Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

El Estrago Bonito posted:

In Japan at least they also like to open chip bags in the middle of the spine on the back and lay them flat in the middle of the table while people sit around and grab chips out of it with chopsticks.

I've lived in Japan for 6 years and not once have I seen people eating chips with chopsticks like retarded weeaboos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

And it's gone, I guess we win? :unsmith:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

melon cat posted:

Just today a few people on my Facebook are posting a "little-known lifehack" of punching in your ATM PIN backwards, which "dispatches police to the banking machine if you're being robbed." I have visions of robbery victims giving snarky remarks to a robber while they punch in their PIN backwards with a :smug: look on their face then getting shot.

What if my pin is palindromic? :ohdear:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I was talking about a few of these with a cooworker so he went on youtube and looked up some stuff and found this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6DZQxXRZps

The best thing about the videos is the old Soviet propaganda posters behind him. I particularly like the hack that makes your shoes look like poo poo and dump a liter of water on the floor! Also don't wear pants when you put your potatos in the dishwasher!\

Who the gently caress folds a fitted sheet?

He also cheats on his hacks, sometimes subtly, sometimes very obviously.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Catts posted:

For some reason this just makes me so god drat angry.

It should because the SEEEEEECREEEET drink is literally just green tea.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

kazil posted:

Saw this on imgur today: http://imgur.com/gallery/SPM1sJI

Helpful lifehacks such as "pour poo poo from around your house all over your house to fix your house" and "put poo poo in bags to organize poo poo".

For bonus laughs, the top comment is a rape joke.

Some of these are just awful even beyond the par for bad hacks.

"Clean stuck-on gunk
Put a fresh [dryer] sheet in a pan with baked-on food and fill with water. Let sit for a few hours and the food will just wipe away."

It sounds like some idiot just lucked onto the secret of letting stuff soak and attributed the success to dryer sheets somehow.

"Freshen up the shower
Rub shower doors with a wet [dryer] sheet to remove mineral deposits and soap scum."

Well get ready to have your life hacked senor life hacker because you can also do this with a sponge, and a sponge can be washed and reused! Put your bathroom sponge in a ziploc bag and mark it bathroom so you know that it's for the bathroom, then you can keep it in the bathroom so it'll always be available in the bathroom.

*Use only brand name products in your hacks such as Ziploc, Oreos and Nutella. Failure to use mentioned brand name products could result in injury or death.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

kinmik posted:

Use your old credit cards as guitar picks! By the way, buy The PickmasterTM!

I'm pretty sure the makers of the pickmaster have never played the guitar. I once cut an emergency pick out of an old card and it was actually worse than nothing.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Jeherrin posted:

Lifehack: Eat the entire loving thing except for the stem and relax secure in the knowledge your gut and immune system will protect you from the trace amounts of who-gives-a-flying-gently caress on a fruit we've been consuming, as a species, for god loving dammit millennia.

And how we lived that long without NutellaTM, I'll never know!

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

mojo1701a posted:

A better lifehack would be to hit on the barista at Starbucks just enough that she'll just let you have one of those bags for free. And if your time is too valuable to waste, just pick the ugliest one and save time! #LifeHax

Or badly hit on the most attractive one and demand a bag when they ask you to leave, they'll probably give it to you just to get you out faster! Life: Haxxed

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

How cheap do you have to be to want a paper wallet? Oh man, Ill save 20$ with this piece of garbage that will turn to poo poo the first time I get caught out in the rain.

More important question, if you only have :10bux: why do you even need a wallet? :colbert:

To be honest I just kept everything loose in my pockets until I was 25, which I guess is kind of a life hack?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

lancemantis posted:

Is bleach like too expensive or something? Why do you need a homemade version?

I love how all these remedies are always (apple cider) vinegar + xyz

Bleach is chemicals, chemicals are unhealthful.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The toothpaste for car headlights thing does work, I've done it myself with the cheapest whitest toothpaste the supermarket had. Unfortunately it probably won't work anywhere near as well as that image shows and it doesn't do a lot for yellowing either. I also tried a 1-stage commercial product for the same purpose though and it didn't work that much better either so for cost effectiveness the toothpaste wins.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Prefecture or city? :smugbert:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I thought it was for peeling bananas, you put the stem end in the hole and use it like a bottle opener.

But that's the WRONG way! :byodood:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The look in his eyes every time he looks at the camera is just the best.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I'm surprised people are picking on the masking tape so much when the same graphic also suggested making patterns on kitchen appliances with electrical tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

They're individually wrapped so it's one less thing to think about on busy mornings. :downs: *holds up pack of obviously not individually wrapped biscuits*

This is some 3 cheese blend level stuff except without the look of utter contempt from a professional chef.