Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Splatoon!

you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid

The first new IP from Nintendo since Pikmin! A colorful third person shooter game featuring squids and ink that's as much about painting as getting frags.

Basic Information:

Team up and take on other teams in an action-filled battle to cover the level with as much ink as possible. Spray walls to access hard-to-reach areas.

Covering more territory with ink unlocks powered-up super weapons that can be used to attack rivals or cover more turf.

Strategy is everything. Defeat enemies to splatter them in an explosion of ink, covering more turf for your team.

Refill ink tanks, hide from opponents or move faster by turning into a squid and diving into the ink with the tap of a button. You move faster through your ink color and very slow through enemy ink.

Single player campaign, one-on-one local versus, and online multiplayer modes. Online includes both unranked and a ranked mode (to be added after launch in an update).

Single player involves several stages of platforming and fighting octopi enemies followed by large boss fights, similar to Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, or Super Mario Galaxy; except instead of Mario, you're a squid-kid.

Multiplayer is 4v4 and includes modes such as turf war, capture zones, tower control, and more. Team ranked play will also be available after launch.

Your character is customizable and can be a squid-boy or squid-girl. Eye and Skin color can be changed at will, "hair" color changes based on team ink color. Lots of clothing options are available, with many to unlock that grant skill bonuses. Lower level gear can be upgraded to give as many bonuses as high level gear. (Skill bonuses range from faster move speed to increased damage or better ink efficiency or regeneration)

Playable colors:

"color lock" mode lets you set a single color to always be your team, otherwise it rotates as you play single player and online.

Weapons:
Primary weapons, sub-weapons, and special weapons make up your loadout.
Three types of primary weapons: Shooter, Charger, and Roller.
Loadouts cannot be customized.

Shooter guns: Splattershot, Splattershot Jr., Aerospray MG, Jet Squelcher, Blaster, .52 GAL, Splattershot pro
Charger guns: Splat charger, E-liter 3K, Splatterscope
Rollers: Splatroller, Dynamo Roller, Inkbrush
Sub-weapons: Sprinkler, Seeker, Splash Wall, Suction Bomb, Burst Bomb, Point Sensor, Ink Mine, Squid Beakon, Distruptor
Special weapons: Inkzooka, Killer Wail, Inkstrike, Echolocator, Bubbler, Kraken

Tons of free update dlc!

Amiibo:
There are 3 Splatoon Amiibo; Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, and Inkling Squid. Each unlocks a bonus minigame as well as a challenge mode section where you play single player levels with different weapons in order to unlock exclusive clothing sets such as samurai armor.

Guides:

http://www.rgj.com/story/life/2015/05/29/splatoon-weapon-list-unlocking-guide/28137051/
http://www.ign.com/wikis/splatoon
http://www.primagames.com/games/splatoon/tips/how-unlock-every-weapon-splatoon

Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs Announcement Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxcLLFbmJHE Treehouse Gameplay
OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2mRsZ1C1wk&list=PLLzQ6vUyPeN6usmVaWrwCIzmubfZvM76e

Infinitum posted:

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren::getin:
Talk about how Team Cat is obviously the correct choice, and generally shoot the poo poo between rounds!

:mario::krakken: Please submit your NintendoIDs to this automated form! :krakken::mario:

:siren::pcgaming: Document is here :pcgaming::siren:
(If you have posted your NintendoID already, I have manually added it in. If it is not there, please submit the form!)
Cheers to Bread Set Jettison for suggesting Google Forms!

