Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I CJ'd hundos of macs (and windows) in the bay area for tons of richkid elemtnaries and i've learned that most IT admins who can't do the mac enterprise are just babbies who cannot do a linux/(BSD :rolleyes: ), just roll out Casper and learn to use deploystudio, make imacs use network profiles and make laptops do roaming syncs for things that aren't video files and you can take 4-5 desperate IT guys in a district down to like 1 or 2 IT guys who have to change out an HD now and then or redeploy an image here and there, maybe clear the PRAM

the deployment effort to get a nice deployment script configured and tested in windowsland was enormous compared to how quickly we could roll out with osx server and deploystudio and a poo poo ton of laptops and a multicast friendly backbone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

graph posted:

are you on a magic triangle or purely open directory?

reminder that 10.7.3 broke ad binding completely, lol

i've done both

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Shaggar posted:

that never actually happens without the admin loving something up. every time someone says "BWAHHHHH windows update hosed me!" its someone trying to hide their incompetence.

remember that time SCCM updated and hosed itself so bad that if you git hit by the update you had to go and touch and rebind all the machines on the network?

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

shaggar was wrong

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

ahmeni posted:

gently caress you

idgi what does blueshirt imply :angel: please enlighten me

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

raruler posted:

science and medical personnel

wow! :coffeepal: thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

fat32 was some basic stupid poo poo, migrating off ntfs with all the weird rear end features not breaking anything would be a real trick

i had to write a fuckin huge nasty disgusting python script that moved 1.2TB of networked user paths & folders to HFS from NTFS and fix filenames and poo poo

lol

• Locked thread