Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Roller is the best.

Also the fact that you can accidentally paint the seagulls on the rig level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
The roller might be best at laying down ink/covering ground, but playing with it felt like kind of being a big target. It's awkward to turn around so people can run up behind you, and there's not much in the way of defense against range attacks. Also, running into another roller usually ended in Mutually Assured Splatstruction.

I wound up trying to let the other squids do the fighting and just focus on cleaning up whatever abominable mess the other team was making.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Little Mac posted:

Agh! Lost 46-47!!!

My team last night lost one match by 0.1%.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Warehouse Only, Orange vs Aqua, No Rollers, No Fun

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
... Does anybody else miss it already? :smith:

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Geostomp posted:

From what I've seen, EU translation tends to take fewer liberties with the material than NoA does. Which is a real shame here because that boss is so ridiculous that terrible puns are all appropriate and hilarious.

Are there also a bunch of puns in the Japanese version? Because I love puns, and puns in other languages are the best puns.

Also I think I'm getting the hang of the inkbrush, although it still seems tricky and near-useless in cases where the enemy team is blocking off all routes (so you can't zip past them and ink up the places they're neglecting) or the walls are too narrow to get a good spread of ink out. But it's just too fun surprise-slapping your foes to death with a giant paintbrush. I'm keeping it.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Jarogue posted:

Funky Fresh Treads

Where are all the Fresh Squid Pics?

This isn't my freshest squidkid outfit, but here she is hanging out in the plaza (courtesy of Jonas Albrecht).

:3:

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Reiley posted:

Who the gently caress puts pineapple on a pizza?

People who enjoy delicious sweet/savory pizza. :colbert:

And I'm also happily surprised that I rarely have any lag during a game like this. Everything's so busy,. the map is constantly changing, you're dealing with eight connections, and the fact that it all manages to keep rolling smoothly (save for maybe.. once every 40 games) is mind-boggling to me.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
You guys, stop fighting! Can't you see, cats, dogs, it doesn't matter! It's about the ink!

This Splatfest is tearing us apart

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Keiya posted:

In non-four-legged news, I attempted to transcribe the lyrics from Callie and Marie's singing in the Splatfest video (and other places)

Well, you went and made me do the verses.

Squid Sisters posted:

Cha meni moh~, chudu chudu te da myudo ni, ni de po meda dy'n.

Sa myudo ni~ de nani-de chudo pa-ra-chi, myudo ni na hana meh, meh, meh!

Ya, we-ni, ma-re, mirechara mi-ro, cho-ne, yomirikera so!
Ki-de, yo-ri, yorihera he myudo awa oh myuro-oh hana myudo hana mi-i mero

Na, mi-re, chu-te, mirechara he-do, mi-re, yomirikera so!
Ji-de, ja-di, yorihera he myuda awa oh myuro-oh hera myudo mero mi-i mero ni!

Yes, it is sad. NOW EVERYBODY SING! :toot:

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Just wound up playing with one other person against a full team.

We both had rollers.

It went badly.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

LethalGeek posted:

Callie obviously I mean really what are you people talking about

Well you see, Callie expresses emotions other than shyness and demure contentment and is therefore the inferior waifu.

Marie does have cooler hair though. ... Actually all of this is weird, can't we just like them both the same?

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I would choose Team Sleeping, because dreams are better than real life.

:smith:

(Also water slides forever.)

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Mmmmhm.

I can't wait for this Splatfest! I don't even have anything specific I'm looking forward to, I guess I just want to see the nighttime plaza/maps, and all the Miiverse graffiti, and which three maps they're using....

Also, Inkbrush forever. It is the best and I don't care what anyone says. :colbert:

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
You can neither eat NOR sleep on a rollercoaster. Checkmate.

(Whether or not you can do so on water slides is moot, I don't know why you'd even bring it up, that's not what this argument is about, shut up.)

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Stokesy posted:

I'm having real trouble choosing between team fat and team lazy.

On one hand I'd rather eat dessert than go to bed early. But on the other hand I'd rather sleep in than eat breakfast.

In that case, the true question this: In the middle of a long, tiresome day, would you rather (a) have a big delicious meal or (b) have a cozy relaxing nap?

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Christo posted:

I always thought it was supposed to be a tattoo gun but admittedly I have only the vaguest idea of what one looks like.

FAKE EDIT: Eh, it's a bit similar.

As a big weird pen nerd I can confirm that that green thing on top is totally a pocket clip and that's amazing and now I need this gun like immediately. :swoon:

And I'm pretty exclusively a roller/brush squidgal.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I always figured that was something you sorted out while changing from squid to kid. Arrange your tentacles one way, squid down, come back up with them a different way if you want. Makes about as much sense as anything else.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I still prefer Squid Squad.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Yes.

I need all of those keychains, preferably tomorrow pleaseandthanks.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Grab some meat on a stick and join Marie's Army.

You know what, go ahead and chomp on some stick meat if that's really what you want to do.

Callie and all the cool people are just going to be over here with our soft, fluffy, lightly charred, delicious marshmallows (and glorious red ink).

Maybe we'll make some s'mores that you can't have.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I always hear "MY baby!"

Inkling speech is the best.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I'll try to be on tonight!

NNID is ParasolProphet. I use rollers, Inkbrush and Splash-O-Matic. I'm not bad, I guess.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
What if 9:00 hits and everyone tries to log in at once and there's just too many squids in the plaza and Inkopolis just implodes into a ball of ink :ohdear:

WHAT THEN

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Man, there is nothing new or interesting in my shops.

It's not fair!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Also, I'm really sorry to whoever's private battle I joined, because I am terrible at ranked battles.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
So the other night I was playing a ranked battle with some people and we wound up playing 4 vs. 3 for one game-- but apparently when you do that, there's a generic 'player' squid that shows up in the rankings at the end of the game with 0 points despite not having been in the match.

And then I found that squid in my plaza!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Takoluka posted:

Tell me you ordered them

I wish I had. I think I just assumed it wouldn't let me.

But now someone else has to organize a match with 7 people and accomplish what I could not! For science (and marshmallows)!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I think the shoes say arinomama too. No idea what that means, though.

Edit: What they said

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
They... really like.. hot dogs? :confused:

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
When playable Octolings are released and every single one of us abandons the cause and citizens of Inkopolis to play as one, please join my Octo Squad called Eight is Enough.

Our slogan is "You'll see! You'll all see!"

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Everyone knows the best new song is "Baby, Baby, Get a Room," by whatever band isn't Hightide Era. (I think I saw more than one name for them at some point.)

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I feel like I've been seeing Skatepark a lot more than I remember previously, too. Glad I'm not the only one.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Say thread, what does it mean when "Danger!" flashes up next to your team icons during Turf War?

It's the kind of small question that's occurred to me every other week since the game came out, and I've never figured it out.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Ohhhh. Thanks! This is the first time I've noticed those icons changing sizes-- that's a much easier way to see how badly we're doing than trying to glance at the game pad during a match and not get murdered.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Man, I don't know for Transformers. I grew up between the periods of time when they were popular. :(

How do I decide, thread? How CAN I decide?!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Do you like primary or secondary colors more?

I like both!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Callie suicide pact where you at

Yeah, that didn't stop Marie from backing water slides of all things two Splatfests ago! Why's she so concerned with safety now?

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I mean, I gave my inkling a name because I name everything, but I don't think she has any actual character traits beyond "Loves turf wars and fashion, just like literally every other inkling ever apparently".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Great View vs. Great Kitchen: Splatfest confirmed.

• Locked thread