Brands:
The sub skills have increased and decreased chances based on brands.
Firefin - 5x chance for Ink Saver (Sub), 1/2 chance for Ink Recovery Sub
Forge - 5x chance for Special Duration Up, 1/2 chance for Ink Saver (Sub)
Inkline - 5x Defense Up, 1/2 Damage Up
Krak-On - 5x Swim Speed Up, 1/2 Defense Up
Rockenberg - 5x Run Speed Up, 1/2 Swim Speed Up
Skalop - 5x Quick Respawn, 1/2 Special Saver
Splash Mob - 5x Ink Saver (Main), 1/2 Run Speed Up
Squidforce - 5x Damage Up, 1/2 Ink Saver Main
Takoroka - 5x Special Charge Up, 1/2 Special Duration Up
Tentatek - 5x Ink Recovery Up, 1/2 Quick Super Jump
Zekko - 5x Special Saver, 1/2 Special Charge Up
Zink - 5x Quick Super Jump, 1/2 Quick Respawn

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Oxyclean posted:

For how much they showed this game, I don't recall them talking much about what the release game is going to look like - full retail, or smaller e-shop title?

I think one of my favorite bits from the Treehouse was one of the treehouse guys wondering what was up with the match-end cat - later they asked the dev about it and got the response that it was "top secret" :tinfoil:

They didn't talk about it much, it sounds like they're still playing with how much content to include.

I think Nintendo has been fair about pricing things like New Luigi U lately, so if this is released mostly as-is it would probably be cheaper.

But I think they're working on testing other game modes (Capture the flag would fit well) as well as lots of other maps, and even a single player mode, which would easily make the game worth full price.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 13, 2014

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Finally Blue vs Orange is a literal battle.

PrBacterio posted:

It needs like, night time and underground levels with neon glow-in-the-dark paint, a variety of game modes (like for example, a domination or ctf mode where you have to/can prevent your opponents from reaching objectives/flags by blocking their path with your own colour ink), customisation and styling options to individualize your character. And it definitely, definitely needs voice chat for team play. If they deliver on all what we imagine for the game right now, it could turn out as one of the best multiplayer/arena shooters ever created, but there's so many ways for it to go wrong.

I agree, but we've already seen a few other environments from screenshots that we didn't see people playing at the treehouse. I think they have a lot more planned.

I really hope they do some Mario Sunshine levels :3:

They've also already mentioned during the treehouse stream that they're working on customization for your squidgirls.

So yeah, I'm optimistic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Masahiro Anbe, the guy who created the squidgirl manga/anime (I don't know) apparently just tweeted his support for splatoon with his own splatoon fan art!

Hey Nintendo put an inkling in smash bros please.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Is it only squid girls? I'd love to play this game if I ever get a Wii U, but I can't see gender from goo hair and glaring squid eyes. :confused:

Its hard to say and I think that's the point. The ones with the long pigtails are clearly female. The ones with ponytails could be male or female, its intentionally non-sexual.

For a shooter game, that's absolutely unheard of and I think its pretty great. :)

chumbler posted:

I for one like that even people like me who can't aim for poo poo in console shooters will still be valuable contributors to the team effort. The art style is cute and it looks like there are a lot of mechanics that should keep it interesting. Does anyone know if the various weapons like the ink nuke, roller, or bazooka things that you pick before the game or are they picked up during a match?

Man, after this E3 I'm basically out of excuses for not owning a Wii U.

And if they allowed custom ink colors I'm certain you'd be seeing a whole lot of brown.

They mentioned something like the super weapons spawn in the map, and only if you control a significant majority of the ink color in a certain region. So there'll be like a sniper spawn room, and whoever gets that room to 75% their color gets the weapon, something like that. The details are pretty sketchy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If you haven't played it before, google Tag: The power of paint, its a free game made by some students at Digipen who then got hired by Valve, and some of the ideas got incorporated into Portal 2's paint mechanics. It was probably inspiration for Splatoon as well, and its just generally fun and a very creative FPS, and again, totally free. So check it out!

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 13, 2014

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

^^^ ah excellent, thanks for clearing that up.

Rocketlex posted:

I wonder if they'd put a straight-up Deathmatch mode in this game, where kills are what matter and the inking is just for strategic advantage. That could be a fun mode.

Yeah I really hope they include deathmatch and CTF. The whole winning by paint thing is a totally cool mechanic and a good focus for this game, but it would take so little effort to include other modes too and they'd play pretty well too.

