Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I love Sandra Lee so much. Now for another Youtube binge.

Oh yeah, in the Hannukah cake she used marshmallows which is made from pig gelatin.

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Jul 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The fact that they're not all lined up perfectly bugs me. 1/10, would not own gate.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

trickybiscuits posted:

It's sort of depressing, I like sewing and crafts but a lot of this stuff is just about how little effort you can put into making it and it shows.

Oh just admit it, you hate whimsy.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Re: Paper napkins, cloth napkins, forks, idiotic plastic tools. I have a better solution to them all. Don't eat Oreos at all. No dirty fingers, no diabetes, no obesity! #lifehacks #genius

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

twistedmentat posted:

Wait, whats the point of this? Disposable razors come with handles.

If you're not shaving so hard the handle breaks, you're life hacking wrong.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Angela Christine posted:

That . . . that actually doesn't seem dumb at all. Oh god, the life hacks have finally gotten to me.

Sucks that you don't have x-ray vision like the rest of us. Loser.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Karma Monkey posted:

Pfff, this was already done. They're in the frozen section.

I got coupons for free boxes of these as part of a marketing survey. They're actually not bad, but the expense for a frozen undersized PB&J... just insane.

That's just embarrassing. What a useless society we've become.

And what the hell kind of name is Uncrustables anyway?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Meatwave posted:

Is there a binder clip fetish that I don't know of?

Working 40 hours a week in a cubicle is dangerous for your mental health.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

ShrimpToast posted:

Did this start because I posted the thing with the wine cubes? I'm sorry guys. :ohdear:

It's like that scene from Toys where the crazy military dude gets all spergy about his food touching on his plate.

My burger hack would be: don't put on onions, they taste like bad BO smells.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Wanamingo posted:

I do this, except it's so I can use my phone in the shower.

I'm literally terrible.

Maybe you should be, like, focusing on scrubbing your gooniness off or something instead.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Nicholas posted:

http://lifehacker.com/save-money-on-wine-at-a-restaurant-by-ordering-from-the-1625046291

Lifehack: Want to save money on wine at a restaurant? Ask the waiter for the cheapest bottle of wine!

It'll pair perfectly with a steak and french fries. True class.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

DoomLazer posted:

If you buy a book you can use the receipt as a bookmark

Done this on the way home on the bus from the bookstore. Totes works.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

In all of my experiences, shaking pop makes it go flat. I know people who don't like the feeling of carbonation and shake their drinks beforehand to lessen the fizz.

I do love how these are "survival tips" however.

"Woe be unto me, for my soda has become flat, and now I await only the sweet embrace of death."

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

On second thought, a bunch of those seem to be "How to do things that you'd normally get a man to do for you because you're a sissy incompetent girl"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Robot Jelly posted:

Or just point the fan itself at your bed instead of this goofy flapping sheet bullshit

This one is fine, just like using colored twist ties, but I like the choice of labels:

Never kill grandma again!

That's dumb, just use tape, it won't fall off if you bump it. You can even colour them with markers if you so choose. #customizablelifehack

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Karma Monkey posted:

See, this one is truly bullshit. Maybe the sticker is safe, but you still have to wash that fruit or vegetable, so you might as well rub the sticker off. What is wrong with people that they would think it was better to eat the sticker than remove it? Ugh.

The glue may be safe, but what about the plastic the sticker is made from? Let's all just loving eat plastic.

Need to eat your fruit-roll-up in a jiffy? Don't unroll it and just eat the plastic too, the extra chewing will work out your jaw muscles.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

When I make pancakes, they're soft and fluffy enough that even the side of the fork is enough to cut them. Just press and scoop. You could eat them with a spoon if you wanted.

Oh poo poo, new life hack!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Abandon your placental mammalian roots and grow a pouch to store your cash in. #marsupialhacks

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Leper Residue posted:

that's not a life hack at all

Stop fighting by loving off and dying? That work?As long as the sentence has the word "by" it's a hack, I'm sure of it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Inco posted:

who the gently caress still has pennies?

lifehack: save money and resources by not minting lovely coinage that is literally worthless

Americans, because they can't let the past go. I went there in May and it was annoying as hell using cash.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

CJacobs posted:

My pet peeve is when people refer to my country as if it is a hive mind and subsequently imply that somehow it is my own physical choice to keep the penny in circulation as a form of currency.

edit: Oops I thought this was the pyf pet peeves thread.

