Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

theblackw0lf posted:

Found this awesome story regarding Xenoblade's development.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-09-most-anticipated-x

Hitoshi Yamagami is now one of my favorite producers ever.

Well, it's a nice story, but Xenoblade wasn't a really important game for the Wii in Japan and the Wii wasn't exactly aching for games, either. While it fits with Nintendo's philosophy of wanting to make the best game they can even if it means a delay, it's not as if it was Smash Wii U that was going to miss the holiday 2014 season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silvain posted:

Those faces do look pretty bad but that was present in xenoblade chronicles. The Wii probably hid the stupid faces better with its non HD graphics. Thank God there's a character creation option so that we can go full idiot mode.

It was the fact that XB had a different character designer that made the faces better, though the Wii might have helped.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

quote:

Gunban

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I imagine it would be more like a tall tank, instead of having legs.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Riki is fighting so that his Littlepons will continue being fed. He is a good father with a noble cause to join our adventure. :colbert:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Are those Telethia at ~5:40?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Xenoblog

I love everything about these posts. :allears:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Does that mech have a ponytail that drifts off into the horizon?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

As long as I can make a good Waluigi, the character creator is good in my book.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Terper posted:

It's short for exoskeleton, but then why not just call them, I dunno, Exos, Exotons. Hey, that way Xenoblade Chronicles X makes sense, Xotons. Or just Skeletons.

What a bizarre thing to get so hung up on.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's not like Nintendo is going to keep that outfit for the West. If they changed the outfits in Bravely Default, I can't see them letting that one pass.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Butt Ghost posted:

I hope it gets removed so we can see /v/ throw a fit.

/v/ and neogaf's shouts of censorship will silence the rest of the internet for days.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Sam Faust posted:

Can armor still be equipped on any party member like it was in Xenoblade?

Yeah and it doesn't change per character, other than for gender, hence the current issue at hand.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That is some good music.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

TheKingofSprings posted:

im new and why is this a big deal

Think...if a new Mega Man series was being made by Platinum.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

For Xenoblade, he's absolutely correct. It's nice being able to move and change artes at the same time.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

mycot posted:

So people actually complain if someone removes the "repeating what I just heard?!" dialogue of JRPGs. :psyduck:

Also I can't see how you can like the British accents of Xenoblade and then say nonliteral translations are bad.

Don't try to understand these kind of people. The idea that translation is only a part of localization is baffling to them. He's probably mad when honorifics are removed, too.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silver Falcon posted:

I think it's kind of weird all around. Personally, I rarely make a custom character who looks anything like me. I'll make a character I think looks cool, or maybe who looks like a famous person, or a character from a story I like. Do most people make their custom character look as much like themselves as possible? :confused: I find that a little bit weird, but maybe I'm the weird one.

Nope. I either make something I think looks interesting, a bizarre monster that would wish for death were it to actually live or Waluigi.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RareAcumen posted:

I'm sure the game isn't going to be awful garbage like Ride to Hell but my god does it look like a slog to play from those trailers people made.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

A Playstation that shouldn't have existed considering the time table of the series.

• Locked thread