Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was 5 days a reasonable time
No I would notice immediatly
No I would notice in a day or 2 that I had not seen the deceased
Yes that is a good response time and probably the average
I would pretend nothing was amiss and hopefully they would just rot into a soup
I live alone and doubt anyone would notice MY death
Goku is my housemate
View Results

• Locked thread
Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i think my headmate is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if my mom stopped refilling my Dew and throwing away my poop socks, I would loving notice

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

genesplicer posted:

In my case, I live with my wife. If she were to die, I would probably notice really fast. The longest delay might be several hours, if she happened to die right as I fell asleep. We generally work the same days (With small differences), leave for work at the same time and come home roughly at the same time. We text each often throughout the day. When we are not at work, we are together. I just heard her shift on the bed in the next room (She tends to go to bed a couple of hours earlier than I do when we are not working, and, as a result, she gets up a couple of hours earlier than me in the morning.)

thanks for sharing we don't actually care because we're mocking a woman who left her dead roommate to rot for almost a week because she doesn't shower

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
:siren: This is your morning body check reminder. Please search your disgusting, trash-filled rooms for corpses.

I wish I didn't have to issue this reminder but apparently it's necessary.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

thanks for sharing we don't actually care because we're mocking a woman who left her dead roommate to rot for almost a week because she doesn't shower

hey I care

edit: took out the reference to all-pro sexman being a dick face because I like all-pro sexman and i haven't had my morning coffee

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
yeah, show some respect for your elders, bitch

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Wierre posted:

This reminds me, always clean your house before you decide to open the door of your flatmate's room. The police will take pictures of EVERYTHING.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You notice dead babies pretty quick and I wouldn't be posting about it I would be out of my mind with grief

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
define "in your house"

my flatmate and i would p much notice immediately if the other one croaked but we live in an apartment, and someone could die in the roof apartment of our block and wed not notice at all

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ymgve posted:

define "in your house"

my flatmate and i would p much notice immediately if the other one croaked but we live in an apartment, and someone could die in the roof apartment of our block and wed not notice at all

We're talking about a room in your house/apartment. Not your roof or under the the earth's lithosphere 24 miles below your home.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

mookface posted:

You notice dead babies pretty quick and I wouldn't be posting about it I would be out of my mind with grief

You wouldn't even post in E/N?

Thread title: "Should I use dead baby sympathy to get a date?"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
"How can I spin my roomates death into getting girls numbers? [ModNote: Don't kill your roommates for sex]"

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The only thing people would see from that title is "I can kill my roommate for sex?".

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i think my headmate is dead

was that the wolf/lizard hybrid? If so RIP Penislord :(

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

plain blue jacket posted:

was that the wolf/lizard hybrid? If so RIP Penislord :(

gone to the rainbow techicolored dildo factory in the sky

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Dear r/legaladvice, is it illegal to use my roommates corpse to double date with?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Weekend at the Lady Crew Thread

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
My roommate hasnt logged in on in 5 days and isn't answering pm's

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Weekend at the Lady Crew Thread

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
show some respect guys he has a name

rip ivar ballbag or something like that

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

"How can I spin my roomates death into getting girls numbers? [ModNote: Don't kill your roommates for sex]"

lol

"Funeral director complimented my choice in coffins - Will she bang?"

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

to be fair i prob didn't see some my housemates for weeks during uni but i'd prob check if they smelt really really bad

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Dear r/legaladvide, my raid leader kicked me out because I let my roomate (who's the tank) die of a heart attack during the raid last week. Can I sue someone if I don't know their real name?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Can I report my raidleader to the monopolies and gambling commission for rolling need before greed

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Tiler Kiwi posted:

gone to the rainbow techicolored dildo factory in the sky

I am truly sorry for your loss :(

Spanish Manlove posted:

Dear r/legaladvide, my raid leader kicked me out because I let my roomate (who's the tank) die of a heart attack during the raid last week. Can I sue someone if I don't know their real name?

Sue WoW for being the cause of your obesity and diabetes. The fact you think so small is why I'm not letting you in on my class action suit against facebook for making me a conceited poo poo

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

this is what i get for never reading back in that thread, i miss all the good poo poo

truth tho that is way gross. i have never smelled a dead body but i assume it is the yuckiest of the ucky. worse than what i imagine when i'm reading the PYF awkward/ugly/gross thread

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
hey lady from the other thread, if you readin this thread and wondering if you a bad person

the answer is yes

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster
What a loser, they could of totally used the body so they could drive in that sweet HOV lane.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

jalopybrown posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585136&userid=109351#post431520391

This poster in the ladies thread took 5 days to notice, is this quick, slow or just right.

(full disclosure I am not a lady and only checked the thread because someone in QCS said the gay mod posted there)

LMFAO

hollly poo poo. HOLLLLY poo poo.

I wondered if my roommate was dead once. My only thought was, "I hope he is."

But that's because he went missing for a few days. Wasn't here I knocked on his door after day 1 cause he left a bunch of food out on the kitchen stove overnight and it pissed me off. (gently caress dorms and random roommates forever.) The guy was out drinking and partying on a binge for like 4 days. He never cleaned up after himself. So hence why I hoped he was dead. Oh also he used my poo poo all the time and wouldn't clean it up.

Still only took me a day if not less to knock on his drat door.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The growing stench of her roommate's bloated, rotting corpse must have unfortunately coincided with her weekly wash schedule.

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp
I would definitely ignore her and hope she gets eaten by the dogs

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Come to think of it my Neighbor died around November. I hadn't seen him in a few days in his regular routine and I knew he wasn't well, so I asked around with the other tenants. No one was sure either so I knocked no response, asked the super etc if he had any contacts. Turns out he was in Hospice. Died of lung cancer :smith:

Was a nice guy too, but he smoked a loving poo poo ton, smoked up till he died pretty much too.

Rest in peace Bruce Campbell.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

if I had roommates at age 40 I'd want to die too

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Just checked their steam profile. They have like steam level 43 holy poo poo. And the golden potato so yeah, That's how you do weekly washings and not notice a stench.

E:

Also how can you go a week without smelling like irish spring soap? I can't stand not smelling like the springs of Ireland (alcohol).

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

seriously if i'm 40 and sharing a house with anyone other than a girlfriend or wife i'm going to OD on phenzepam and rot until someone asks me for rent

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there are just so many questions to be asked here. was it regular for neither of these people to elave their rooms for days at at time? like i contact pretty much all my friends at some point over the course of five days if i lived with them i can't imagine going five hours unless i was out or asleep or on hella drugs

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Al Borland posted:

Just checked their steam profile. They have like steam level 43 holy poo poo. And the golden potato so yeah, That's how you do weekly washings and not notice a stench.

E:

Also how can you go a week without smelling like irish spring soap? I can't stand not smelling like the springs of Ireland (alcohol).

Even if you just sat on your rear end all day I don't know how you could go a week without bathing if bathing was an option. I could see if you were working in a research station in Antarctica it might not always be practical to bathe regularly. I do physical labor in a tropical climate & enjoy being clean though so perhaps I'm just viewing hygiene through my own lens.

It does bring up the question, I'm level 2 on Steam & I wonder if there's a point to levels & if so if there's a way to get my level up without descending into filth & madness?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Al Borland posted:

close but no cigar

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Puppy Galaxy posted:

seriously if i'm 40 and sharing a house with anyone other than a girlfriend or wife i'm going to OD on phenzepam and rot until someone asks me for rent

It's not like you were going to pay anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Moola posted:

hey lady from the other thread, if you readin this thread and wondering if you a bad person

the answer is yes

It'll probably be another 4 days before she discovers this

• Locked thread