Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Doc V posted:

:siren:Another video presentation coming next Friday, 22:00 Japan time:siren:

This time they're talking about the combat system.

Hope this extends a bit into the classes and confirms that Gunban is a party member and not just a follower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Motto posted:

The party member stuff is pretty interesting. I'm guessing MC/Lyn/Elma/Tatsu are the ones who are always around in cutscenes and stuff, and then there are secondary party members who matter in the plot but aren't always around/cutscene relevant, and then optional minor members you get through guilds/quests who have their own sidestories, but are just warm bodies if they appear in main story scenes.

Was thinking that since they went out of their way to tell us what Unions the characters belong to. That some of them might be tied to what Union you're currently in. So if you join the Interceptors you get to hang out more with Guin.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Calaveron posted:

Apparently you can change all of the characters' hairstyles, since I saw an image of the creepy monado hairclip girl with a different, much better hairdo that does not frame her enormous creepy eyes.

It's a bit surprising what a small change like that can do to a face. All hail the Ritsu-cut.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Narration and dialogue parts for the stream has been subbed now with the rest hopefully being added in the coming week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kh5V73XpwY

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

ImpAtom posted:

IIRC they said that you're able to set skills based on your playstyle so I don't think they're unique, or at least there's elements of customization to it for your main character.

I've been trying to figure out what class the unarmed combat with flying drones is. The drones are apparently called launchers so that would imply it's a galaxy knight that uses a photon sabre and psycho launchers but Lou and the unnamed girl are both unarmed and Douglas who uses a light saber like sword uses a lazer bazooka.
I suppose Douglas could be the Elite Planner guy and the light saber he uses in the stream video is just a knife that looks like that.

Edit: Classes, for reference.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 8, 2015

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Battle theme is rad yo. Especially compared to how the battle theme on Bionis was Yoko doing her absolute best at making a dull Kingdom Hearts battle theme.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I'd say it's safe to assume it will be out before October/November. That's Star Fox and Zelda U territory.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
That's great. I downgraded some of my equipment in Chronicles just so not everyone looked like a big purple spikey mess. But I couldn't force myself to use the matching legs for Seven since they only existed as a unique pair of legs with an agility gem in it that wasn't capped.
Looking fashionable in games is important dammit but so are stats. :colbert:

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 17, 2015

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Weekly short trailer is up. This time it's Elma and Lyn talking about 'overed' monsters. There's also some new screenshots of some locations and wildlife on the official site.
http://xenobladex.jp/battle/battle02.html
I could not find the location screenshots on the site so I'll link to the article I first saw them at.
http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-screenshotsart/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYBrs_vBOyw

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Doc V posted:

Also, this week the little comedy skit thing they do with the Nopon plushes (which I haven't been translating since there hasn't really been any new info in it and Nopons are kind of a pain to localize) actually has a bunch of new screenshots: http://xenobladex.jp/special/sp-welcome20150319.html

Ah so that's where those screenshots of the wilderness came from. Also thanks for translating Doc.

sudonim posted:

Hopefully a tune as rad as You Will Know Our Names will kick in when they are engaged.

Listen to the trailer again while they're fighting the overed insect guy.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The banter with Tatsu and these short stories makes Lyn seem quite endearing to me.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Dolphin Fetus posted:

With Xenoblade 3ds coming out so soon I was wondering: What's the ideal way to play this game? I'm wii-less but going to buy a wii-u next month probably, is it worth it to play the game on the big screen or should I just wait for the 3ds port?

I don't like how dodgy dolphin is when it comes to emulating gamecube and wii games, but if your computer can emulate it without any hiccups then go for that. Other than that go for the wii version if you can find it at a reasonable price or if you have a soft modded wii (I played it on my Wii U without any problems). If you have access to a wii pro controller then use that. I only had a wii mote and nunchuck and while it works it's not a very comfortable way of playing the game. It would be nice if the Wii U pro controller or pad could be used for wii games.
While it's neat that it can be played on a new 3ds I don't think the portability is worth the reduced resolution, textures and english voices only (not that you should ever use the Japanese dub over the fantastic english dub). Especially since the game doesn't add anything new besides a music player and a model viewer.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 25, 2015

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Boy do I love jerking my knees off at a small amount of songs out of the 90+ tracks he has composed for this. If you can't appreciate corny lyrics then go play Persona 3, 4 and Q so you understand why they're great.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

One of them is described as the battle theme. As in the theme of battle, as in one of the core gameplay mechanics you will do throughout the 80-120+ hours of game. I don't want to hear A Whole Different Plaaanet for what could amount to over a day of my life.

The joke here is that Shimomura's Kingdom Hearts: Xenoblade edition battle theme was so bland that no one even remembers that it exists and people were fine with that. Appreciate that you get to listen to something catchier this time.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Once affinity really starts to matter you can go grind it up at those lizard guys in Eryth Sea anyway.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

That's incredible. Cross is probably shooting something up in the sky but instead it looks like he decided to turn his back to the enemies just to pose for the cover.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

NTT posted:

...is that Egil's Mechon in that photo?

It's Octomom's mech from the end of the Battle direct.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Well the replies has the same idea as me. Why leave that until after you've experienced every major cutscene the game has to offer? Not much point in coordinating your gear when there's no cutscenes to make use of it. NG+?

