Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*patiently awaits Splatoon to finish downloading*

*isn't bitter that it cost an extra $20 for the digital version or that Australia didn't get keys for the latest humble bundle*

:boonie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Download has finished. Time to bukkake some kids.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Team DLC

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My god it all makes sense now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope the ink puns take off and it becomes a thing like Captain N-icus

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Took inspiration from a strange liquid stuck to my grandfathers blueprints"
Weapon is white.

:frogsiren:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

#splagoons on Synirc if you want to chat about how bad rollers are and how noone uses your loving Squid Beacon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren:
:getin:

I'm going through this thread now to compile your Nintendo IDs into a document.

To make things easier can you please list your
- NNID
- Country
- Preferred weapon (Optional)

:siren::pcgaming: Document is here :pcgaming::siren:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Updated mine with country and weapon.

Friend me oval office

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Alright. Imma play a few rounds with Neddy Seagoon and then I'll go through this thread and add everyone.

List is up-to-date as of this page~

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shoutout to NeddySeagoon, Heran Bago and Caerulius for the rounds.
(We have discovered who the weak link is. Can you guess who? It's Heran)

Quoting myself for the new page. Jump on IRC as well and shoot the poo poo between rounds. It's good fun thus far :)

Infinitum posted:

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren:
:getin:

I'm going through this thread now to compile your Nintendo IDs into a document.

To make things easier can you please list your
- NNID
- Country
- Preferred weapon (Optional)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://au.ign.com/wikis/splatoon IGN has a good wiki as well.

Added everyone on the list as friends. Now to go back and check each page for IDs.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

You might want to make a google form for this, so that way the list is kept clean and you don't have to manually add names to it.

Didn't know this existed. Looking into it now. Cheers mate.

I've manually added everyone in up to this post and friended everyone as well. :getin:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren::getin:
Talk about how Team Cat is obviously the correct choice, and generally shoot the poo poo between rounds!

:mario::krakken: Please submit your NintendoIDs to this automated form! :krakken::mario:

(If you have posted your NintendoID already, I have manually added it in. If it is not there, please submit the form!)

Cheers to Bread Set Jettison for suggesting Google Forms!

Please endlessly quote this and lets play some goddamn Splatoon!

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 30, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also if your name is already on the list feel free to use it and submit if because I added all 29 weapons to the form so you can properly select the ones you want.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

I didn't read and now I'm in team cat, I've made a huge mistake

There were cats on the form man. Don't know what to tell you other than welcome to the team.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Again lads there is now a form for NintendoIDs. All automated so I can be lazy and play Splatoon with goons.
Just had a couple of rounds where we ended up with like 5-6 goons in the same game. Lot of fun.

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren::getin: <<<This is really good for talking between rounds and about strats/weapons.

:mario::krakken: Please submit your NintendoIDs to this automated form! :krakken::mario:

(If you have posted your NintendoID already, I have manually added it in. If it is not there, please submit the form!)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you didn't want to join Team Cat why did you sign the form? :confused:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Salt the earth :black101:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

To the people who posted their NNIDs recently. I haven't added them. Do it yourself through the wonders of a magic form~ Too busy playing splatoon~

Channel is up to just under 30 people now. Really good place to hang out and trash talk.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Couple of pointers.
- Squid Beacons. They're the little # tag looking things on your minimap. You can jump to them if a teammate drops one. :argh:
- You can jump to a team mate ANY time you like. You do not have to be on the starting circle platform.
- If you are using the Krak-on Roller, when you transform into the :krakken: remember to jump! Jumping attacks the opposition and kills them. Too many people just swimming around spreading ink.
- Team cat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Edit: ^^^I'll fix it up later. Don't worry about it.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

This is super good thing to remember. If you're in an area that doesn't need help, jump to an area you might be useful. ALSO and probably more importantly, jump the gently caress away if you are gonna die and have no options.

Yeah I saw Neddy Seagoon do it before and I was all "YOU CAN DO THAT?!"

It is ridiculously useful and barely anyone does it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Whelp. Bought the Amiibo triple back because I am Nintendo's bitch. I just want to look like a mech suit dammit :negative:

K. Flaps posted:

I wish I was an inkling living in Inkopolis.

I wish Splatoon had Jet Set Radios soundtrack

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don't even know what the mechanic is. What is it exactly/how do you do it? I'm assuming it's like Battlefield style spawning.

Look at your gamepad and you can see the positions of all your teammates.
On the right hand side are your 3 teammates. If you tap on their name you will jump to them.
If they have an X on their name, they're dead.

Try and have a quick half second look at your squidmates surroundings before you jump.
Encroaching opposition ink colour rapidly gaining on your squidmate? Bad idea.
Squidmate by himself and kicking arse, and his ink isn't being coloured over? Good idea.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Make sure it's the updated one with the automated form mate and not that one!

Edit:This one.

Infinitum posted:

Talk about how Team Cat is obviously the correct choice, and generally shoot the poo poo between rounds!

Cheers to Bread Set Jettison for suggesting Google Forms!

Please endlessly quote this and lets play some goddamn Splatoon!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The safer TP is probably better, but man death from above roller is the most satisfying thing in this entire game.

Are you talking about when you're 3/4 of the way through a jump and transform back into a kid, then you press ZR to get the initial blast out of the way, land and your roller is ready to rock and roll straight away?
Because I have done that a few times and it is the best

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just had a whole bunch of rounds with a Goon in every slot. Super super fun times to everyone that's played. We're all on IRC and we've been shooting the poo poo in between rounds.

So posting this again, because we're all having a blast chattin and splattin. Pubbies suck. Come play with Goons! :argh:

Channel is up to 40+ now.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 31, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I had a whole bunch of disconnects last night playing. Not sure if it's because I'm in Australia or what, but its super frustrating when it was in the middle of an all-goon match and I was having fun.

I just wanted to kraken people.
But then my kraken..
Was lackin..

:qq:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fly away with me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blistering barnacles that end boss :psyduck: :perfect:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

12 hours until new map and gun :woop:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please have Captain N clothing to purchase..

*activates super jump*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hihohe posted:

Hah if you fight the final boss again all the dialogue is changed so its like he escaped whered did he get another machine :iiam:

I'm gonna kill the final boss a few more times just to hear that final section music again

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Keiya posted:

I keep getting paired with people who think the way to win Arowana Mall is to hang back and meticulously ink the starting area while the other team takes total control of the middle.

Uninked ground chargers your special quicker.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhOXo9w9jGM

Donnerberg posted:

Are the vocals in Splatoon like the pseudo-Swedish in Magicka, where there's random (in this case Japanese) words mixed in so it's not just complete gibberish?

I'd assume so.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New video showing off Ranked Play/King of the Hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uMi_eD6Ng4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. Hurt posted:

Restarted and it is still stuck at this screen. I'm going to play around with it a little bit then contact Nintendo. Thanks for the quick response folks.

If it's the download version, I'd just delete it and reinstall. It's like 2Gb

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Gear_Abilities This is handy.

Just got a 3 star hat with Opening Gambit on it. Awesome as hell because I'm maining the Dynamo Roller now and it's slow as rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bown posted:

Are we still offering ideas for thread titles that won't get used?

Splatoon: We Krakenlackin

• Locked thread