Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was 5 days a reasonable time
No I would notice immediatly
No I would notice in a day or 2 that I had not seen the deceased
Yes that is a good response time and probably the average
I would pretend nothing was amiss and hopefully they would just rot into a soup
I live alone and doubt anyone would notice MY death
Goku is my housemate
View Results

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

viscous wolves posted:

a day or two at most, since the room to their door is right next to the kitchen and the smell of rotting flesh is pretty distinctive

the person who posted about their dead roommate is not a regular, she's maybe posted fifteen times in that thread

I'm kind of aghast but what else is there to say, really

oh yeah hey youre right! it's not even worth mentioning. pretty much non-news really *yawn* well time to talk about what i'm wearing to the anime convention! :sparkles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

oh yeah hey youre right! it's not even worth mentioning. pretty much non-news really *yawn* well time to talk about what i'm wearing to the anime convention! :sparkles:

that's a very flippant approach to this situation, I feel that you aren't taking this very seriously

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

viscous wolves posted:

that's a very flippant approach to this situation, I feel that you aren't taking this very seriously

you're 100% right because i think this is the goddam funniest thing to happen on these forums in a while and i just kinda want to bask in it for a bit

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
If someone was looking for a good reason not to live in your own filth, "being able to notice if someone has died in my home in less than 5 days" is a pretty good reason.

e: I'm not trying to tell goons how to goon but if your home regularly smells so bad that corpse smell only registers as a worrying annoyance you might have taken a wrong turn at some point in your life.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
A squirrel died in my attic once & the smell was so overpowering that I couldn't be in the house for more than a few minutes at a time while searching for the origin of the smell before I would have to run outside & dry heave so I am just imagining that a dead human probably smells worse than a dead squirrel but maybe I need to check my corpse privilege.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

I am OK posted:

Every poster in that thread is mentally ill and should be banned , as should the people in the xbox megathread and all other megathreads. This we website habours absolute deviants who should be shunned and/or ridiculed.

I am OK posted:

Every poster in that thread is mentally ill and should be banned , as should the people in the xbox megathread and all other megathreads. This we website habours absolute deviants who should be shunned and/or ridiculed.

I am OK posted:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Trixie Hardcore posted:

A squirrel died in my attic once & the smell was so overpowering that I couldn't be in the house for more than a few minutes at a time while searching for the origin of the smell before I would have to run outside & dry heave so I am just imagining that a dead human probably smells worse than a dead squirrel but maybe I need to check my corpse privilege.

maybe he died of mummification, or she collected dead animals

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

viscous wolves posted:

the person who posted about their dead roommate is not a regular, she's maybe posted fifteen times in that thread
makes it even weirder :ghost:

e: then again there are so many threads on our fine forums that you could post about not wanting to check up on your possibly dead roommate in, it was probably a tough call trying to choose one

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm trying to figure out she didn't hear him dying. Like if I was dying, I would probably make some noises about it.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Mainly I would be saying, I'm dying help me.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

flesh dance posted:

makes it even weirder :ghost:

yeah it seems like something you'd make an e/n thread about, if you were the sort that needed consultation from SA to check on your missing roommate

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
billys room is starting to smell and even though hes literally right next door to me i better call his phone. GULP well here goes nothing *has several small panic attacks as phone rings* drat... his phones off...

*swims through literal piles of garbage scrooge mcduck style to reach roommates door*

b....b-billy? *lightly taps on door and winces/braces for response*

b-b-billy? youve been awful quiet lately... uhhhh..... a-a-are you ok?

*opens door to roommates room creating a waterfall of garbage and human waste, revealing a dessicated human corpse of a 5,000 pound man literally fused to his bed and the surrounding wall, barely distinguishable to the buckets of poop and piles of pizza boxes*

billy????

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Bobby Brown posted:

billys room is starting to smell and even though hes literally right next door to me i better call his phone. GULP well here goes nothing *has several small panic attacks as phone rings* drat... his phones off...

*swims through literal piles of garbage scrooge mcduck style to reach roommates door*

*opens door to roommates room creating a waterfall of garbage and human waste, revealing a dessicated human corpse of a 5,000 pound man literally fused to his bed and the surrounding wall, barely distinguishable to the buckets of poop and piles of pizza boxes*

billy????

better swim back through that garbage to your computer and post about it on the SomethingAwful.com forums

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Bobby Brown posted:

billy????

