Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Tortilla Maker posted:

That's because the Scottish are the only Englishmen worth a drat.

Swing

And miss...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I still don't understand why David Seaman is playing for Portugal now.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

frankenfreak posted:

I still don't understand why David Seaman is playing for Portugal now.

He gets to drive a german whip

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Pissflaps posted:

Lots of racist anti-English sentiment on display in this thread. No surprise that its reached it's peak in the Germany/USMNT matchday thread. Shameful.

The English are dogs.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

The English are dogs.

Ironically, their dogs are really good. Mastiffs, bulldogs, hell, jack russell terriers? Phwoar, mate.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

sassassin posted:

Ghana's gameplan last night was incredibly naive. They attacked in a flat 4-4-2 and pumped (terrible) crosses into the box all night, long after it proved that it wasn't going to work. Even when KPB came on he spent most of his time sitting on a CB or drifting wide. No one was dropping in or pushing up between the lines.

I thought Bradley had a poor game and gave the ball away a lot. Beckerman was surprisingly good considering how retarded he looks.

Robbie Savage has a massive hard on for Jozy and wouldn't shut up about his power and pace and big throbbing muscles.

This may be the best post you've ever made.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Volkerball posted:

You know all the hipster jokes we make about soccer fans in the US? They are 0% hyperbole and those people exist in the tens of thousands and wore scarves in 90 degree weather in Brazil. They call themselves the "American Outlaws." They are "Huge Fags."

some dude I went to college with posted a link to a story about his little brother riding a fixed-gear from California hippie country all the way to Brazil.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

sportsgenius86 posted:

some dude I went to college with posted a link to a story about his little brother riding a fixed-gear from California hippie country all the way to Brazil.

Reminds me of this: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-22537627

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Can one of the Belgians make a MDT so I can get hyped for their cracker against Algeria? tia

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Elliptical Dick posted:

Can one of the Belgians make a MDT so I can get hyped for their cracker against Algeria? tia

wow

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

troofs posted:

Yep. No academy system, no scouting, no nothing. American school athletics probably hurt more than they help when it comes to developing soccer players too.

This part is 100% true and it's a drat shame

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Jozy died?

Is he tripping over clouds in heaven?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Jozy died?

Is he tripping over clouds in heaven?

he has concussion i think

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
First game for the US team in the World Cup and Americans walk away happy. What a great day. Now do it again, USA.:911:

I'm an on/off soccer fan; generally I can't follow MLS for too long and I'm too lazy to DVR European matches. The World Cup rules though; it's like the Olympics but better and not filled with crap like gymnastics and curling. Rah rah rah patriotism go teams.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Shinjobi posted:

The World Cup rules though; it's like the Olympics but better and not filled with crap like gymnastics and curling. Rah rah rah patriotism go teams.

You must not have seen Iran - Nigeria yesterday.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Pissflaps posted:

Lots of racist anti-English sentiment on display in this thread. No surprise that its reached it's peak in the Germany/USMNT matchday thread. Shameful.

You lot started it and now youre whinging because the americans didnt get the predicted beatdown? Shame on you sirrah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Smeef posted:

You must not have seen Iran - Nigeria yesterday.

No, but now I'm interested. Is this how the descent into the rabbit hole starts?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ponce de Le0n posted:

he has concussion i think

are they guessing this because he's stumbling around with no apparent sense of balance?

they need to refine their tests imho

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

troofs posted:

Yep. No academy system, no scouting, no nothing. American school athletics probably hurt more than they help when it comes to developing soccer players too.

You should post about something you know anything about rather than this because its wrong

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.
Just had to reread most of this thread to ensure there is no revisionist history and post edits by cowards who wished ill fate and despair upon the Freedom Distributing American Soccer Machine.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

I can't believe there isn't a new MDT yet either!

Oh No My Equity
Aug 11, 2013

Teron D Amun posted:

gotta say I didn't expect that this was ghana happen and it might be a bit controversial around here but the US team looks much better than the #1 contender for winning the world cup, the English team

Now now, let's all be reasonable here.

England was never the #1 contender to win the cup.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ponce de Le0n posted:

He gets to drive a german whip

Get ready it's dan, ali it's dan and the r6 man that's dan. Don't disrespect dan, if you know dan, you'll get a box from dan. And you can't rob dan, don't buck on dan cause you'll get shot by dan. Straight up and down who's greatest dan make space I'm here it's dan

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Volkerball posted:

whether you're legitimately interested or just want to feel smug telling people it's a kit, not a jersey.

Well you would be wrong because it is actually a jersey, not a kit, if you are referring to the shirt portion of a "kit".

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
New MDT pls

Oh No My Equity
Aug 11, 2013
MLS is starting to work on an academy system actually. Of course it's poo poo compared to the BARCLEYS PREMIER LEAGUE but what the hell, it's never gonna get better of people just say welp and sit at home watching European matches all day, and tickets are a bargain compared to other American sports.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

proof of concept posted:

This part is 100% true and it's a drat shame

Our best young athletes go for basketball or football so when you think about it the USA team is made from the leftovers.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
MLS refs need to show these clowns how to use the spray cans properly.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Our best young athletes go for basketball or football so when you think about it the USA team is made from the leftovers.

This is true but becoming less true based on my anecdotal experience coaching in youth leagues. Soccer is becoming incredibly popular at the youth level and I've coached kids that could be legitimately good athletes in their sport of choice and instead choose to play soccer. Even in the country rear end redneck haven where I live right now where football is king we have several large youth leagues and the one I coach in has a full academy/select league and rec league.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Volkerball is much cooler here than in other forums named for a type of ball

USMNT, the only thing AFCW'ers can agree on

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
stop posting here, retards

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Duro posted:

Bro, my last name is Italian soccer royalty.

Me, me I've been Italian since the day my Italian father inseminated my Italian mother near the peaceful beaches of Pescara. Me I don't have times for these accusations me.

Ma are you for real? A fess' e mammt

Your people as a whole smell terribly. The food society is great and #1 best part, but the stink is unbearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

TasmanianX posted:

Your people as a whole smell terribly. The food society is great and #1 best part, but the stink is unbearable.

Not to mention their culture spawned Jersey shore types..just think about that for a moment.

• Locked thread