Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

The splattering paint about looks and reminds me of De Blob and i'll pick up any game that reminds me of that gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Well that was fun as hell. NWO Roller 4 l-l-l-life. Roller seems OP but has some definite drawbacks that can be exploited upon. Kinda a shame since I went in wanting to rock the Charger but just couldn't get the hang of it, all the other weapon types seemed way better.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

So how do you use the shield/special weapon? I got all the basic stuff (Swimming, shooting, jumping and grenades) but the tutorial didn't cover the special (or I missed it).

It's clicking the right stick when you've gotten enough charge for it. You get charge for it by covering ground that hasn't been covered yet or covered by the enemy paint.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

bobjr posted:

Kind of sucks this game won't have voice chat, if only to help coordinate your team.

I think the pretty rapid fire nature of the matches made that not such a big deal. Each one was what, 2 minutes a piece? After which you're switching teams and shuffling around and such.

Although when they roll out the "play with friends and shuffle teams and gently caress around" bullshit i'm hoping they patch it in since then it'd actually be useful and not just something people use to annoy the poo poo out of you.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

gannyGrabber posted:

1.5 hours until the start of the final testfire!

I really hope they release some sort of singleplayer demo prior otherwise i'm gonna get the loving shakes having to wait till the end of the month.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Ronnie posted:

Lets all discuss how great it will be to play this game.

I work for UPS and had to watch 44 (about 20 copies a piece i'd wager from the size) cases from Nintendo of America with "DO NOT SELL TILL MAY 29TH" emblazoned on them pass by me yesterday. I coulda just walked out with all of them... I coulda been playing Splatoon right now.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

Target.com says the three pack is up for purchase right now in local stores despite the game not being available yet

It's not. Fella at the Target down the road says that they're not being put out till tomorrow. They don't even have floor space plotted out apparently so they probably figure they'll all just go in the morning.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I have a love/love relationship with the .52 gal. Holding down to let it spurt fire for semi decent painting then quick shotting it to kill is really really satisfying.

Also I thought i'd hate that Splash Wall grenade but damned if it wasn't super useful especially for cutting off paths on the Mall. Best run with it was where I got myself ambushed by 3 squids but got a Splash Wall off at the last second and it pushed one of them up against two boxes and they couldn't get away and it just ganked them from BEYOND THE GRAAAAAVE. 12-4 that one. Splash Wall son.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Black Mage Knight posted:

Now to be fair that is partially because it has a lineup of games. That being said, it also does have a really good selection of exclusives out for it.

It also has the plus side of ONLY having 1 hd edition/remaster on it to the tune of Wind Waker which seeing as it was last on the gamecube actually made sense. 2 if you count Deus Ex I suppose.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Already?! Oh hell yes. I wonder how the zapper handles as a weapon...

From the way he worded it and looked in the video it seems a short range weapon that causes your special meter to shoot up faster than normal. So Special Power spam?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Deviant posted:

Oh, good. More bubblers.

Something about that super turns me into a gibbering moron.

Depends what it's loadout is although that magazine thing that was on here showed off a grey and white 85 version and an orange and white 89 version so most likely two different loadouts.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

People, I just had the most epic win of my entire life.

My team was losing at the start, but we eventually got some of our own area back (I don't know why people don't stay in their respawn pond and just spam whatever they have; you can't die there) and we were looked pretty even when it was counting from 10, but I got an inkstrike and I summed a tornando or majestic paint onto an area entirely covered by paint at the last second. We ended up winning by 0.4% and I like to think it was 100% because of my maneuvers.

I started wooing around the house like Ric Flair. drat.

Anyway, 30 minutes until new gun, new map, and ranked.

Victory like that you've gotta throw down a pixelated squid hat and give it an elbow drop in the middle of the ring.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

it seems like the strategy to splat zones is "the team who has more inkblasts wins"

Nah, at least on Saltspray it's easy to see them coming, back up then spray at it getting control right back. I'd fear tons of bombs worse because there's no real warning for that.

Ranked owns (except my internet doesn't wanna cooperate and I lost all my damned progress through disconnects) and the new map owns especially using the .52 Gal Deco with the Seekers. Throw those puppies down the aisle and follow about a foot back and watch as suckers peek around at it only to get a SPLAT to the back of the head.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

just inkblast at the last minute of the cap and give them a giant penalty

As long as your team isn't loving around an Inkblast shouldn't take full control to them if you have control of it. I've only ever see it knock you out then either you get it back or they get it based on what goes on after. That being said one round those motherfuckers had 2 stocked up and they just salted the earth until nothing stood.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Tyty posted:

You know what's really not fun?

Going up against a team with 4 air strikes. They all drop within 30 seconds and then again right before the end. It's stupid.

You should like, y'know, kill some guys so they don't have their specials all up.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Oh I'm sorry team was I not carrying you enough?

Same.

Was givin' a squad of Japs what for and won the first match 24-6 or so and proceeded to lose the next two rounds. The first loss was fun though in that we had a teammate DC at the start when they were showing off sides and we still took them to overtime. :patriot:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

The Carbon Roller was the roller that was supposed to be able to deflect incoming fire when swinging right?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Bass Bottles posted:

It's time for everyone to proclaim their allegiances.

Marie is a member of the NWO.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Artic Puma posted:

Just unlocked the 96 Gal. How do people that use it/ the 52 gal like it? It seems way too slow compared to the 52 for me.

Also, team dog!!

It's fine. I can't get over .52 Gal Deco though, it has great versatility.

Is something inside your range? Shoot the poo poo out of it.

Is something outside your range? Distract/blow them up with Seekers

Is something on a ledge? Lob paint in an arc at them.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I'll buy that one even if I never use it just for how neat it is.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Chill Penguin posted:

I'm so ready. Now I want other mundane implements weaponized; let's see a garden hose, watering pail, spray bottle, etc.

If they do a garden hose there has to be like a 1 in 3 chance it'll just spray wildly and swing you about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

arcsig posted:

Does anyone have any tips for using .52 or .96 Gal? They seem like fun weapons but any time I'm up against another shooter I get rushed down. Or kited, if I'm up against a Squelcher.

I read you need to try to keep them at medium range for it to be most effective but it's hard to do that in Splatoon, everyone moves fast as gently caress.

Yeah, get the .52 deco and if you're fighting a short range gun, out gun it. If you're fighting a longer range gun, seeker the gently caress out of them and zoom up and finish em'.

• Locked thread