Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

nutranurse posted:

now imagine that, but its your body

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hey it opened the door didn't it :colbert:

Still probably better than most military doctors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
a lot of people don't want Iran to have nukes because then Saudi Arabia would get them and then use them because Wahbbists are fucknuts crazy.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

i hope iran's government falls to a revolution in my lifetime.

I don't because the ME has enough failed states with out Iran cluttering up the mix. If I want anyone gone it's the loving Saudis.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Iranian head of state didn't just try to undermine the President and imply that 88 million people are insane retarded uncontrollable barbarians hell bent on the destruction of all life on earth.

Iran: 1 Israel: 0

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

I'd like to see them both go, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Iran because I'm smart.

Yeah because Iran killed 3,000 Americans and pushed us into a war that killed 1 million Iraqi's.

Oh wait.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's a really stupid comparison. I mean, it's one thing to say that Israeli and American policies towards Iran are stupid, it's another thing to ignore them funding Hezbollah and other terrorist/national liberation groups, in some case straight-up terror (unless blowing up Jewish cultural centers is "resistance").

Neither Israel nor Iran could in any capacity can be called cool headed. But so far only 1 has attempted to gently caress the United States, and it's not Iran.

Volkerball posted:

They're also inching ever closer to calling it the United States instead of the Great Satan. Progress!

Who cares what they call it, the ayatollah isn't actively attempting to disrupt US elections.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

:stare:

i don't know but there's a balance between not just being aggressive for sake of it and not being neville chamberlain

How is negotiating a deal with Iran being Neville Chamberlain? And Saudi Arabia had royalty that directly funded the 9/11 attackers, and then pushed us to go to war with Iraq because "Saddam Hussein will invade ANY DAY NOW".

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember how everyone thought North Korea would nuke Japan and South Korea the minute they got the bomb?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

we're talking about a country that currently has soldiers and militias in syria and iraq slaughtering civilians and propping up dictatorial regimes, and that helped overthrow the government in yemen to set up another one. and that's just within the last few months. ksa like, gave bahrain money and gave guns to the islamic front.

There isn't an irony cat big enough.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:rolleyes:

An Israeli prime minister mucking around in US politics through speeechhesss is not at that level, sorry.

Bibi literally campaigned for Obama's replacement. That's some prime loving right there.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

i don't think we should be friends with any sectarian government thats response to opposition politics is to kill everyone, personally

Agreed, we must stop all support to Israel.

Volkerball posted:

oh are we on the "obama is no different than bush, bad things don't happen anywhere unless the us does them" kick?

No, were on the "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house".

I mean, funding TERRORISM!? Outrageous! *quietly sweeps the entire cold war under the rug*

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

How many Americans did he kill in the process? Are you reading yourself? Jesus loving Christ, get some loving perspective.

Israel has killed more Americans than Iran has.

I'm not saying Israel is as bad as Iran, but Israel has no high ground to stand on if they want to talk about who is a bigger friend to the US. Iran at least knows that they can't gently caress with us because they are 10 steps away from an Invasion with all the chickenhawks in congress.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
People want to reconcile with Iran because the Cold War is over and acting like we have some sort of obligation to hate certain countries is loving stupid.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

do you support doing business with evil regimes, or is it cool to just be like "well, we've done it before, so it's w/e"

Who cares if they are evil, yeah obviously the solution to an evil regime is to isolate it and sanction it into oblivion, because the Korea's have been united for 50 years now.

You can work with a government with out directly endorsing it's actions. You can also use said new found relations to push the country in a better direction.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:raise:

So you're saying Iran is better because it's been terrorized more? The policy you're pushing is for the US to be an equal-opportunity terrorizer, then?

