Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

ManMythLegend posted:

Shhhhhiiiiii....

Don't listen to him. As someone also dunk posting from his sister's high school graduation party.

So many 17 year olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mad Dragon posted:

I never received my second good conduct, but it's on my dd214.

edit: this rear end is too fine for one thread.

This is pretty much better than any Navy talk could possibly be.

Also, fair warning to anyone thinking of going to Great Lakes for shore duty (lol like people loving pick coming to this shithole): CSCSU got a new CO and he's pretty garbage, instructors aren't allowed to bring any personal electronic devices in any 'training' area (so the entire school house) and if at any time we need to leave the classroom the entire class must log out of their computers and go out in the hallway.

Why you ask?

Because a student was found sleeping in a class without an instructor.

Please someone help I can't kneejerk any further.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Seqenenra posted:

none of this Great Lakes student stuff makes any sense.

You have no idea.

The amount of consideration given to the ridiculously whiny student critiques compared with the input from the fcpoa or chiefs mess is absolutely loving absurd. The only thing I can think of is this guy is really loving scared of a middling fitrep. He's very scared of being a civilian you see, but I would be too if I was in the navy for thirty two years and never got a degree.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Obama Africanus posted:

At 32 years in you get enough in retirement to live high as gently caress on the hog for some pure strain mil trash lifestyle.

Especially since the only thing he's married to is the navy.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I'm totally okay with that crazy post because it made the navy thread exciting for like four seconds.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Sir Lucius posted:

The command is upset at the lack of participation in the JSA and FCPOA. You'd think the 60% chief advancement rate would be a good indicator that people don't give a poo poo about clique organizations and just have their sights set on getting the gently caress out.

Unacceptable. More bake sales are needed.

We now need to lock our classrooms when they are empty. I'll reiterate that students can only be in the classrooms when we are, and some of us leave pretty often due to collaterals and poo poo. Also we have to put the students in break every hour, and their break is our break so we'll leave then too. This wouldn't be an enormous deal if there were more than three loving keys.

I'd text the guys with the keys but we aren't allowed to have cell phones in this unclass building.

The lack of trust the upper chain shows to us here is absurd, and I can't wait for all of the training stoppage to be reported to big brother Dahlgren, and the IG comes next week so that'll be good. Maybe we can get this CO fired? Probably not though.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah they're just going to take away your break.

Peru sure next week we're all getting chained to our podiums.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

orange juche posted:

Where the gently caress are you teaching? Pensacola? Sounds like some dumb poo poo that would exist in Pensacola.

FC A in great lakes.

I left my water bottle in a locked classroom.

It took me 24 minutes to get it back.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

vulturesrow posted:

Just so you know, I am very familiar with the place and it's not that great in my opinion, especially since the guy is coming from San Diego.

I can't imagine Norfolk holding a candle to San Diego. I myself only went over there to buy a car 8 years ago but the 6 years I spent in San Diego cemented that place as pretty much one of the greatest cities you could spend time in.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Boon posted:

I thought shooter was a pretty common term? :confused:

I've literally never heard that or heard a SWO refer to them as anything but small boys.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
More micromanagement at the shitstain that is fc/et/bm/qm/gm/ic a school. Students must be in class for fifty minutes, then have a ten minute break, no exceptions.

This introduces a few problems which I mean if I can see I'd hope the chain of 'command' could see, most notably that the entire loving schoolhouse will be in break at the same time. Good luck getting coffee in ten minutes with a line of 400 people.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Pandasmores posted:

Why not just have it to where you have to give the class a 10 minute break at any point when they need it, limiting it to an hour in between breaks so you're not crowding up the head and everything else?

Why not just let the instructors put the class on break when they feel it's warranted?

Because there is no place for common sense in the military.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Christoff posted:

Yeah I don't think I've seen anyone that smoked e-cigs not go back to regular cigarettes

I completely quit both cigarettes and chewing tobacco because of an e-cig. :colbert:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Just have one of your slaves..err students set up a coffee mess in the classroom that they set up and break down every day. You have dozens of useless bodies; give them a function.

That doesn't solve the problem of me being in the classroom constantly. Also you need a mystical coffee mess chit or some stupid loving bullshit. I mean I don't give a poo poo about the coffee, I drink water all day, I was just using it as an example.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
You're going to hear the same thing from everyone here. Don't settle for anything other than CTN. A hilarious number of FC students I have were roped into FC/ET because the recruiter told them you can still do networking. What they didn't tell them is that there are a dozen different specialties in the FC field and there is exactly one that deals with networking, and it rarely shows up. So if you want CTN, don't go in unless you get CTN.

Also you have a bachelor's, go the officer route.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Zotix posted:

If I get CTN, and I do well my first 5-6 years. Keep a great record, etc. How easy is it to switch to officer at that point. I think it's the Seaman to Admiral program? Officer is interesting, but when I say time is limited. I don't mean on the Navy's side. I mean for myself. My living situation may only hold out for another 6-8 months at best, and by that point I'm hoping to be in basic training.

I'm just going to say that I was literally living in a car and still held out for FC instead of leaving immediately as something lovely. It's the next 4+ years of your life and your job is an enormous part of it. Don't settle.

Also don't enlist, commission instead.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Boon posted:

It should be a bannable offense if he doesn't talk to an Officer recruiter and then enlists and comes back in here and complains about literally anything. CT_ or not.

I can totally get behind this.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

orange juche posted:

It doesn't matter, CTN is wide open and starved for warm bodies

And yet the navy won't let me cross rate over to it. Instead they'd rather just straight up lose me. I suppose it's better that way.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Lol what is the reason? We have goddamn chiefs crossrating.

I'm an Aegis FC, that's the reason.
Not that they would let a conventional FC cross rate either though, my CIWS tech buddy was also denied and is also getting out because of it.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 27, 2014

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Christoff posted:

I'm no old salt but I've never seen someone fail who honestly legitimately shouldn't have.

22% body fat lol

gently caress 'em

I've seen 250+ lb bodybuilder dudes pass just fine

Anecdotal evidence trumps everything.

I've seen dudes a few pounds over fail tape because they just have weird loving hips or something.

My anecdotal evidence trumps yours??????

Edit: Also seen loving obese shitlords pass somehow. Our command started doing monthly weigh ins because we got an enormous fatass new check in who should legitimately fail and yet somehow made it through the taping at the instructor school. :iiam:

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 1, 2014

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

There are people that should probably fail for real; I guess I just don't see it as a huge deal unlike a swole HM or some poo poo.

You should see one of the civilians cruise books we have at work from the 70's, the crossing the line baby was loving enormous. We can't ahve that anymore because of navy fitness or whatever. Think of the (shellback) babies.

Actually I guess it is a big deal when you have enormous fat fucks teaching A school and people are thinking it's totes okay to not fit through a hatch or something.

I don't know this is hard for me to process in my feels because it doesn't affect me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

The solution is having a Chief as CFL as the Goat Locker knows best :chiefsay: next question before August hits?

Our Chief CFL was pretty funny. Our CFLs would fail a guy and call him and he'd be all "I don't know send him in and I'll tape him..." and mysteriously our command had 0 body fat failures.

• Locked thread