Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Eh, isn't this just a prank/being a dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Also obvious question I guess but wheres the loving handrail?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Can someone make a site that edits all the lifehack pictures and replaces all the dialogue with HURRDURR whule keeping the rest of the picture? Seems like it'd be a perfect fit.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Schnedwob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrVsLT6SuU0

Skip to around 2:30. Also mute it, this guy's annoying as hell.

The only problem I see here is with the fork. The spoon looks perfectly safe.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Life hack: Use a loving ice cream scoop because it's a big, heavy metal loving scoop made specifically for that task you pieces of poo poo.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
If your keyboard doesn't predate the cold war it just ain't worth using.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I think the anarchist cookbook taught me that you could boil banana peels to make drugs or some poo poo. Now there are some real #lifehacks for you in there (despite 99% of them being totally outdated now.)

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I don't know if this counts as a life hack but I was at a local gas station chain. I was getting a frozen soda and the woman working there went over to the drink machine, got some ice and wrapped it in a towel and poured some Sprite on it. Then she proceeded to scrub the hotdog rollers with it. I just kinda looked at her for a moment and said something to the effect of "Huh. Does that actually work?" She gave me a rather nonplussed response as though it's something you should see every day or as though everyone does it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
It was definitely Sprite and not just carbonated water. I could understand that at least. The whole ice wrapped in a towel thing is what initially threw me off since I figured it was gonna be for a bruise or something but then she just started scrubbing with it after dousing it.

Again I could easily be in the wrong here but this screams of life hack to me.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Karma Monkey posted:

It would be a pretty funny story if she was using water and thought some random dude was asking if water really works to clean things.

Son of a bitch. Despite being absolutely 100 percent positively sure it was Sprite (since water dispenses from a tap on the other side of the machine) this makes me want to go there right now and check to make sure.

But even so the other steps to the process seem odd to me and I've seen how grimey and horrifying those hotdog rollers get. I don't know how anything sort of acid can get those things decent again.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Stairs posted:

I can confirm that this works. I've been a cashier for years and a towel full of ice works in several ways.
First it protects your hand from getting burned, and it makes a good scrubbing surface that conforms to the shape of the rollers, lastly it provides its own water as the rollers would dry out a regular rag.
Not sure why Sprite would help, but I'm sure it has something to do with the acid.

That's more or less what I figured it was but as other posters pointed out I'd really figure using actual cleaner would be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

In elementary school pencil sharpeners were banned because people kept taking the blades out and making shanks, so we had to lifehack and sharpen pencils against the concrete during recess.

If you want to make a real loving shank you take a Pringles can, bend the bottom in half and boom. Two razor sharp pieces of metal with nice rounded handles. I used to do that at lunch all the time just because I could and honestly I should have gotten suspended or expelled for that :v: One of my friends didn't believe how sharp they actually were and sliced his finger wide the gently caress open on it one time too.