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/584989514487070721

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Infinity Gaia posted:

I think I must have really terrible taste in music because I really liked the music preview :saddowns:.

No you're just not a whiny baby.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Doc V posted:

My notes from the stream:

That's some good stuff. I really appreciate you going out of your way to translate things while NoA and E is busy not talking about X at all.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Doc V posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IwMoproWI0
-You can customize your Doll's equipment, color and name

That theme is really chill, and gently caress MS for posting all this artwork in such small resolutions.
Edit: Just noticed that Elma is once again getting her poo poo kicked in that Doll artwork and she's actually in the process of falling out of her mech. It must be a running joke by the developers that Elma is always the first one to die in all of the trailers.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Apr 16, 2015

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Pretty sure I used Melia for that boss fight and blew all the adds up when they spawned.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

1:33 and Seven is shown in the party on the gem thingy menu. :stare:

Well there's also the fact that Seven was in the short live action tv ad.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Testament is too spooky. Better change it to something more badass.

Motto posted:

Running around and jumping on and off poo poo looks fun. Did the jump ever do much in Xenoblade? I can't recall anything other than it looking goofy.
Fiora sounding like she's constipated.wav

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
What do giant mechs and slang for homeless people have in common?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Motto posted:

Are you guys really this concerned with what the big robots are called?

More concerned that they felt the need to change unions into professions and how "Testament is going to be changed" when it's perfectly fine as it is. Some unions even have the name incorporated into the logo. Are they going to waste time changing those too because some American out there might get kerfuffled about vaguely religious names in their video games?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Xavier434 posted:

You guys are talking about some stuff that matters very little considering we just had an awesome direct with 2015 at the end.

Khisanth Magus posted:

This right here. This means I have less than a year to get a Wii U.

That's always been the case. But if this is what they've spent the last year on then there's no way they'll release it before the absolute last possible date that still technically counts as 2015.
If you think this direct was awesome then stay far, far away from the Japanese ones.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Terper posted:

Why can none of these streamers put some loving pants on their characters.

It's a rhetorical question, but gently caress.

At least someone is showing the game off instead of showing things we've already seen then thinking people haven't seen or heard about the other doll models.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
If you want to direct your concerns somewhere then please feel free to write a mail to nintendo@noa.nintendo.com.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is from a bunch of pages back, but did they seriously give 13-2 a perfect score? :psyduck:

That game played itself so you didn't have to it was so bad.

They also gave Other M 35/40

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Calaveron posted:

Just a question for those who have been following streams and spoilers, and you don't have to go in depth with your answer, but is there really not a playable Nopon party member?

Not that we know of. But Tatsu joins your party as a guide really early on in the game and is present in plenty of cutscenes so it's basically like having Riki except you can't use him in combat.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Uh, uh, yeah yeah, uh uh... Uh uh, yeah, uh uh, yeah yeah uh uh...

Still waiting for someone to record the night version of the NLA theme so I can loop it forever.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I really want someone to record the Manon ship themes and the NLA ones.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

katkillad2 posted:

I turned on a stream last night and this terrible loving rap was playing so I turned it off immediately and went to another persons stream to watch... Then like 15 minutes later I realized the terrible loving rap was actually in game when it started playing on that persons stream :cry:

The rest of the music I heard ranged from bad to not very good, maybe I'm being overly dramatic but this barely has anything I wanted in a Xenoblade sequel.

You're suffering from Final Fantasy VII syndrome where you think that one game you played is what the entire series is like.
You should relax to the theme that plays in your apartment and while customizing your DOLLS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IwMoproWI0

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Suaimhneas posted:

So what are the odds they're going to change this? Because it's about a hundred times sillier than "dolls"

That's exactly what it says though. Going beyond your fate.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I've developed the ultimate solution to protect everyone's eyes from this catastrophy and once make you able to fap to her without having to worry about the FBI knocking on your door.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Infinity Gaia posted:

That outfit is clearly a Kill la Kill reference, you guys. Also, I really doubt NoA is going to be capable of censoring all the lewd armors in this game, because there are uh, quite a lot of them. I honestly think they'll just slap on an age increase on Lyn and call it a day.

I hope so, they've wasted enough time editing every instance of the word Doll.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Doc V posted:

DLC stuff.

Based on the streams I'm pretty sure that HB glasses guy is some kind of DOLL mechanic that you talk with in a couple of sidequests. He doesn't have that many lines and I don't know Japanese so I don't know much about him though. Haven't seen the three other guys.
I guess there's still hope that the guy I really want to recruit and go on fabulous adventures with is actually recruitable ingame.
The awesome guy in question.
http://i.imgur.com/nEs2srS.jpg

Why would you ever put that on Lyn when Elma is standing right there. Makes no sense.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

MechaCrash posted:

Is anybody streaming this who took the Forcer path? I want to see those in action, but everybody's going down Assault or Command trees. And my desire to see Blast Fencer/Galaxy Knight (the photon saber/psycho launcher class) is in mild conflict with my desire to not get story spoilers, and I don't know how far in you'd be before you could realistically get those classes. I already saw a really huge spoiler and I wish I hadn't. :(

narumi23's Cross has maxed the galaxy knight and elite planner classes. He spends most of his time oneshotting enemies with his mech now though. On how long it takes to reach and max rank one of the end classes. About 15-20 hours maybe? Based entirely on how many quests and stuff you do.

• Locked thread