Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Toshimo posted:

Allison ... males things worse
I think it would be a shame to let this typo go unappreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I'm anticipating that Feral is going to lecture her.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Wrist Watch posted:

Does anybody have the font this comic uses?

I've been looking for a few hours, but I haven't had any luck figuring it out.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Calaveron posted:

The name Clevin apparently started as a typo that was left in and I'm racking my mind trying to think what the intended original name could've been

My guess would be either "Calvin" or "Kelvin".

I'm throwing in the towel on finding that font. I've been looking all day and come up with nothing. It's possible they made their own.

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 26, 2017

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I don't remember if I or anyone else commented on it at the time, but I thought it was pretty hosed up how Mary kidnapped Furnace, took him to a dam, and strapped a bomb to him, yet the plot was contrived such that he was the one singularly responsible for the destruction of the dam and his own death.

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Aug 2, 2017

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Cat Mattress posted:

3) instantly go back to sleep because Clevin's mind is the most boring thing imaginable.

4) Clevin will leave again before Patrick regains consciousness.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Burkion posted:

Soon she will be nothing but a balloon

It does explain the flying.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
It's thoroughly inconceivable that Patrick could have gone this long without running into anyone who knew anything about the conspiracy. Either the conspiracy isn't real, or Patrick is part of it.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

super sweet best pal posted:

Let's get back to the time travel theory, it'd make sense there's no evidence of a conspiracy if it's being done by people from the future going back in time to kill the Hitlers of their age before they gain power. That would be giving the author too much credit though.

I wonder if the untraceable conspiracy that rules the world has anything to do with the powerful psychic who seems to be the only person who knows about them or their victims, wants to build a time machine, and who wants to rule the world.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
That doesn't sound wholesome.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
The thought does occur to me that, given Clevin's endless round blandness, "unwholesome" would still probably be an improvement all in all.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Patrick's feminine side is literally fighting against his evil masculinity which lives in a penis tower.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Allison made Patrick genderqueer via violent head trauma.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

the old ceremony posted:

i'm just beside myself at the fact that at this moment i can say "a mindscape war is about to break about between big psychic rear end in a top hat allison and lovely small allison" and be describing two separate completely different webcomics

Man, it really is an amazing coincidence.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I wish we could stop exploring Allison's psyche because there's really not all that much to look at, and most of it's kinda ugly.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I've said it before, but given the scope that any such conspiracy would entail and the nature of Patrick's mind-taking, I can't see how he could possibly have gone for years without finding anyone attached to it.

Like, he's got sufficient access to people to be able to kidnap top physicists, but he's never been in a room with anyone even tangentially involved in a globe-spanning project to create superheros?

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Nuns with Guns posted:

Did it ever occur to Alison that her greatest enemy and known mind-reader could fabricate a conspiracy he knew would get under her skin so perfectly that she'd lose all faith in superheroing and maybe also get him a shot at dating her?

The real question is whether it occurred to the author.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
The problem is that while we've got some bits and pieces, it's still too early to make any solid guesses about where this is all going.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

paragon1 posted:

Also he can mind read animals apparently

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to comment on that.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
This is your routine reminder that Patrick is trying to figure out how to build a time machine.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Flesh Forge posted:

They're almost always left open except when even the adoring fanbase says whoa dudes, uh this is maybe not great

Nuebot posted:

I think they close them down after a certain point. But yeah, any time there's a major disagreement in the comments it immediately goes under lock down. Right now there's only one comment saying that dog murder seems a bit over the top and it's done.

Let's not forget that inexplicable bug where uploading a new page somehow clears the comments section of a previous page. They've run into that one a few times now.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
And somehow, despite a complete lack of effort to hide them, Patrick's telepathic powers evaded detection.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
It's gotta suck when you long for physical intimacy, but struggle to remember which body is yours.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Patrick sought to rally the downtrodden to overturn the unjust status quo because he was childish and criminally inclined.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

PoptartsNinja posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but is that Rat?

