Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Let's discuss the difficulties about writing for a character like Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

rscott posted:

I ate two burritos from chipotle for dinner tonight but then I'm liable to go 24 hours without eating anything which I understand is terribly unhealthy but I'm not fat (the opposite really) so it's hard to give a poo poo

It's impossible to OD from weed. It's completely possible to smoke so much weed that you die from excess Chipotle consumption, though.

*looks up when chipotle closes*

the spyder posted:

It's 97 in Portland OR right now. It was 57 and raining last week. At least my FD has AC, too bad our old house does not.

Does your garage have AC? Can you run ice water through your garage floor? Problem solved?

Sidenote: I talked to Fritz Flynn this weekend. He said he wouldn't mind if you were closer. :P

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yeah, sorry. You should have walked as soon as the clock hit 9pm on the dot. It's not your responsibility that the assistant manager is a loving moron.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
But tell me how you really feel about the difficulties associated with writing for Clark Kent.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

leica posted:

HAPPY 4TH JERKS

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-ft-x-5-ft-american-flag-96723.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiOTE0MjM1NTciLCJza3UiOiI5NjcyMyIsImlzIjoiNi45OSJ9

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Cooked with charcoal for the first time today! It owned!

Also, today's high was 85F. In July. In the South. (not complaining) This weekend has been unadulterated awesome.

blk posted:

So I'm watching Man of Steel against my better judgment (always thought Superman was hokey) and there is some seriously unsubtle conservative Christian messaging going on. The evil aliens societal problems derive from birth control and they praise evolution? Come on...

Since Rhyno doesn't want to talk about the difficulties of writing for a "perfect" character such as Superman, do you mind picking up the slack?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh man, this week is turning out awesome.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bought an NB2 and tried to drive it home. Radiator was busted. :saddowns:

Pulled off as soon as I saw the temp gauge move, I'm hoping that the block/head isn't toast. Poured water into the radiator and the endtank didn't want to cooperate.

Oh well, $700. (the differential is worth $1000 :ssh: )

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mafoose posted:

What year?
Is it a torsen?

I'm thinking of joining the cool kids and making an Exocet with my NA, when I buy another car to replace it's duty as a DD.

2001 with a 3.909 torsen.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Florida hasn't had emissions (or safety, for that matter) inspections in decades now.

It's also filled with criminals and the Worst People Alive. Sorry, Fucknag.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Fucknag posted:

I, too, am sorry to live here. Every day.

That said, I hear Indiana is trying to give FL a run for their money.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
NC owns. The government sucks (currently), but the state is really beautiful. We have VIR right on the border and we don't even have to live in Virginia!

(Virginia blows so loving hard)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
CPR is kinda lovely. If you do it right you break all sorts of fun stuff that you can't put a cast on.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Motronic posted:

Why would you think you need to do that? If you've never driven to the limit on a track your first time out is not going to require anything more than your street car in street car trim.

There is nothing wrong with bleeding your brakes, but unless you are super special with innate talent you won't be exceeding the bounds of a street car your first time out. I mean, unless you push it enough to crash, which won't be the fault of your brakes.

Autocross is a good idea, but even better is HPDE (hight performance driver education). This is the answer to "how can I make my car go faster for the least amount of money" regardless of what you drive.

Sorry, you're wrong on this. It's not difficult to make stock brake pads disappear. A Mazdaspeed3 is a lot of car and is fast as hell, when I'm going into a braking zone going 120+ mph, I really don't want to be second guessing whether or not my brakes are on fire. It's a safety item. :eng101:

If you've never done autocross, you can get away with a mild pad like a Hawk HP+ for your first couple of track weekends. A full brake job with new rotors, new aggressive pads, and an ATE TYP200 flush is a Good IdeaTM.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Motronic posted:

Yes, I'm sure the factory forgot and put base econobox brakes on his MazdaSpeed.

Stop being ridiculous. Really.

If the car passes tech inspection and he knows how to drive it's good to go.

If he doesn't know how to drive he needs an HPDE.

Obviously a properly performed brake service is never going to hurt, but if the car isn't a pit of deferred maintenance it's far from necessary.