Especially CTF, deathmatch would really downplay the importance of color, but with CTF having your team laying down a "road" of paint and protecting that road so that the flag runner can squid his way back to base really fast would be fantastic.

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, the only bad thing about pushing the Gamepad has been the limitations on their usual design to be multiplayer. Hyrule Warriors only being local with one person using the pad and another using the screen, for example, is kind of a bummer. It's nice that they don't have to do splitscreen all the time anymore, but is utilizing the Gamepad for say, Star Fox, going to eliminate the ability to do battle mode?

Yeah, agreed. Luckily so far we haven't seen anything that would actually require you to use the gamepad, so they very well could implement local multiplayer. I hope so.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 13, 2014

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

And here we were all thinking this would be a purely multiplayer affair.

Looks like they came up with some pretty rad and original enemy designs, single player could be pretty good.

:allears: Squid platforming on moving blocks looks amazing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

NBHS posted:

I'm shocked they're not gonna end up owing Super Soaker money.

Game's not out yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's still time for them to polish the graphics right? I think that's the main thing that's putting me off most about this game. It looks like a really really shiny PS2 game in all the worst ways.

Its on the WiiU so they have to be artistically creative while technically reserved in order for it to play well.

Plus its a game about paint, so you're going to be using a lot of resources just to render all the changing paint on the walls, so your character budget is pretty low compared to a simple FPS.

That said I think it looks fine and you're blind. :colbert:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

No actually, the faces in general in all the footage I see look really off to me and there's a ton of clipping issues (the picture shown has her hair... tentacle thing going into her arm for example and her eyes look like decals more then anything)

It's not a very pretty game.

Edit: If they were to make a HD re-release of Klonoa 2, a early PS2 game I'd compare it to that really.

If you're that much of a :spergin: about clipping, how are you able to play video games? I see clipping in every single major AAA release, that's just the reality of the industry right now, poo poo can't be perfect. (Or doing so would massively reduce the amount of variety of content)

The eyes look fine. I'm sorry your inner child is dead.

Nope I'm not seeing it, that image looks like rear end. I can count the polygons from here.

It compares more directly with wind waker HD, another WiiU title.

B-b-b-b-b-but link's eyes are just decals :cry:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 17, 2014

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You're getting awfully defensive over someone saying they don't think the game looks to hot buddy. I think you might need to take a step back.

Guess I'm not allowed to think the graphics just look fine?

Maybe you need to take a step back :cheeky:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

quote:

We’ve received new intel confirming that Octolings can appear in pairs or even larger teams from time to time. The thought of facing a solo Octoling makes me weak in the knees, so taking on two or more sounds like a one-way ticket to the danger zone! I had one of our undercover interns ask Cap’n Cuttlefish about this situation, and he said that back in the day, he took out a few Octoling squads by focusing his fire on one at a time. Seeing as he lived to tell this tale, sounds like some good advice!

quote:

This is Octo Valley, the jumping-off point for Splatoon’s single-player story mode. It’s also where Cap’n Cuttlefish has been keeping a solitary watch on the growing Octarian threat! Not the most social of pastimes, but the path walked by heroes is often a lonely one. To that end, it sounds like his grandkids haven’t been visiting as much lately. Not that I asked, but he told me anyway…

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 2, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Inverness posted:

I love the art and character design. :allears:

Yeah me too :3:

quote:

This is Jelonzo, the charismatic clerk that runs the clothing shop. With his uncanny sense for the hottest trends, he’s viewed as a fashion god of sorts by all the young squids in town. He hails from distant waters and has a strange way of speaking that can make it difficult to understand him, but that may be one of the secrets of his success.

Other Shopkeepers:

Shrimp Dude Crusty Sean

Sea Anemone Lady

Horeshew Crab Boy

Stores:

Lots of accessories, looks like! Jackets, shoes, and hats at the very least are on sale.

quote:

New report! We’ve learned that headgear, clothing, and shoes all have different attributes that benefit those who wear them into battle. For example,this item comes equipped with “Ink Saver (Main),” which cuts down on the ink needed to fire your main weapon. There are apparently a whole lot more perks like this!

