Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
^^^ You forgot one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Mexico.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

X_Toad posted:

Some people compared [Bumi] to Jar Jar Binks after all.
My god! I cannot unsee it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xRN1SMUg7g

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

kefkafloyd posted:

So Ba Sing Se is now Pyongyang? I can get behind that.
I was thinking more Kowloon Walled City. At least the poor district.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

ShadowCatboy posted:

EDIT: Also I know you guys probably hate him but holy crap Kai is such an adorable little scamp. Might also be because Kai is part of my Chinese name. :3:
Nah man he's cool. This season is already better for having started as a globetrotting quest.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Aces High posted:

Although there is one thing I'm kind of confused about, didn't Asami lose most of Future Industries last season? Or does she now own that and Varrick's company due to him being arrested? It's not a huge nitpick but I just couldn't remember if that had been resolved at the end of last season or if they're just ignoring it and moving along.
Same, but I decided to ignore the plot hole (?) since we got an airship out of it

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I would second that stance. The leaks sound neat and all, but I don't see much point in discussing events a month in advance.
But he is fulfilling his custom title by posting things a month early that people will just skip over!?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 29, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

dj_clawson posted:

I would just plan to cheat behind Tenzin's back.
Kai knows what's up.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sydin posted:

particularly with the avatar state (assuming Korra even still have this since she lost her past lives).
Avatar hasn't lost any part of their spirit, Korra just can't talk to her past lives anymore. And of course she can still tap into Raava.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 2, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Babygravy posted:

Getting out of the city was a great move by the writers as I felt the story was being too contained and wasn't exploring the amazing world they created with the original series
Glad they went globetrotting, because not doing it is why the last Harry Potter book was such a huge disappointment - she spends the entire series worldbuilding, finally has an excuse for the main characters to go see some of it, and they never loving leave England.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Haha yes!

Jackard posted:

Why not just go with hourlong episodes.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

What times does this air?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

This show has the most inappropriate commercials.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I get the feeling we're going to build up a small stable of Characters Of the Week like Kai and Opal who will show up again during what will probably be a major assault on the Northern Air Temple by the villains.
I can understand defeating Kaya, who had no competent support, but there's no way Zaheer can beat Tenzin at his own game.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I really like this city of bending scholars. Shame it will inevitably be destroyed!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The idea of metalbending ballet is loving amazing and I love it.
I read this as metalbending bullets and can't stop thinking of the Matrix now.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

This great new series that you ``~~CANT VIEW ONLINE~~``

Or anywhere else!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

"Can View Online"!??

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Are there any comparisons of the animation? I didn't know they switched. Of course I haven't been watching so...
There's been a few posted in the thread, there were more in the last one.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3645941&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post431434313

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I do think that they have no idea how to advertise Korra to the 6-12 demographic, and I have a damning piece of evidence to that effect: At no point does Meelo, Ikki, or Varrick appear in advertisements for Korra. I'm aware they're side characters, but if Nick had any idea what they were doing, they'd play those characters up like hell to draw in the kids looking for funny cartoon characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlF18VoerCE

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hulu it is! Never bother with Nick again :v:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Where's she getting that water from, thin air? Immersion ruined. :colbert:

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty okay with that. I'd like to see her fighting more than just one mook, but it looks pretty good.
It's not Korra if she isn't spamming fire everywhere! :v:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Two Tone Shoes posted:

You know, with Korra already knowing metalbending and Bolin not having a knack for it (though that's obviously more his insecurity limiting him like usual thing) it'd be neat if he somehow figured out how Ghazan lavebends. He's half firebender, anyhow, and it'd make him more unique in the group and gives him something similar to Mako's lightningbending in that it's something Korra can't do.
This is what I'm hoping for, just so the group has more diversity. Bolin seemed really impressed with the lavabending.

The leader of the first boss fight is an evil waterbender.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 26, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I don't see how anyone in this show could possibly think Republic City would be safer than the futuristic Zao Fu. What nonsense.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The first three episodes are on Hulu, although they mislabeled them as "Season Two"

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The suggestion that they were airbender descendants seemed plausible. Just look at Bumi.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Is it only on consoles or will it be on Steam too?
"being published by Activision as a download-only title for PC and consoles" according to one article. Also there is a turn-based strategy game coming out for the 3DS.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Spergatory posted:

Potentially interesting query: if destroyed, Raava is reborn from Vaatu, and Vaatu will presumably one day be reborn from Raava. Neither can destroy the other forever.

So... what happens if both are destroyed? Will the universe just recreate them? Or will they be gone forever?

Maybe that was the Red Lotus's plan. Get Korra, train her up for Harmonic Convergence, let her destroy Vaatu, and then destroy Raava so that neither of them will ever come back, freeing humanity from the tyranny of the great spirits forever.

Nobody knew about Raava.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

He also assumes they need to when in the show we see airbenders are popping up all over the place, why would that stop?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Asami is the Yamcha of the group.
She hasn't died within minutes of appearing yet.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Do you have adblock on? There should be commercial breaks every 15 minutes or so I thought?
Shush, Nickelodeon execs don't know about Adblock! Computers are scary!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Explained in the Wan episodes; it boosts elemental strength and allows simultaneous bending of all four elements. Might also boost physical endurance

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 3, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

What if its from the stomach instead

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

Aren't they the villains for 3 & 4?
Man I hope this storyline extends to the next season, it's going really well.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Stumpus posted:

I don't know man. The fact that an overwhelming majority of stories throughout time build to a climax tends to disagree with you. Not to gloss over your point however, just because they could fall back on making bigger and bigger bads doesn't mean that is what would have happened.

What I'm saying is that this storyline should have come before season 2's. The series should have lead to the fight with Avatar's antithesis.
I've been disappointed by quite a few stories because they never really showed the aftermath or consequences of actions taken by the protagonist.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

It's gonna be a deus ex machina. It's always a deus ex mechina, even in the original series. It just depends on how big of one it is.
Bolin Learns Melt-albending

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Florida should also be Water Tribe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Alaska should be Water Tribe because there are actual Inuit people there. Make Hawaii the spirit world. :colbert:
If America is the four nations then Canada is spirit world

• Locked thread