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
That was a really good vote.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
if he had an ac vent blowing on him it could have helped desiccate his tissues enough to slow down the decomposition process.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

flesh dance posted:

wtf at apparently knowing the guy for 20 years but not wanting to phone him or knock on his door for some entirely unexplained reason. getting a super bad case of the weirds here

"yah if he's dead no biggie, gonna :justpost:"
I don't think I've ever had a roommate that I haven't seen/talked to in a 24 hour time period that didn't include either me or them being out of the apartment. Had I not known in advance they would be out of the apartment I probably would have realized it when some daily food/entertainment related activity came up and I went around asking to see if anyone wanted to join me.

And she knew him for 20 years what the hell.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

it seems pretty obvious that she murdered this person, and posting about it was just establishing an alibi for the inevitable investigation.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
A guy I used to work with was in a house share in the cheapest house he could find in the cheapest part of the cheapest city near me. Needless to say he had about 5 lovely housemates including a Judo instructor who threatened to beat him up if he used more than his part of the shelf of the fridge and an old Scottish drunk who had an open wound in his chest after being treated for some kind of cancer. Anyway one day the landlord comes round and says the Scot is late on his rent and the guy I used to work with suddenly noticed he hadn't seen him in a week.

Firstly how bad does a house have to smell to not notice that and secondly how do you not check on someone being treated for cancer with an open wound if you haven't seen them in a few days?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

appropriatemetaphor posted:

it seems pretty obvious that she murdered this person, and posting about it was just establishing an alibi for the inevitable investigation.

lol at assuming a poster in the gbs ladies thread is a woman.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

jalopybrown posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585136&userid=109351#post431520391

This poster in the ladies thread took 5 days to notice, is this quick, slow or just right.

(full disclosure I am not a lady and only checked the thread because someone in QCS said the gay mod posted there)

I hope this is real, but I fear it is not

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Minimalist Program posted:

I hope this is real, but I fear it is not

I absolutely believe someone who has roommates at 40 and posts in GBS was so nervous to bother their roommate that they waited 5 days then worked up the courage to ask the internet.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Surprise surprise:

Wierre posted:

My house is clean, I also shower weekly.

One of these statements is a lie, I wager.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
lol wtf what happened to my dog? i don't remember owning no loving skeletons

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Surprise surprise:

One of these statements is a lie, I wager.

I cant imagine just deciding not to shower for a week or more at a time.

Like, unless her bathrooms don't have clean running water where she lives, I cant guess how she can brag about that as a good example of hygiene.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

viscous wolves posted:

leave him alone

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I think my roommate may be dead by R L Stine

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
lol a weekly shower. I'm sure loving farm sows get hosed down in the gutter more often than that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Lol

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I shower weekly

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

jackyl posted:

so many questions

How the gently caress do you rent for 20 years, how do you rent with the same person for 20 years, how does the person not have anyone who,would care if they disappeared for almost a week without having told their friends they were going on a work or personal trip or whatever, how bad does the place stink that a dead body isn't noticeable how do you post concerns on the internet without.... oh gently caress it

you seem not to have read her posts

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Wierre posted:

This reminds me, always clean your house before you decide to open the door of your flatmate's room. The police will take pictures of EVERYTHING.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that
Strongly depends on what type of house you live in and if you include the whole house or just your apartment.

I live in an apartment building with 14 floors, 5 apartments on each floor plus 2 in the basement. About half of the residents don't speak the language or would not want to interact with authorities even if their life depended on it for other reasons.
I'm pretty positive that multiple floors could easily die out without anyone saying a word.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
In my case, I live with my wife. If she were to die, I would probably notice really fast. The longest delay might be several hours, if she happened to die right as I fell asleep. We generally work the same days (With small differences), leave for work at the same time and come home roughly at the same time. We text each often throughout the day. When we are not at work, we are together. I just heard her shift on the bed in the next room (She tends to go to bed a couple of hours earlier than I do when we are not working, and, as a result, she gets up a couple of hours earlier than me in the morning.)

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
i shower weakly

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
lmao no way

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Guys if i ever go more than an hour without making a post pls assume i have died and alert the coroner. Pls do not leave me to rot in a puddle of my own excrement or try to sex my body. Thnks in advance.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
what if he had been alive for a day or two but the op was too awkward to talk to the roomie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

what if he had been alive for a day or two but the op was too awkward to talk to the roomie

what if he just stayed silent because he knew his roommate would be too wrapped up in WOW to respond anyway?

• Locked thread