Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Totally, everyone know the fetish fad is diapers. Hell, call it a new life hack - no more long lines at the club bathrooms, just piss wet yourself while grinding against someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

kazil posted:

Ahem, you will notice that the lifehack just says clean, doesn't specified used or not.

Best part is that someone who would listen to that picture might be stupid/drunk enough to think of the wrong definition of clean

"I just had my std check last month, so I know for sure I'm clean. Good thing alcohol is an antiseptic, I won't even need to rinse this off!" :barf:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Freeze a layer of soap on top of your icepick (HA) and you have the perfect incentive to freshen up with an ice shower before your show!
#l1f3h4x

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

And never eat those evil poppyseed bagels, you damned hippie! :catdrugs:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

DoomLazer posted:

Is this a life hack? It's definitely stupid: http://imgur.com/gallery/knKdnQS

Life too boring? Suspend glass bottles in a way that they'll all fall into eachother when you close the fridge door with all but the mildest force - give everything else in your fridge a shower of glass shards and beer flavoring! #LIFEHAX

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

But... But if I just get a shelf I can't post a Juggalo meme to get all those internet points!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Waffle iron it? No way! The traditional way to eat sushi is to drape your ginger on top of your California roll, pick it up with your chop sticks, dunk the whole thing into your low sodium soy sauce until you see a grain or two of rice float off, dip that quickly into the squirt of spicy mayo you asked for on your plate, take a bite of only half the roll piece, then chase it with your ice cold sake!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

The heat of your microwave cooks your food as much as the wheels on a plane push it forward while it's taking off

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

That's right, you don't need to bother with a credit score! You just need an apartment... which will require at least 4 months' rent down (first, last, 2x scurity) to be able to move in, if the place doesn't just outright reject you in the first place for your poor credit. And when you get your power turned on through the power company, they'll also run a check on you and result in a one or two month security deposit. Hope you enjoy paying overinflated cash full prices for phones and relatively pricy prepaid plans, since all "normal" postpaid plans (which include subsidized phones) are off limits with bad credit. Also good thing you're not driving, since car insurance rates are based off of your credit report. With a crappy credit report you probably can't even get a bank account, but at least you can go to a gas station and get a prepaid debit card which charges you monthly and annual fees, depositing fees, and probably even per-transaction fees if you're really unlucky and didn't read the terms. But at least it's a moot point since your job probably just pays you under the table in cash, anyway, since basically any respectable job (and even most menial jobs now) also check your credit. Since huge unemployment makes it an employers' market, they can just pick someone else and not even hire you in the first place.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

And waste getting your enemies' skin all over your useful waffle iron? No!

The real life hack is to make a macuahuitl out of a stale loaf of french bread and your collection of bread bag tabs. Bonus life hack, collect their blood and use it to sate your gods!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

A sugar cube basically works as a self-destroying sandpaper so you can get crap off without normally damaging what's beneath. From a lifehack perspective, it's the same general idea as using them to remove screen printed logos from random things like phones if you don't like how they look (this was way before metal logos under glass and whatnot)

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Lifehack: Force a dog person to interact with used kitty litter and they will become a cat person whether they want to or not! :toxogond:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

In the States they're called flea markets because you can reasonably expect the majority of the participants to be parasite-ridden

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Cook it with a clothes iron for extra crispiness! http://munchies.vice.com/articles/how-to-cook-like-an-iron-chef

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Lifehack: Make a bong out of a dildo so you can smoke your pot and smoke a dong at the same time

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Pneub posted:

...you use your dildo pot for cooking, don't you?

I thought boiling water was the accepted method to cook crabs, nothing unusual there

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Sappo569 posted:

"Check out all our hacks on Pinterest"

Urge to kill rising...

Want to know why they used awkward working?

Hack for Life: Federally trademark the word "Lifehack®" so you can sue the crap out of anyone using a once common term!