It certainly is.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Man, that whole bit with Rat gets worse each time I read it.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
She's just loving chillin' over there.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Kill Six Billion Demons is a comic about the consequences of not making pasta.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
"Why can Allison enter people's minds while they're sleeping?"

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Typical Pubbie posted:

So, she just fell asleep with her mind-trapped friend bleeding to death in front of her.

She was knocked out when Allison jumped into her mind.

This page just raises further questions, while actively acknowledging that the chapter has thus far been a complete waste of time.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
How did she know she could go into Patrick's mind?

Why was Patrick unable to follow her into Feral's mind?

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Pointing out that Patrick couldn't follow her into Feral's mind doesn't actually explain why.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Allison was receiving psychic projections from Patrick, so she decided to lie down next to him and go to sleep so that she could project herself into his mind. There, Patrick attempted to psychically murder her. Allison escaped by jumping to Feral, rendering her unconscious in the process. Feral's mind is too free-spirited and empathic for Patrick to enter.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Joe Slowboat posted:

Yes so... at what point did Patrick gain the ability to project not just himself but other people into other people's minds?

Presumably back when he had a bunch of unconscious researchers in his office because he was busy doing mind stuff to them back in the rape saga. As far as I know, he was just portrayed as passively and instantaneously mind-taking everyone in a radius around him up until that point.

And really, that was the whole point of his character. He couldn't control his power, and it was a one-way ability that couldn't effect others. He used the fact that he knew people's minds to manipulate them. The reveal that he can actually invade, alter, and destroy minds is a retcon that eliminates pretty much everything interesting about it.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
It takes a special thought process to take a story about forcing the rich to give back to society and tell it such that it's actually about forcing someone to perform an innate talent/ability that they possess for the benefit of others on pain of death.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Burkion posted:

Never forget Fire Guy whose worst crime in the comic was Not Liking The Hero and Being Kind Of A Dick. Nope he gets to die unmourned and unnoticed while the actual murderer gets away

It's worse than that. The story goes out of its way to make him responsible for his own death, and not the person who strapped a bomb to him so she could make a video of herself torturing a drugged confession out of him before executing him.

I've posted about it before. It's hosed up!

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Ultimately, he catches the attention of a serial predator and winds up kidnapped, taken to a remote location, drugged, assaulted, and eventually dead. The reader is invited not to have sympathy for him on the grounds that his behavior was "asking for it", and that he had brought it upon himself.

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 2, 2018

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Paladinus posted:

I guess the point of the detour to Feral's mind was to show that 'normal' people don't have a bunch of headmates running around their mindscape, but instead it's just a version of yourself (how you perceive self/how you want to be perceived by others?) sitting around in a tiny quite place. Allison is going to make sure that all aspects of Patrick's personality are somehow united into one real Patrick, and this will heal his literally fractured mind. It's still not clear to me how real any of this poo poo is. Like, is Patrick aware there are those aspects of him? Is this how he consciously sees his own mind? Is it just a dream world not really bound by any logic? That would be kind of a big deal to find out that everyone has one or multiple tangible tiny people inside their head.

I think they're supposed to be Jungian archetypes - the female one is literally named "Anima" - but Mulligan doesn't actually understand the concept, so instead of being sensitive, Patrick's feminine side is the one who wants to purge his postive emotions. Menace is her counterpart, the animus, which isn't even something that's supposed to exist in the male psyche. They're both governed by his inner child in the form of Lord Boy.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Zerilan posted:

I doubt Mulligan really cares about Jungian analysis beyond "Anima is the female part" because he needed some aspect to be cooperative with Allison and masculinity is bad so it can't be an aspect represented as male.

Yeah, to be clear, I don't think he actually understands anything more than the most superficial veneer. He just saw feminine side/masculine side/damaged inner child and just slapped them in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
The tower is now a meaningless symbol despite having been the means by which Allison escaped to Feral's mind eight pages ago.

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 10, 2018

• Locked thread