Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

XyloJW posted:

An Australian rules football player just got canned because pictures came out of him pissing in his own mouth.

A shameful Australian rules football player? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Jeremy Clarkson needs other people to play off of, or else he's insufferable. He's funny on Top Gear, he's funny in a couple of game/chat shows I've seen where he's with other comedians, but his written columns and solo acts (that I've seen anyway) are bleah.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

nutranurse posted:

Well mod opinions like this sure does provide insight into why GBS is "lol niggers and faggots and kikes".

GBS is terrible, but they're right.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I have a McGovern '72 t-shirt but it's not a real one, it's just *~ironic~*

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

American freight railroads have been privately owned and operated for their entire history, but passenger rail was nationalized in 1971 by President Nixon because of the competitive pressures on it from interstate highways and air travel.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I'd rather go to fully publicly financed elections than try and split hairs over the definition of corporate personhood with respect to the law - you just know some smartasses will find a way around the latter anyhow.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

The first couple google results for the username are accounts of them getting banned from other forums as well.

I wonder if, when the mods get a serial offender like that, they're ever tempted to write stuff in the "Punishment Reason" field that will make neat little patterns or images. "hey look, your serial shitposting helped me draw a cute little bunny!" or something along those lines.

For a while when noted actual-Nazi Emden was posting his ban/probation reason would always include :godwin:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Oh man I missed that. :lol:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

zoux posted:

How's the weather in Vermont? Me and my two BFFs were talking about which state we'd want to move to if we ever moved and we all independently came up with Vermont.

I can't speak that well for Vermont (only visited once) but in western Maine/New Hampshire at a similar latitude, summers are warm but very unpredictable, while January in Maine was the coldest I've ever been.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

You'll move to Southern California and wonder where all the seasons went.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

What a worthwhile post!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

I'm screwed

I recognize you as the only name from LF circa 2007 that hasn't been banned, investigated by the Secret Service, or both.

edit: unless you didn't post there, in which case boy is my face red!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I used to like California Pizza Kitchen's pizza but every time I order it now it seems to come out ever so slightly worse so I don't bother anymore.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

ReindeerF posted:

I'm just some white dude from Texas living in Thailand. I promise it's infinitely less fascinating than most things.

I don't know, I'd figure all the coups keep things moving.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Secret Islamic slushie machine.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Joementum posted:

And so on.

I like the last guy who considers El Al flying the 777-200 as some kind of dire, sinister revelation. Rather than, you know, several hundred "exact copies" of the MH370 jetliner in service all over the world.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I don't drink at all. I just hate the taste of alcohol.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

You say this like pop-not-country is somehow better or something

everyone assumes that the pop music they listen to is somehow reflective of some greater music tradition or has more meaning than the pop music they don't listen to. This is not true, it is all cliched, formulaic pap.

(this won't stop me from secretly dancing to all of it though)

The music I listen to draws upon the great tradition of cliched, formulaic pap. :colbert:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I am going to kick a puppy for each new post in the right-wing media thread that mentions Penn Jillette.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

What are they doing posting about that jackass? Isn't he more of a glibertarian than a conventional member of the right wing?

They're trying to determine whether liking his show can be considered a Correct Opinion. I've never watched it, so I don't give a rat's rear end.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Bill O'Reilly sex tapes, back from during the Bush Administration.

It's really sad that he seems like one of the better Fox News hosts just because he's sprinted towards Crazytown 0.5mph slower than the rest of them.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

Dude had himself a whole lot of gender, in that case.

Heyooooo :newlol:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Basically every Cold War bomber and fighter type from the Western Bloc got some flight hours in, and IIRC there was only one air-to-air loss on the Coalition side. That guy must have been pretty embarrassed.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I am spontaneously moved to vomit.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

zoux posted:

People used to name black cats and dogs that all the time back in the day.

I didn't realize they made memorials for war dogs, I guess it isn't really a surprise but :unsmith:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Also, Lord of the Rings was written over a very long time and its tone at the beginning is significantly different from how it is at the end.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Wasn't the exchange quoted as:
HALDEMAN: Hot pants.
NIXON: Jesus Christ.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Joementum posted:

Feckin' flatlandahs comin' up 'ere an' drivin' all ten miles an owah lookin' at ahr leaves.

Rural Maine has three types of drivers:
1. Drivers who think they've seen a moose. May come to a stop at the side of/in the middle of the road, tend to slow unpredictably.

2. Local residents. Rarely found, may be a myth.

3. Logging truck drivers, who will kill you and everyone you care about.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Majorian posted:

Very funny.

He's right if be "culture" he means "exploding meth labs" and by "fun activities" he means "suffocating in 105-degree heat."

They do have a pretty impressive airliner graveyard there.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Joshua Tree National Park is great but July definitely isn't the time to go there.

I need to visit more CA landmarks though.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Joementum posted:

The best thing about Getty is that it's totally going to fall off that hill one of these days.

That's the Getty Center, which while architecturally impressive always seemed kind of thin on actual exhibits from when I've visited it, given its size.

The Getty Villa is a reproduction Roman villa with lots of artifacts from that area, it'll probably go up in a wildfire.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

cafel posted:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/04/30/abandoned-nazi-compound-withers-away-in-the-hills-of-pacific-palisades/

Built by some American Nazis on the assumption that after Hitler conquered Europe he'd come visit Hollywood and chat up celebrities.

What a badly written article. It sounds like an interesting place though.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

Buffalo wild wing's stock fell around 13% today. I am eating their wings to mark this somber occasion, and I do not understand how that chain isn't making money hand over fist.

A Buffalo Wild Wings opened in the space previously occupied by a really good wings restaurant near me. I tried it once and while the wings were average to fair, they seemed to have replaced all the windows in the restaurant with flat-screen televisions and the interior volume was way too loud.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Swan Oat posted:

also i just found a forum about goats and i have a strong affinity for those creatures so i am considering deleting my account that i use to post about horrible us politics and instead just post about goats all day

A good plan

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

D_and_D.jpg

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Fellowship of the Ring was great. The other two I don't feel like I'd really enjoy watching again though they have some great scenes.

I guess I'm not much of a movie person in general though. I don't see very many.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

One of my coworkers told me yesterday that he's sure he could endure being waterboarded without breaking. He also knows a guy who was in some branch of the military who won a training exercise by seeing a pilot's name badge through the scope of a "sniper rifle" and another guy who was an FBI informant and had plans to to shoot down a "communication satellite" during the Sochi Olympic coverage.

He's a smart guy, but holy poo poo did someone write "gullible" all over the ceiling.

Are you sure he's not just a pathological liar?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Leroy Diplowski posted:

One of the best sci fi movies ever.

My current favorite d&d related movie has to be "the wind also rises" tbh

I went to see The Wind Rises and tried to keep my ticket as a souvenir but the ink's faded out and you can barely read any of it.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Petey posted:

sooooooooo

gently caress you, America's been in way tougher spots than 9/11 without instituting a loving torture policy. I reserve the loving right to pass judgment on people who decided that the best response to New York's pain and suffering was to inflict even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Uh…

L
A
T
E
R
S