Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Internet Wizard posted:

People saying "just go to the international section!" are still not realizing that Cadbury can't be commercially imported anymore. Those shelves aren't getting restocked with foreign and strange Cadbury products.

Wait, why not?

E:oh. Nvm.

DicktheCat has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Mar 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

If someone comes over to my house, or out somewhere with the sole intent of being social with me and proceeds to ignore me the whole time for their phone, yeah, I'll be pretty sore. Checking your texts is one thing, ignoring the person in front of you is another.

It's also different if you're just sitting around, ie: a regular day, not doing anything special or having a serious conversation.

Basically, don't be a rude gently caress. I'm considered a millrnial and still find this behaviour rude.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

This threadc makes n me wabt to write s sci-fi story about the lovely hobs of tomorrow

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

HenryEx posted:

Getting drunk just makes me wake up early instead of sleeping in.
So now i get drunk every weekday night just so i wake up on time for work the next day.

hosed up if true.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Is this fucker using power bricks as a panini press

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Dip Viscous posted:

I'm really glad my mother got me involved with the cooking from a very young age and had me actually cooking dinner by the time I was 10. I'm still not a great cook, but it was enough to make me 90th percentile among people I personally know.

One of my friends was visiting and attempted to help out with food prep by cutting a potato while they were holding it in their hand instead of setting it down on the cutting board. Fingat, etc.

This, but with cleaning and ironing.

I had to teach my wife how to wash clothing in college, and still can't get over that she- a 19 year old college student- didn't know how to sort a basic pile of clothing while I had been doing things like ironing delicate dresses since elementary school.

I wish I had been taught to cook proper, but I knew enough growing up to cut things well enough, and do a few basics. Following a recipe has never been an issue for me, at least. Some people seem to have problems with that, and I'm not sure why?