Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

oliwan posted:

What a poo poo sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Thats what he gets for looking like such a Fred

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

I think in the next few years you'll see a want for ticketed entry to summit finishes and maybe the biggest climbs in grand tours. Both from a safety and revenue making stand point.

The logistics of which i'm sure are impossible to do or they would have been done already.

Having been to a TDF summit finish I don’t think it is feasible, it would require US army level logistics

Even just putring barriers on the big climbs would require a huge fleet of trucks and workers

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Which is why I assume they haven't done it before now. I dunno, just something will have to change in the sport to get more money to the teams. Quickstep still haven't found new sponsors and while its unlikely they won't get anyone, it might not be the same amount of money they had before. Same as what happened at Cannondale and BMC.

I know what you mean, the economic model of the sport is pretty dated, for me that is part of the charm though. I think there is a lot they could do to make tv coverage more compelling like using more on bike cameras and power data etc

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

oliwan posted:

lol yeah sure let me listen to and thus support the biggest cheat and the biggest fraud in the history of the sport, who singlehandedly almost destroyed the sport forever... not to mention a truly awful human being :thumbsup:

That’s Froome

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Big article out today saying Dutch athletes are abusing thyroid medicine for weight loss. Hmm

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Andy Dufresne posted:

This is maybe the least surprising revelation in the world considering the expose of Nike Oregon Project's cytomel abuse 3 years ago

Those Dutch speed skaters winning every medal at the olympics was really shady. And of course Dutchman Leinders at Sky being their doping guru and now Dumoulin doing his thing, something rotten going on in Holland

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/lancearmstrong/status/1030862623296827392?s=21

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

paddyboat posted:

Hi it’s time for our periodic “pro cyclists are weird freaks” photo.

Happy Vuelta !

Sometimes I forget how unhealthy this sport is

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

TobinHatesYou posted:

Listed heights/weights:
Bauke Mollema - 181cm / 64kg
Fabio Aru - 183cm / 66kg
Alejandro Valverde - 178cm / 61kg
Vincenzo Nibali - 181cm / 65kg
Nairo Quintana - 167cm / 59kg
David de la Cruz - 182cm / 66kg
Rigoberto Uran - 173cm / 63kg

Healthy weights, even if you subtract 1-2kg from each of the, and especially if you consider their lean muscle. Valverde looks over his listed weight. Aru and Uran look much shorter than their listed heights.

For comparison, here's me (in the white/red) at 178cm / 63kg. I've been down to 59kg.

The pros look like meth users on the verge of death, and they starve themselves and have to take sleeping pills so they can go to bed on an empty stomach. When they train for a peak they dont do it in a healthy way. You only have to go back to the 90s when cyclists looked a lot more normal physique wise.

You look fine in that pic btw so its nothing personal.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Is the Anglo cycling boom over for good now

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

You're probably right that poo poo is no joke

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Thank gently caress