But at least it sounds like you had fun being outraged over nothing.

Tech inspections don't check what compound is being run. I've seen either one or two people per track weekend park their cars on Saturday because they ran out of brake pad. Also, the MS3 is pretty nose heavy, spending ~$100 on some dedicated race pads is a drop in the bucket and never hurt anyone.

I wouldn't want to be the guy who cut his weekend short because I have no brake pads.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Jort-high socks?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
STR, please take your ghost catte chat somewhere else. The only feelings allowed in AI are bruised knuckles, the smell of gear oil, and chlorinated brake cleaner. :colbert:

(rip str catte)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Working with fiber optic cables is pretty straight forward. Make sure you terminate the ends properly and don't kink the cable.

Though, I can see why it'd be a difficult thing to do for a nonzero number of electricians out there. :saddowns:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhyno posted:

Who throws themself a going away party when they're only moving 2 hours away?

A huge oval office, that's who.

You didn't mention that you were getting out of Indiana, rhyno. You also didn't send me an invite.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Geirskogul posted:

Excuse me while I spend the next 30 minutes polishing.

Something about how I have a cable that transmits data at a high rate of speed that needs its end polished. :dong:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
He got nailed for DWB.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
All other car forums are dogshit and are filled to the brim with mouth breathers who will stare at a blue sky and insist that it's loving orange.

That is all.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Look out, there's a Visual Studio badass on the loose.

e: i cant stop touching the poop, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Phone fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 25, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

leica posted:

Can anyone tell me about rockauto's European parts? I can get (essentially) the same Moog ball joints and tie rod ends from the UK for half the price including shipping which only takes a few more days. Are the UK Moog parts shittier quality or something? It's for a Miata, I'm assuming Miatas in the UK aren't any different, I don't see why they would be.

Don't you need new upper control arms for the ball joint? Also the Miata tie rod ends are fairly cheap even if you go through Rosenthal.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I CAN'T STOP TOUCHING IT

I really want to know what it's like to wake up every morning with a child-like awe at the world and stubbornness to reject reality wholesale because you're a big fat meanie.

e: i wonder how many of your own farts you have to smell to get brain damage

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm GAMO on mnet. The dude drives a Boss 302 apparently. I have like no idea what these guys are smoking.

I make my coworkers lose their minds by saying that the V6 Mustang is a brilliant car that kicks all sorts of rear end, including the STi; however, their counter arguments of "lol 'merican trash" are empirically more correct.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

IOwnCalculus posted:

You're in the process of finding out from the look of things.

Trapped in fart factory, please don't send help.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Seeing the word "strawman" is definitely a trigger of mine. I've said it before but it all stems from that video of the horrifically pretentious goth kid rattling off about "various strawman fallacies" or something like that. Someone should find that video - it's gold.

He was pulling some OMG 155HP IS TOO MUCH THE POWER NAZIS ARE HERE poo poo.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Cross-postin':

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

NitroSpazzz posted:

Looks like a Miata engine, what's the success in that? What are you working on now?

Bought a 2001 for $700 that had understeered off a gravel road. Went half in with asmasm ( http://tinyurl.com/pzcxkp6 ). He wants the VVT motor, I wanted the transmission, and sell the rest for sweet, sweet profit. It's been sitting in my driveway for the past 2 weeks, so today was the start date for pulling this hunk of poo poo apart.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The scrap yard will give you $200 for it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I had a bad idea in the shower last night... K24 swap into a 190E.

I'm not sure if I like that idea more than turbocharging a Civic RT4WD.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I posted something about financing a car and the benefits of taking 0% vs a $1000 rebate on a 5 year bank note (assuming 2.99%).

Some goldbug asked "what about inflation? $1000 now isn't $1000 in 5 years"...

INFLATION WORKS IN THE BORROWER'S FAVOR WHEN DEALING WITH A FIXED RATE FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT. AN AUTO LOAN IS A FIXED RATE FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT. WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKMMMMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Phone, remember that there's a tutorial on mnet for replacing the thermostat that starts with "drain all the coolant and remove the radiator."

It was miataturbo.

Ron Paul 2008

I support the gold standard

Legalize gay weed

• Locked thread