Also where do I find everyone on irc

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

maffew buildings posted:

Is the invocation something they do at every race? Pretty sure Jesus has bigger items to deal with than stock car racing

Yes, because the South, Jesus, Conservatives, etc.

Also, get in here, we have to riff this race with our keyboards: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#nascar@irc.synirc.net

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

maffew buildings posted:

Also where do I find everyone on irc

Yes and #nascar on synirc

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jesus christ these cars look slow as all gently caress in the corners. I don't know if it's the camera work or what but they look like they're running half as fast as they normally do at Richmond.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Frankly I've always credited 90% of the safety improvements to mandatory HANS' and the soft walls. The COT did good stuff for rollover protection, but much of what it brought to the table was already starting to be implemented in the gen 4 cars

I think the one big thing NASCAR did for safety that always gets ignored is the paving of grass infields. I bet that's prevented more flips than roof flaps have.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I don't think I've seen someone miss a corner entry as bad as Kenseth just did in years :allears:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kidc, did you have a Chase thread you wanted to do or do you want me to post one?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

David Hoots likes them debris cautions apparently.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Kidc, did you have a Chase thread you wanted to do or do you want me to post one?

Pnut said he wanted to do it, though I don't know how serious he was. I'll do it otherwise though, probably tomorrow.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DEB REE.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Pnut said he wanted to do it, though I don't know how serious he was. I'll do it otherwise though, probably tomorrow.

Yeah, I saw that. He asked me in IRC what I was going to title it, though, so I don't think he was serious.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Double posting because WE'VE GOT A FENCE CLIMBER

Somebody'd had enough apparently and took action into his own hands to improve this race.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Slickdrac posted:

But if people didn't play them. We wouldn't get great youtube vids like these

http://youtu.be/E5qoiliGex4?t=2m30s
(Skip to 2:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA-RPBjZnK8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu8ukFIwYVw

I know this was pages and pages ago, but the last one was kind of sad considering who it was that flew into an imaginary catch fence like edwards did. :smith:

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

lol caution for some drunk climbing the catch fence. nice

vvvv hahahahah holy poo poo

poopzilla fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 7, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm just going to leave this here.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that's me

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Have a fun time in jail.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

You sir, are a saint among drunk men for breaking up the green flag run.

You want a Kickstarter to pay your bail?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm just going to leave this here.

I also like everyone taking a pictures and not giving a poo poo to get security.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
Must have been a sweet spot to watch the race while it lasted. Its kind of funny that the only interesting thing to happen all race long won't be/isn't allowed to be shown on t.v.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that I've never seen two worse races at the same track in the same weekend. Jesus.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Good race

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

what. a. race.

indeed

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Not sarcasm btw

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Eh try 500 miles at Dover. Those were races worth hanging yourself on. This at least had semi-drama of Biffle and Bowyer.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bowyer's dejected interview as Brad drives by with a geyser. :lol:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that I've never seen two worse races at the same track in the same weekend. Jesus.

Cup is intensely bad. I bet that guy on the fence was trying to escape the bad racing.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
Huge pile of poo poo. I could have been giving my dog an enema and it would have been more interesting.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
What a loving god drat shitastic race. Three of the four Keselowski wins have been the most boring races of the season.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I was hoping Vickers would fade back a few spots and do something to screw with Biffle, but apparently MWR has lost their competitive edge.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm...intrigued to see how this Chase plays out.

And something happened to Jimmiebot which caused him to be run to the medical center.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm...intrigued to see how this Chase plays out.

I think Michael Waltrip on DWTS will be more interesting.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Jimmie :ohdear:

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

woah, yeah. what?

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
Jimmie been smoking some of Junior's herb.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

kidcoelacanth posted:

Not sarcasm btw

That was actually a pretty good race, you had guys all kinds of grooves, passing all over the place. If they would just stick with the action (especially with Harvick and Logano at the end), it would have been much more entertaining.

Also, and I know :regd08:, but WIDE SHOTS FFS!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

:rip:

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yes, because the South, Jesus, Conservatives, etc.

You can't mention invocations without linking this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9iH5gMK1WI

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Old but good

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Old but good

Call up grover into the thread.

Adbot