No, I'm saying that Iran doesn't gently caress with the US because Iran isn't actually run by insane lunatics like Bibi would have you believe.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

Obama couldn't even say mean things to Maliki when he was purging opposition politicians. Starting a war with Iran is something he is not capable of doing.

lol

Are you at least capable of admitting we should drop the sanctions and travel bans?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

I don't think "public pressure" would affect change in Iran any more than it did in Syria. Both of those governments are going to have to be straight up overthrown. The difference is that in Iran, you have a westernized public sympathetic to ideals of freedom who's government would be a good one, and in KSA, regardless of what most Saudi's feel about the situation, jihadist militias will be the strongest forces and the beneficiaries.

You just went from 0 to insane in under 10 posts. Yeah obviously the solution to Iran's current issues is violent revolution.

wait a minute...

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

idk. it's a touchy situation. things definitely need to change, but it's volatile, and ever inch we step back is an inch the iranian government can step forward.

You are literally on the level of Narco Rubenman, "Any lenience will only empower them! Continue the sanctions!"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The beatings will continue till moral improves.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

How could you sanction this cute Persian kitty?!

Wana pet that cat!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Iran also has hotter women than Israel, checkmate American foreign policy nerds.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

don't advocate it, but tehran would fall in a few weeks.

any day now

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

no i mean if we invaded them. it's not iraq, but it's also not russia. we couldn't occupy the country, but we could have khameinei living in a rat hole real quick.

I was referencing Bibi's little spat about how war with Iran is going to happen any day now.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Israel decides to declare war on Iran to stop it's development of nuclear weapons. Bibi calls President Obama's office to ask for support only to be put on hold, and then transferred to a line that's nothing but every news report on Bibi campaigning for Mitt Romney on loop.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid posted:

i think alexander would recommend that obama decapitate the iranian state, install himself as emperor, and start a program of intermarriage between americans and persians, actually

I would be very much on board with this. I would vote for any president that would get me a 9/10 Persian wife.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would elect Alexander the Great.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

nobody told the us to stay in iraq. they stayed because they wanted to try their hand at nation building. it didn't work. an 8 year occupation where every single day you say "hmm nope, not today. lets stay" is hardly a shoulder shrug.

If we would have left right after Saudi Arabia would have gone nuclear.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We did pretty okay with the Philippines and rebuilding Japan and Europe. We need to pull another Japan with Iran.

The only downside would be the flood of islamic anime

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

this is you right now

you are being taken for a ruse cruise my friend.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nuke Iran and let the flood of anime turn the middle east into a paradise.

Let turkey own all of the Mediterranean cost including Saudi Arabia, the ottomon empire was cool I want it back.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nintendo Kid posted:

cuba should be a state and they should join at the same time as puerto rico

annex canada

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nintendo Kid posted:

canada doesn't get to join unless mexico joins at the same time. them's the rules

Mexico doesn't get to be a state, it gets to be a prison colony.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mexico is literally mad max world, people are having their heads cut off with chain saws.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Send the entire united states marine corp into mexico to fight the cartels, who ever comes out on top gets their own country carved out of the american midwest.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
take all of israels nukes and put a password on them. Then put the leaders of Israel and Iran into a HELL IN A CELL arena. Who ever wins the cage match by reaching the hanging brief case of launch codes wins the right to nuke the other.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
strip Bibi and the Ayatollah naked and cover them in grease. They must naked wrestle on the floors of congress for the right to be the US's greatest ally in the mid east.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid posted:

wasnt bibi in the army? thats hardly a fair fight, against some beardy old cleric like rouhani

He was in the air force, a small palestianian girl could beat him in the fight.

It's no contest, you can't roll ova the ayatollah

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

TEAYCHES posted:

imo the problem is israel. usa and iran are making peace, thats a good thing. get over it. iran is huge and important and it makes sense to not be a dick forever to eachother

More importantly there are cool rugs to buy and Iranian chicks to have awesome desert sex with

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

for a reward, iran and israel each get 50 billion dollars in missiles they can shoot at whoever they want.

50 billion dollars will get you 1 20th of a nuclear warhead and a poorly drawn missile platform by bill clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

• Locked thread