Everyone refers to every country like that. You are not special in your suffering.

Lifehack: stop victimizing yourself.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Goosed it. posted:

Life hack: live in Canada and store all your beer in snow drifts instead of buying a second fridge.

:canada:

Nothing wrong with this, we store so much food outside in winter. Just gotta mind the chinooks that'll melt everything.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Lifehack: clutter up your entire house with hundreds of lovely plastic junk tools that get used maybe a couple times of year because you're quirky/geeky/whimsical/ironic! All your friends will think you're the coolest Joe Schmoe on the block!

Walla, enjoy your mustard gun! :downsbravo:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Who needs real food when you can just eat icing slathered pumped onto white glue sponges?

Protip: I had a half loaf of wonderbread in my cupboard for 5 months and it never went moldy. I'm sure that's perfectly healthy to eat.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Not according to my Sherlock fanfictions~~~

Oh god

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

pandaK posted:

No you're supposed to stick a whole leek up your butt

No, it's a half of a raw white onion that goes up the butt. Sucks out the toxins.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Lauren posted:

They forgot to add the washi tape and make an ugly chevron pattern and refer to the whole mess as upcycled.

This is an upcycled bird feeder :barf:

That's so mean, what the hell did the bird do to deserve that?!? :mad:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

kinmik posted:

Pet hacks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1DBwPPzW9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6-voOTU0oM
I love the one to keep cats off your furniture. Put adhesive strips on your sofa to keep your pets and friends away!

Those thumbnails are pure insanity. :stare:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'll just do it the old-fashioned way: with my cell phone.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

That's more than I need in a whole day.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

karl fungus posted:

Or stop taking drugs for a few days when you have an upcoming drug test? :confused:

Wow, you're no fun at all.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Robot Jelly posted:

hack the 'bola, print this on leaflets and airdrop them over Africa #BOOMsolved

tagged: #life hacks #life hack #ebola #lol #funny #humor #true #fact #facts

Ramping up from kitchen sink quick-fixes to life-or-death hacks while speaking just as blithely, I see :raise: Boy, won't Nina Pham feel silly once she sees this one! This isn't a parody site, either. I know it's just a grab for pageviews but I still find it bizarre to see a heavy topic like Ebola pop up on these goofy life hack sites.

I prefer not swapping spit and drinking the blood of the infected, personally.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Karma Monkey posted:

Yes, exactly. It's good advice. Not really a life hack. Unless we're just gonna call every succinct helpful suggestion a life hack. If we are doing that, Benjamin Franklin is the muthafuckin master of Life Hacks.

ETA:

Look at you American scrubs who still have pennies.

"Abolish pennies to reduce mint costs and make commerce easier!" #firstworldhack

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Uh correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't you just stack the boxes in the exact same shape in your cupboard or on your counter or whatever? You really have to wonder what problem the "lifehack" creator was solving in their life when they came up with that one.

Pffffft, you don't store your food on the floor. :rolleyes:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Shwqa posted:

Do you want to get ants? Because life hack this is how we get ants.

I'll just scatter oats or some poo poo for them to take back to the nest and blow up the queen.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Fool and the World posted:

Why is byob or nite crew raiding pyf right now? God I hope you poo poo heads all get banned, not for your posting but just because you like anime

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Calm your pants, it's Halloween, the forums always get hosed up. It's tradition.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Wandle Cax posted:

You might have a computer hooked up to your TV for watching Youtube, and a couch far away enough for a remote to be useful.

drat, and here I am using a wireless keyboard like some kind of scrub.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Someone I know who is vegan made a cauliflower alfredo sauce which was surprisingly good, especially since it was topped with balsamic vinegar sauteed portobello mushroom slices. But I just like portobello like nothing else. I ordered a veggie burger which had a roasted cap for the pattie, and it was loving amazing, but my friend had a shitfit about me going a meal without meat, like I was going to die or something.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Noyemi K posted:

This food derail is getting old, let's see what's some LIFEHAX:

Using programs properly by utilizing features written in their code is a truest lifehack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

drat Bananas posted:

Wouldn't this just fling the sandwich across the kitchen when it's done?

And then you can eat it off the floor like an animal, you piece of poo poo.