Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GameXplain confirms that you can only use the Pro Controller for the second player in Battle Dojo.

Guess I'm getting an extended battery now.:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oh well, at least that single game I got to play was fun.

The Splattershot Jr. build is way more threatening then the rollers.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This game is ridiculously intense when it's two teams that know what they're doing. My last game was almost equal.

I want to see pro level Splatoon become a thing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What we really should be complaining about is the lack of offscreen play. I've gotten so used to switching back and forth with other games.:(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Midnight EST.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How do I join Team Cat?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

People really need to start splating walls. I always keep pulling wins because people aren't covering up my wall splats.

Does the echolocator show enemy locations for everyone on the team or just who activated it?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MTV Crib Death posted:

Walls don't count for end percentage, homie.

gently caress.:(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love that Miiverse drawings show up on walls in the hub and during matches.

My last match started with a big BUSH DID 9/11 on a billboard.:allears:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

King of the hill style mode.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

I've been going through the inkling boy's missions and I really don't even want to think about doing the last boss with the roller.

He's pretty drat hard with the roller. I keep failing at the last hit. He was surprisingly manageable with the charger.

Is there a way to play ranked matches with friends?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fix posted:

I have been fighting this goddamn DJ for the last two and a half hours with a roller and I don't even know what the gently caress is wrong with me. I've got some kind of mental block that makes my hands go to poo poo as soon as I get to the final exchange and it's absolutely maddening.

I just want to go back to multiplayer, drat it. :(

Save the bubbler shield you can find and wait until the last volley to use it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tower Control is amazing. It's cool that ranked will probably trade off between it and Splat Zones so we don't get player fragmentation.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I found motion controls to be awkward at first but tried playing through the last half of the campaign with them for practice and I can never go back. I also found lowering the sensitivity of the right stick helps too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Holy poo poo the hub is amazing right now and I'll be sad when it's changed back.

Just put in two victories towards team cat.:smug:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Cat Champion, haven't lost a match yet. Gonna sleep now though, tempted to make a alt because I feel bad for dogs right now.

Cat Champion here too after an hour. The only 2 games I lost all three of my teammates disconnected. I still went 40% on one.:smug:

I really hope they do this every month. These were some of the best matches I've had in this game and it's nice to have region filtering.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The matchmaking seems to be prioritizing your cat/dog level before anything else right now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I see more cat champions and kings/queens but I'm still sure dogs have this due to way more of them. I've had 6 games with me as the only cat against 4 dogs. Has anyone even seen that happen on the dog side?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just went +20 and became Cat King which is the best title I've received in a game.

How are are the Splatfest results calculated? Team Dog definitely has more members but Team Cat seems to have better players on average.

vv I'm pretty sure I was in 1 or 2 of your games.:hfive:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fulla Lizards! posted:

Well, I tried...

Do these dog-dog matches count against cat?

JackDarko posted:

I hosed up so bad by voting for cat assuming it would obviously win.

You made the right choice.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacedad posted:

Biggest thing I got out of splatfest was seeing how strong the game is in organized teams, and how much the game has to offer in general - far more nuance than I thought.

They iron out matchmaking and other issues and this is basically a game that's going to be around strong for years.

Yeah, it's nuts how well Nintendo nailed this genre, especially for a first attempt.

When will we know the results for Splatfest?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dang it indeed. It's really dumb that just picking a side counts toward the score.

Do we keep the titles in any way? Cat King is too loving good to only have for a day.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 5, 2015

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If they don't have stealth jump and jump with you it gives your position away too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tirux posted:

Hey guys,

Did any of you had trouble getting the Splatfest award? I admit I didn't login for a couple of weeks after the Splatfest event, but I cannot believe I didn't have any Super Sea Snails.

Did I have to connect the next day of Splatfest to receive them?

Seems so. I missed out on mine too.:(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Splatfest started and first miiverse post I see is someone trying to copy that Marie and Callie going down a water slide picture while all the others are just stick figures on both sides.

The Miiverse drawings are so boring this time.:(

I keep fighting against roller coasters that only have 2-3 teammates. Maybe more people chose slide then I thought.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

When does Splatfest end? 9PM PST?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

codenameFANGIO posted:

You don't buy all the weapons? :psyduck:

I've only been buying ones I think I'll like incase something really rad and expensive comes out.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You also unlock three armor sets and three arcade games from the amiibo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Range Blaster is amazing. You can easily kill chargers on secret alleys on Urchin Underpass even when they step back from the grates.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish they would intermingle the Squad Battle matchmakers with Ranked. The wait times for games is getting kinda long now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Barnyard Protein posted:

No this would be terrible, it'd ruin ranked non-squad battles. an organized squad using voice chat and teamwork would destroy a rag-tag group of randos.

Still better then getting kicked out of the lobby because there weren't enough players.:(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just had 3 straight mallow v. mallow matches. I think we got this one.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I just got mallow defender and I've fought Team Hotdog only once.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I guess Europeans are smarter after all.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EightFlyingCars posted:

Does anybody have any recommendations for Ethernet adapters for the Wii U? There are a bunch of them on Amazon ranging from six bucks to like a hundred.

Can't go wrong with the official one: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...goryId=cat10012

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Next NA Splatfest on 10/30

Pirates Vs. Ninjas.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Seems like ninjas will win in popularity at least. I haven't seen a single pirate team yet.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Every post in the plaza tonight is about France, Undertale or a combination of the two.:allears:

The new map is pretty cool. Lots of options for flanking.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope they update the museum and remove assets or something so the game runs better on it. It's not too bad but it's noticeable compared to how smooth the rest of the game is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don't think there was a best shooter category. The new map is really good and loving intense on rainmaker.

• Locked thread