Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

man those keyboards get so bad so quickly

i had to help manage many dozens of devices that were being shipped aroudn the coutnry for a variety of training programs

loving yuck

(the button placement meant that they would constantly turn themselves on in transit and drain the battery. this would happen when the device was ostensibly off, not sleeping.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Fiedler posted:

I better sell that stock, then. Luckily it's still at an all-time high.

ohdl

i scrounged up some money back when i didn't have much and bought some of it at $19 during The Crisis :smaug:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

yeah, can confirm no ads here. don't know if it's because i've been using windows 10 from release and have it configured just right or because it's windows 10 professional or because people are trapped in a collective dream-cum-nightmare

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

maybe it's a generational thing but the thought of letting software automatically import and manage my photos (or any other files, really) makes my skin crawl

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

:stare:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quickmeme dot com

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

horsehoe theory of giving a gently caress

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Fiedler posted:

Zune was good. It was killed prematurely and stupidly.

zune hd was great but was released way too loving late in the game to have mattered

during the promo period and initial demos it was guaranteed that the most plentiful question was whether it was a phone because, well, why the gently caress wasn't it a phone

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

the registry owns

ʜᴏᴡ ɢᴏᴇs ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ-ᴘᴜʀᴘᴏsᴇ sʏsᴛᴇᴍ ᴅᴀᴛᴀʙᴀsᴇ? ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇᴍ!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

b-b-b-b-ut the kin

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

anthonypants posted:

i guess but the kin was more the next iteration of the hiptop/sidekick than related to the zune at all, it's p clear the zune directly influenced winpho

the kin was the malformed prototype for metro and used the zune design language as a starting point

it's not a straight-line though, things were... confused then.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it wouldn't be entirely stupid for them to have focused on making phones specifically for enterprise customers. license some existing reference device, do just enough work to integrate with existing services as a "value-add", then instruct VARs to push that poo poo through their channels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

superceded by the best phone, the iphone SE

peace be upon it

• Locked thread