Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Xenoblade is genuinely in my top 5 RPGs ever for both story and gameplay and I hope the sequel can measure up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

But but

I wanna see Reyn again.

:(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They need to put NPCs on the map. Just go full Marauder's Map on that poo poo and it's all good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Little Mac posted:

Is there a decent easy-to-use crafting guide? I'm picking up a save from a year and a half ago where I just recruited Heropon and have no clue anymore what to do with all these gems!

Here's my easy to use crafting guide:

Never craft.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mustache dude looks like a person at least! There's hope!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

"Interceptor - In charge of exterminating protists."

Is this a mistranslation or is there really a significant group of quests about killing microorganisms?

Man... I really want this to be good but a 300 hour MMO type thing is exactly the kind of thing I don't want it to be. :sigh: Xenoblade was pretty much the perfect balance.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

planetarial posted:

Someone subbed the presentation video from a few days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtNzxuly294 Make sure CC is turned on.

I see this game takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom

E: Immobile Fernando :allears:

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 9, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Champeenship posted:

So the game staff have showed off their main characters and

Oh okay, so this game is going to be good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's possible this game is gonna have some direct connection with Xenoblade - the Nopon are around again after all, and that girl has Monado hair clips. But the history of this game (our Earth getting destroyed by aliens and some humans escaping on space ships) doesn't match up with the history established in the first Xenoblade. So who knows! I'm hoping for some big reveal of them being directly connected somehow, but it'll be fine if it's just a spiritual sequel with some callbacks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WrightOfWay posted:

They level at basically the same rate but the affinity system (and how much that effects chain attacks, the most powerful mechanic the player has) definitely discourages switching your party up frequently. It doesn't help that the AI is terrible at playing half the characters.

The affinity system encourages the opposite! You need to switch parties frequently to keep everyone's affinity up at a reasonable level.

I mean I guess if you're obsessive and have to get full heart affinity with people, but you can't do that with everyone without some serious affinity grinding, so it pays off much more to switch up your party and get everyone to mid level affinity than to just use one party and get them to the max.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Suaimhneas posted:

Okay are we really sure this isn't a direct sequel? I mean the Nopon are easy to write off as "it's like moogles in Final Fantasy", but throwing in (late game Xenoblade spoilers) the Bionis' immune system and saying it's unrelated seems a little harder to swallow.

People keep saying it's not but I don't think anyone actually knows for sure, and it's a bunch of conclusion jumping.

I'm going to keep believing it's a direct sequel (of some variety) until I have proof otherwise.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Also don't get why everybody said the writing doesn't hold up in the last half. Seems to be holding itself together just fine. :shrug:

People said that? That's nonsense.

By the way, you're at the point of the game where the leveling curve is a bit wonky. The appropriately leveled enemies are actually now the highest leveled enemies way back in Colony 9. You can forge ahead anyway but the next boss tends to be a small bit of a rodeblock since it's easy to get to it underleveled.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

The writing starts falling apart right about when the final villain is revealed, but right up until that point it's enjoyable.

It's a shame.

The ending is one of the best parts of the game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fungah! posted:

itt people somehow getting trolled by the taint reaper

It's always tragic to witness

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jsor posted:

Around 55% reconstruction (everything level 4 except Special, which I need stuff I can't get yet), that's cool if it gets even livelier with the post-game reconstruction stuff.

You ain't heard nothin yet

• Locked thread