Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant
lp summary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

by the way, that's Kit Ophelia Logos o Sfer, thank you.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

Yay, I can finally follow one of these from the start! Getting into the previous LPs after they had been going was a bit daunting.

I feel like someone should make a Palla in Saint's Row 2's character creator. Maybe I will.

this should help.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

earthdivine posted:

A quick question, though, are you guys planning on discussing how your characters needed revisions through the new playtests? I'm interested in how they could have messed up Kit, or was it a change to barbarians in general?

It's all pretty messy anyway. I had talked it over with Medibot and we houseruled kit so every reference to "str" in the Barbarian was replaced with "dex", to fit more of a duelist than a berserker. Originally, this meant that combined with the Halfling (which I reskinned to be a bunny) light weapon training, I could dual-wield light weapons and end up being on par with a strongarm character. Light weapon training was removed, however, and dual wield rules were changed. I dunno if I end up being stronger or weaker than a normal str barbarian... but I got over it when I remembered we are clearly more about the roleplay than the battle.

I have also ended up with training in both "tumbling" and "acrobatics" and I have no idea how those are differentiated, but my training only grants a mighty +1 to rolls, so. whatev! whatev. I'm a princess.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

SageNytell posted:

Any chance of audio podcasts alongside the videos? I love me some actual plays but Youtube isn't an option while I'm working. Or will those come out monthly with the full session?

That brings up a good question, I was waiting for this thread to get rolling to ask. I edit the 13a podcasts and cut out very little. Wolfshirt edits the videos for both, and cuts out a lot of the drag and combat.

Would it be better to release the podcasts as I have been doing, relatively uncut for those who like the crunch, or would it be better to just use the videos' mp3s?

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

I love that I genuinely don't know whether Medibot planned to name the emperor of the Rondalian Empire Ron Dalia or if he's just rolling with it.

literally crying at the scumble scene, you guys are great.

Question about Next: Would it be possible to make Carmen Sandiego in this system? This is important. I've been hoping for a system that says "gently caress it" and lets thieves steal anything, up to and including national monuments and intangible concepts.

you're better off with 13th Age. One of the high-level rogue abilities is, in fact, to steal anything. The only stipulation is you can only steal something once, but I don't see that as presenting a problem to Carmen.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

3.5 isn't next, if you're gonna argue at least be on-topic

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Devious Vacuum posted:

I'm sorry Palla and Rockmeats, you are both my dear friends but Kit is the greatest princess to ever be a bunny:

I swear to heck I responded to this but apparently I did not but rest assured I love it. never running from a real fight, here.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Tin Tim posted:

lmao

I also love how Joey thinks. "Hey, lets loot the cave of that dumb nerd on the way."

Please say you looted the cave of that dumb nerd on the way :ohdear:

We looted the cave of that dumb nerd on the way.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Does Palla wear the same leaf at all times or rotate out different ones as they start to wither?

It's frosting.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

djw175 posted:

What almagamation of classes is Kit? Because I don't think it's working well for her.

one of each.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

My eyes are bleeding and I'm gonna throw up because I hate rules

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

animaCartographer posted:

Just started listening to this campaign a few days ago, and I am loving it so far. So I drew some fan art, enjoy!

BLUE BLOOD BURNS BRIGHT

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

thechosenone posted:

Is Syrg a part of the six feats under crew? I mean, he seems to have been pretty scarce since the beginning of the 13th age thread.

No.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

WolfShirt posted:

Yes! Sorry about the delay it'll be up tomorrow.

I ate the beetles from the latest update so we had to find new ones. Sorry.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

pre:
Scruffy Nuff, the smartest chomp ever
once upon a time a chomp was upgraded to act as a moving fortress. that chomp, however, turned out to be a big handful, 
routinely chomping away at anything valuable-- including a powerful magikoopa's cane, which linked his belly to the 
neverthere, or underwhat, or someplace like that. so, the first chance he got, bowser sent the annoying chomp out 
on a mission-- though as soon as it heard the news, the chomp acted slightly less annoyingly. 

chain chomp: +1 heart, +1 power, -1 smarts
ability: Absurdly Resistant: no fire, some status effects?

race	+7	final
Heart		3+1	+2	6	+1	HP	14+5
Power		3+1	+1	5	+1
Smarts		3-1		2
Stache		3	+1	4		FP	11
						BP	3/4
Defense	        1	+2	3
Speed		1	+1	2

Let The Pros Handle This: +1 when aiding... but will get no credit for contributing. ruff, ruff!
Rampart: spending a turn defending also provides allies +1 defense or speed rolls when they defend until the 
start of my next turn

75 coins, 6 PP:
-I AM BIG. +1 Heart and Power, but easy to see.
-Bill Blaster
-Hammerin' Chain.
	-Choose to halve the final damage of a successful hit to inflict Defense Down 1
-(Consumed) Magikoopa Cane, black hole belly
-HP Plus badge: +5 HP, 3 BP

Specials revolve around spitting up useful stuff like whiskered eggplants, spike pillars, or banzai bills. 
The rarer or the bigger an item is, the harder it is for Scruffy to accurately cough it up from their black hole belly. 

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

SubNat posted:

So, are you going to get the thread title changed again, then?

I'm pretty curious though, since you've hopped editions again, has there been much of a changeup in character builds?

Kit is now full rogue rather than the multiclass mess I put together out of spite for 3.5.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

What exactly was causing the frustration? I barely saw any rolling for several episodes.

The fake battle in Merrywood made it clear that if we went with 3.5, there would either always be half the party overpowered and half the party underpowered, or Gharbad would make everyone's characters and nobody would be sure how to use them. Either way, kind of a nightmare for the DMing style I try to take-- it would mean keeping these two on this half of the battlefield and those two on that half (in the playpen). 4e at least balances it out for beginners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Speaking of DnD podcasts, the iphone version of the original "Legend of Kod's gold" campaign has dissapeared. Long live the podcast. :smith:

You mean iTunes? Yes, but luckily a while back some enterprising fans pooled their resources and made this complete LPDND archive! Pretty cool, huh?

Well. Except for the long-lost Session One, but I promise you're not missing much, as exclusive as it sounds.

• Locked thread