Here comes a follow-up to the previous report!
Each piece of gear comes with one perk, but can gain new ones the more it’s used. Each item also contains one top-class perk, just waiting to be unlocked! I guess practice really does make perfect!

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 2, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

You get to make loadouts of weapons:

quote:

Check this out! Squid fighters can take a set of three weapons into battle: a main weapon, a sub weapon, and a special weapon. Turf wars are considered a serious sport in the squid world, and as such, the weapon manufacturers are constantly competing to outdo one another with new innovations to help these athletes gain the upper hand…er, tentacle.

Nice render of the Super-Soaker

quote:

Boom! We’ve got some breaking news about one of the weapons used in Turf War battles. This here is the Splattershot! We’ve heard that it strikes the perfect balance between power, range, and rate of fire, making it the ultimate all-arounder. Easy to use but highly effective, it’s apparently the gold standard against which all other weapons are measured!

Also water is fatal to inklings and out-of-bounds:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 2, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I wanna play as that Sea Anemone lady, she looks chill as gently caress

Apparently her name is Annie and she has a clownfish named Moe? :cheeky:

also Cat Referee:

quote:

This is Judd. He’s a cat, if you can’t tell. Long shrouded in mystery, details about Judd are just now beginning to trickle in. Firstly, we can confirm that he’s (probably) not a dog. Also, Judd was born with the incredible ability to judge turf area at a glance to separate the winners from the losers. And it may look like he’s wearing a snazzy cat tuxedo, but that’s actually just the naturally occuring pattern of his fur. Some cats have all the luck.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

I think Splatoon is what gets me to buy the WiiU.

Has the release time gotten more specific than '1st half 2015' yet?

Looks like May 2015!!

Single player, 4-on-4 multi, and a hub world with some poo poo to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6zgkp1YBRw

This video shows off lots of new things like the shops, different weapon and item stats, and new weapons.

In addition to the SuperSoaker, there's some kinda fast-firing paint SMG, and what looks like a charging paint-railgun.

As for secondary items, there's a paint turret/sprinkler and there's a huge paint wall/shower thing that blocks paint...bullets.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 2, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/116646480680/classic-squiffer-exposed-one-of-our-undercover

Squiffer sounds like the splatoon version of a shotgun.

Its like a bottle of oxyclean gone mad :allears:

They also recently described "Splat Zones" mode, which is more like capture points than the normal paint everything turf war mode.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 22, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

zolthorg posted:

Got the game preordered, got the 3-pack amiibos preordered. Telling all my friends to buy the dip too.

Can someone explain to me why i'm paying for physical DLC to unlock the ability to do daily quests :ohdear:

Physical and digital! :cheeky:

These are probably the best Amiibos that Nintendo has made yet though, they look great

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

I'm hoping that these Inkling amiibos means that at some point in time we'll get some squids for smash bros.

I think Nintendo is just totally cool with making amiibos that'll only appear in 1-2 games, as lame as that is.

I'd love an amiibo in Smash but they'd probably have to do it as a free update? Paid DLC characters in smash would likely cause an uproar, and it'll be 5 years before we see another release. :cheeky:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

?

Mewtwo comes out on the 28th and costs $4.

That's true, but he seemed like more of a bonus. Is his moveset gonna be really unique? I guess I haven't really been following smash in the last several months.

I'm getting mewtwo for free also (for buying both versions) so it kinda didn't register in my head as DLC :downs:

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

And they already announced several more DLC characters including Lucas and a few that get chosen by popular demand

Well drat!

In that case bring on the inklings.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

You should've already got your code, if you earned one. Check your email.

Thanks for reminding me, I missed the email! Sure enough there it is.

I woulda gone and found it once it was out anyways, but good to know.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Prowler posted:

You misunderstand. Mewtwo is out, and the paid version of him isn't available until the 28th. He's been available since Wednesday before last, I believe.

Yeah I just saw a video of somebody playing as him.

That's weird that the free club nintendo guys get a few days of exclusive play. No biggie I guess.

