Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
remember beam, the streaming service they included with creators update? well it's not beam anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJwnLdAfl3o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

fleshweasel posted:

I find this pretty interesting, but I have to wonder how the Windows codebase is 300 GB. What the gently caress is it comprised of?
20 years of backwards compatibility

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
windows 10 still thinks my desktop is a laptop whenever i plug in my ups

i unplugged the usb cable because windows defender now likes to complain about how i'm wasting precious battery life

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Blue Train posted:

The macrochip owns

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Advanced Macro Devices Inc

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

anthonypants posted:

they renamed the bing lounge here in portland to the Skype Live Studio a few years ago
can't wait for the next rebrand!

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i watched this before the trailer and it opens with its echoes

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Boiled Water posted:

I'm very impressed with how they managed an even lower score than macbooks. That takes bravery, courage and hard will.
this seems to explain why when you send in a surface product under warranty for repair they just ship you a new or refurb one that may or may not be in the same condition as yours. because they don't even have the tools or ability to fix it.

amazing

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Endless Mike posted:

verge's scale runs from 7-10, so anything under a 8.5 is p bad
wasn't there a review on some device that literally caught fire or some other dangerous poo poo and they gave it a 7?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

anthonypants posted:

as someone who reinstalled windows 10 a few weeks ago i can assure you that windows update does not autoinstall bing bar
bing bar is the search box on the taskbar hth

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

cinci zoo sniper posted:

they are only partially non-overlapping
as more settings are migrated over to the new control panel i realize how much i hate it

i'd 100% seriously prefer to use kde

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
turning on the computer is a great time to leave & take a poo poo

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i think it speaks volumes that they decided to get rid of QA before sales

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

anthonypants posted:

phantom dust remake nobody wanted
:mad:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
just 25 billion dollars to trash a nation's tech economy

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i had a working home group between 3 windows 7 machines & it promptly all poo poo itself when i moved one over to win 8.1

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
the "pro" in a microsoft product stands for prosumer now

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
file history is nice but it doesn't back up the entire system automatically, just your library folders

also non-existant in home, so unless you have pro don't even bother looking for it

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
it only saves your files. if you planned on it saving any of your installed programs like mac's time machine backups do, well you can gently caress yourself & get downloading (unless of course you use win store apps, then it'll automatically redownload all of those)

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Wheany posted:

my scanner didn't "just work" after the update to windows 10. i thought the scanner was busted but it was a driver issue. i had to download a driver ityool 2017, for a scanner that worked in windows 7
i love that windows fax & scan still has all the aero gradients

i love that half the time i open it, it says "scanner not connected" even though it is

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i turned off all system sounds so i have no idea what sounds windows likes to make these days

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
my favorite thing about the photos app in windows is the albums it automatically creates & sends desktop notifications for

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
someone called software i like bad in the jokes about computers forum

please help me

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
windows programs in a nutshell though. never use express installation

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
the xps is a fantastic linux machine though. sorry about your poor choice in operating system

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Shaggar posted:

wmp is good
too bad it hasn't received any sort of major update in a while & could be killed off at any moment in time

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
seems fitting that it's the microsoft thread that would break horribly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Shaggar posted:

Quick! Post while you can before it breaks again!

• Locked thread