Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world, a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just Whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us. No redeeming social value. Just whores. Get out of our way, or we'll kill you. Who does vote for these dishonest shitheads? Who among us can be happy and proud of having all this innocent blood on our hands? Who are these swine? These flag-sucking half-wits who get fleeced and fooled by stupid little rich kids like George Bush? They are the same ones who wanted to have Muhammad Ali locked up for refusing to kill gooks. They speak for all that is cruel and stupid and vicious in the American character. They are the racists and hate mongers among us; they are the Ku Klux Klan. I piss down the throats of these Nazis. And I am too old to worry about whether they like it or not. gently caress them.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

XyloJW posted:

It kind of annoyed me that what felt like half of Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail was excuses for why he hadn't written it yet or for how his publisher was getting mad at him for missing deadlines.

that was the best part. threatening to shoot the fax machine or whatever it was, creating insane tangents to get the right amount of words

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also, bring back lf

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

"Patriarchy is a concept associated with radical feminism, and is pretty ‘out there’." lol

the dude is a World of Gor fan and tried to do a kickstarter for a game for it. From his kickstarter:

Another form of exotic is a slave girl raised in total isolation from men in perfect and absolute innocence. These are purchased for victory feasts and the first they know of men is serving, wholly, at that event. Many of these slaves, traumatized by their experience, commit suicide.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Eripsa posted:

Am I the only one that imagines evilweasel as ziggy from the wire?

yes

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Christ, just reading about her initial treatment had me a bit upset, but this is loving stupid.

She wrote a big blog post complaining about being quarantined despite returning from West Africa where she treated ebola patients with a (very mild but still) fever. She should be quarantined, just not in a tent with no heat...

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

this is the greatest thing ive ever seen

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

People really think unemployment is 31% in the us :eyepop:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pretty sure most communists will go that far.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Exclamation Marx posted:

some poo poo is happening in burkina faso huh

I was hoping for a worse end for Compaore than gilded exile.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Pretty sure SNP only runs for Scottish Parliament, freeing its voters to send in Labourites to Westminster if they so please.

Nope, SNP runs for UK Parliament. There are 6 SNP MPs.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

euphronius posted:

Waiting for Civ BE to be under 30 bucks.

Just get SMAC for five bucks and wait for the expansions or a good mod to be made. It's pretty bleh at the moment.

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 2, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Randler posted:

Friday evening discussion topic: Is it hypocritical to like a song with political lyrics while disagreeing with the political lyrics themselves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5K5l89mpV8

Merle Haggard wrote this song while smoking a joint hitching in the back of a truck driving through Muskogee and wondering what it was like to live there. It ended up becoming an insane hit, basically becoming the anthem of the silent majority in the 60s and making him tons of money, so he ended up writing a bunch of right wing political songs to keep the gravy train going. People never got that the original song was him being facetious and he pretty much had to pretend it wasn't for the next decade.

Also, loving Kris Kristofferson's first recorded song was about how anti-Vietnam War protesters were traitors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui_8Qe8sS8M

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 15, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

castro is better in pretty much every measure than pinochet and trujillo (especially trujillo)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

its pretty amazing how badly north korea has managed to beat hollywood

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/17/7411845/north-korea-thriller-starring-steve-carell-has-been-canceled

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pinochet intentionally executed and tortured thousands of civilian opposition which Fidel never really did. The political executions almost solely targeted Batista regime and military figures, or counterrevolutionaries actively fighting the government.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Shbobdb posted:

What is the component of Juche ideology that celebrates heroic effort over technological innovation? It was big during Il-Sung's reign, with a lot of obviously fabricated tales. It was a broader Communist term, since the Soviets had similar propaganda, but I'm specifically interested with the term as it relates to Juche. I want to be able to properly celebrate the Great Successor's victory over the Imperialist dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66r3zZoO4dQ

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

isnt warren way ahead of the cranky bastard in polls

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

so does Japan actually have a lot less rape or is it just less reported? I suspect countries like Australia and Sweden are better at having it reported and are not actually rape capitals of the world

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHwhKwJypE4

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It wasn't a reasonable request, but that was a highly unprofessional response from an educator.

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zeitgueist posted:

Remember when the US pressured Haiti to keep wages down when children there were eating literal dirt cookies

The snowpiercer guys got 3 protein gels a day and a roof over their heads

the dirt pie thing is a myth. mud pies from some special soil are a folk medicine for pregnant women in haiti and are not eaten by starving people otherwise

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Monkey Man posted:

Were Taibbi and Friedman on the same stage together?

yes. also kissinger.

Matt Taibbi @mtaibbi · 9h 9 hours ago
I was also talking to Grover Norquist for at least five minutes before realizing who he was.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

comes along bort posted:

he's not fat any more

holy poo poo

not comfortable with this

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao fox is running the headline "Obama Apologizes to Castro"

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/12/20/obama-apologizes-castro

in the article it doesn't explain, but if you go to the article it's referencing:

quote:

Obama began the phone call with Castro with what he described as 15 minutes of opening comments. It was the first conversation between the heads of state in both countries since 1961.

"I apologized for taking such a long time," Obama said.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

KoldPT posted:

I am telling my friends I fully support the approach President Obama has just adopted concerning Cuba.

It is time, indeed, to look at the relations with that country with the eyes of today and not with the perspective that has shaped our past.

It is easier to change the situation if we engage. Presence is influence. Presence is a launching pad to support change. And the people of Cuba are eager to see change in their country. Raul Castro understands it but he is constrained by his own personal history, his political relationships and the power base that keeps him at the head of the Party. But even he keeps stating the old things he is at the same time creating the conditions for a more democratic and more prosperous Cuba. We should be able to understand that.

are you a congressman or senator?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ReidRansom posted:

It's been a while since I was there, but I recall Austin tap water being absolute poo poo. Really sulfury.

It's really loving bad.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The rest of the state has fine tap water, It's just that central Texas's groundwater is ridiculously minerally or something.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

s-stuffed...jalapeņos???

yes they are good

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

fried jalapenos stuffed with cheese is as texan as warmongering presidents

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

what the hell

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

if you google "kemp" Jack Kemp doesnt even come up on the first ten pages

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

D&D Chat Thread: A Failed Experiment

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

if you go to sleep at six and wake up at noon youre probably still like, a little drunk right?

the hour or two period where youre still drunk and wake up confused and trying to drink as much water as possible before the full effects of the hangover come crashing down is always fun

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

My Imaginary GF posted:

what does it mean to redpill something?

reveal the fundamental truth of the universe that women are bitches and Hitler Did Nothing Wrong

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The only system that adequately represents the political will of the people is a Leninist vanguard party.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

R. Mute posted:

i'm watching the man in the high castle pilot and i know it's just a pilot and all but drat guys this babby's first cgi is distracting. like, you can shoot the foreground in a studio at least

Wait there's a Man in the High Castle show???

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Also Sherman was a war criminal you yankee scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Joementum posted:

There are 19 paramilitary Muslim training facilities in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPIGEpgg3h8&t=90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AylFqdxRMwE

• Locked thread