I've been too busy with MKX and GTA5, but between Mewtwo DLC, Mario Kart DLC and Splatoon almost out its time to dust off the WiiU.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

3 weeks to release!

About drat time another good wiiu game came out.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

What they gave the release date for Xenoblade?

I dunno if its because it looks too anime or what but I can't get into that one.

Looks like a single player MMO.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tempura Wizard posted:

Hoping against hope for a demo announcement tomorrow. Given how many people appear to be on the fence for this one, it seems like a good idea. If the game's not so great it could potentially backfire, of course, but I've heard nothing but good things from people who've played it.

Yeah considering how unique the gameplay looks a demo would be pretty good. Unless like you said it sucks, hah.

Demos have been unfortunately rare this generation though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

List of colors from the website:

No there's no white color you gross goons.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Nintendo just posted on twitter that the Direct tomorrow will announce a Squid Research Lab project that YOU can take part in, so I'm assuming that is a demo. I agree that yes, in this game's case a demo would really be helpful. Well, unless it sucks of course.

:dance: good news

Potential leaks (or rumors?) from tomorrow's direct:

-Set of super mario sunshine levels!
-Non-splatoon amiibo will grant equipment, like a mario hat from mario's amiibo.
-Hard difficulty and even one-shot kill Very-Hard difficulty unlocked after that
-Potential free game for purchasing Splatoon on eShop?
-Nintendo tournament mode?
-Future DLC stages based on other Nintendo franchises! Pikmin, Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, Kirby
-Demo version after direct, 1 level of competitive and 1 level of campaign

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 6, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

I don't believe Nintendo rumors.

Yeah some of those do sound a little too good to be true.

We'll find out tomorrow. :)

Looking at the colors, they pretty much picked all the main good contrasting colors which is smart, although they have pink instead of red and lime green instead of yellow.

I guess red all over the walls might look like blood and yellow... would be bad too. :cheeky:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 6, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I'm going to pick turquoise.

Yeah that's my favorite too.

The closest colors are turquoise and blue or turquoise and lime green, but it should still be easy to differentiate at a distance.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 6, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvFfxBvhM9A

I'm gonna warn you right now, the guy in the video is insufferable. He's doing some 90s xtreeeeeme tubular rad over the top attempt to appeal to millennials or something, and its really really bad. Some cool game footage though.

BGR preview: http://bgr.com/2015/05/06/splatoon-preview-wii-u/

quote:

What you won’t find in Splatoon is a deep, Call of Duty-like progression system, but you can level up and collect in-game currency to buy upgrades and cosmetic items, some of which will increase your stats. Once you reach level 10, you’ll unlock ranked battles, where you can put your skill to the test against the other top Splatooners.

I have definitely changed my tune regarding the multiplayer, but the single player campaign was even more surprising, serving as both a necessary introduction to the control scheme and the weaponry as well as providing a real challenge once I got a hang of the basics.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 7, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

Wait do you get to pick your team color? How does that color thing work?

Nobody has any idea! It might not be a choice for versus or even for single player. We're all being optimistic here.

Ronnie posted:

The colours shown in trailers always seem to be contrasting to one another and that helps identify how much area is covered in who's ink. I would prefer it to be that way rather than having a preference.

Hm, so you think it always picks like Orange v Blue or Pink v Green or Purple v Cyan, like that? Would make sense.

poo poo I have a meeting coming up :smith: Somebody watch it and tell me what happens.

I guess it'll go on the archive shortly after.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendouk/v/4781129

link to the direct for those like me who missed the live version

Skin color and eye color are customized for your squidgirl/squidboy, but team color changes each time you go into battle. Still not clear if you get to vote or if its random.

The maps look really cool and well designed.

I see blue vs lime green, so that would mean that colors aren't required to be opposites, since we've seen blue vs orange too right?
Yep, different color matchups are possible! Any 2 colors seems like.

Each of the primary weapons we've seen (shooter, charger, roller) are actually categories with many weapons of each type.

The "Blaster" works a lot like Unreal Tournament's flak launcher, gently caress yesssss. :dance:
Scoped sniper, railgun, machine gun, etc. etc. All you'd need.

Gear grants you skills, like in Monster Hunter.

Single player involves crazy stuff like grinding on ink rails like tony hawk and painting invisible walls to walk on like raiders of the lost ark!

Online features 2 stages to focus on, and then they swap every 4 hours.

Unranked mode features turf war and teams are scrambled every round.

Ranked mode has multiple game types such as capture zones (splat zones) as well as tower control (kinda like tf2 payload) and rainmaker? which are more focused than turf war. Two new modes coming soon!

4v4, play with up to 3 friends matched up against other teams or play with 8 total friends who then get split into teams.

Expansions coming after launch including more stages!

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 7, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Its basically Team Fortress mixed with Super Mario Sunshine mixed with Portal 2 which sounds brilliant.

I wish we had a co-op mode instead of 1v1 though.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 7, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The rollers are effectively melee weapons, and all the sub-weapons are pretty nuts. This is gonna be a lot of fun.

NBHS posted:

Yellow is obviously the correct color.

(Squidrunners represent)

Sorry chief, no yellow.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The 2d minigame thing is actually legit. So far almost all of the rumors are true.

No mention of tie-ins with other Nintendo franchises though.

Inkling girl amiibo levels focus on sniper rifles, Inkling boy amiibo levels focus on roller melee, inkling squid amiibo levels combine 'kraken weapon' and a limited supply of ink. All 3 unlock special gear.

GLOBAL TEST DEMO IS AVAILABLE ON ESHOP NOW, ONLY PLAYABLE MAY 9TH!
Kinda lame, see you guys Saturday.

Full game is available 10% off on eShop if you pre-order.

Inkling costumes coming soon to Smash Bros!

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 7, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

Did they say what kinds of skills the items you unlock give? I'm guessing probably some things like ammo capacity or squidding faster in your team's ink.

Yeah, things like using less ink to shoot, faster super jump, something called "ninja squid" (squid form is harder to see?), extra damage, faster ink regeneration, faster swim speed, "last ditch effort" (more damage towards the end of the match maybe?), faster human form movement, etc.

Sounds like all kinds of stuff.

Looks to be a fairly huge amount of clothing for customization, including fake brands.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

Splitscreen hasn't been possible with modern shooters in forever, dude. The framerate goes to complete poo poo and the Wii U isn't exactly a powerhouse to begin with.

Sad but true.

Ronnie posted:

Gonna rub team dogs face in their own poo poo! Team cat represent.

Team maomao gonna wreck some faces.

I think the first battle is pop vs rock though, which isn't even a question. :cool:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It is, Girl amiibo unlocks the schoolgirl outfit, Squid unlocks the robot(?) armor, and Boy unlocks the samurai armor.

Existential crisis because I like the girl amiibo better but I want samurai armor.

I haven't bought any amiibos yet but I may finally cave... :ohdear:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't worry, the scalpers will make sure you don't have to.

Oh god, I didn't even think about that. What a weird situation.

Its beanie babies all over again, poo poo's gonna be worthless in less than 10 years.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

God damnit of course this is for the UK. I want that so bad :911:

Reiley posted:

I was worried there was no shotgun weapon but I guess the paint rollers are the shotguns, which is cool

Paint rollers are melee weapons really. There's a shotgun, its one of the blasters.

"blasters" are a whole category of weapons including a flak launcher, an SMG, a rifle, a carbine, a shotgun and more. :)

There's also a sniper rifle and railgun for the long range type weapons and a few others too.

Basically all the normal FPS weapons have a paint-equivalent here, which is how it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Sweet paint-snipin' action.

Actually I think that's the railgun, the proper sniper has even more zoom but even slower rate of fire.

I am so completely in love with all the gun designs. Some of them are spray paint cans, some are water guns, some are super soakers, etc. etc. Its really creative and fresh design, mixing things we know with other things we know in fun ways.

• Locked thread