Bonus: That ad campaign was also registered, along with another that claims itself to be for a TV show / video series

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Just to be pedantic, it actually does work for 6 if the sum is both divisible by 3 and 2 (individually works, you don't have to divide by one then the other). I'd imagine that actually holds up for any number that can be factored into 2 primes, and probably even a wider range than that... I smell a mathematical proof, but I never bothered with those

e: And since it wasn't brought up yet, you can also recursively add up the sum digits if you're dealing with a gigantic number. Sure, it's easy enough to glance at "12" if you're trying to figure out "93" or "255", but you could also take that 12 and make it 3. Likewise you could deal with the kind of numbers that are so long they don't even have official names and just keep adding up the sums. That trick might only work with 3, but again I haven't tried it out. Maybe if you stop recursively adding before you collapse the number smaller than the combined factors you're trying to figure out, but I don't know

vvv:
Ha, I love it, I proved myself wrong with a second unrelated thought. I remember there being some way to do it, but obviously I had the wrong idea there :downsgun:

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 15:07 on Feb 12, 2015

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

bamhand posted:

Thawing meat with warm water is not going to infest it with deadly bacteria you bunch of babies.

It just might in the UK! :v:

I've always gone with the running cold water route; what I learned a while ago is stagnant is bad, too warm straight from defrost is bad

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

3Ms spells MMM and that just means yummy

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Hershey actually said gently caress it and made their chocolate with rotten milk. Since there were basically no other (cheap) choices at the time, people got used to it and eventually the other companies started to actively add butyric acid (aka the vomit enzyme) to their subpar-but-not-crappy chocolates to more closely match the taste of Hershey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hershey_bar#Hershey.27s_milk_chocolate

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 12:41 on Mar 9, 2015

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Tiggum posted:

So buy real chocolate then.

No. Sweets go in your mouth, bitters just go in drinks

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

WTF? The only way I can think of that even making the slightest sense will turn the thread into a conversation of which way you should wipe your butter

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Everyone knows that cleaning (and non-bbq cooking) is girl stuff, but if I can say that I'll NUKE the cutting board...Yeah, that's the stuff, my gender identity is safe once more

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

A butter dish? What are you, some kind of consumer whore? I've got a perfectly good 3 year old shoebox I can use

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Where I come from, we call that Italian Lemonade :viggo:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Centripetal Horse posted:

Do you have the book? I have the book, and even I didn't know about the videos.

Funny to actually learn something from this thread, I thought botulism was basically from unsafe canning or improper storage, I would have never thought of an oil infusion leading to the right conditions for growth but I guess it makes perfect sense since the garlic's in an oxygenless environment

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Just think, now that exact exchange can be part of a Cheech and Chong movie set in Washington

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Lifehack: Just wear rubber lips and you'll be immune to the cayenne kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hXX5dD8O9A&t=95s

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

To be fair the same can be said about most lifehacks. They usually just offer ways for people to do things without purchasing rare specialty tools like tupperware, plates, or forks

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Who doesn't like dinner and a show?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

knife_through_avacado_and_hand.tiff

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Ugh, Crisco... The only proper thing to do with it is set it on fire; true lard is the way to go :grannychef:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Trick for overhead drilling to keep the cuttings from falling all over you.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

TheChaosPath posted:

Lifehack: Your sealed packages of soap and meat being next any other god damned thing means precisely gently caress-all

Soap package I couldn't care less about, but raw meat is a different story - that stuff ain't vacuum packed here, it's more like just a cling film that drips blood protein water all over the place

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Magic Hate Ball posted:

What would soap do to vegetables?

You could go blind from soap poisoning

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

But I can't afford a gun due to this wage gap, and I'm worried about applying for the union job since they run a credit check

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Chard posted:

What the hell is the crab trying to do, get out of the bucket?!? Get back here with the rest of us!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimatum_game#Layman.27s_explanation

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 20:10 on Apr 24, 2015

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

If it weren't for the stack of similar boxes in the background I'd like to think it was a politician interview.

"To prove you're in touch with the common voters, please open this simple milk carton. We've supplied a few common tools in case you may use them at your own home."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

om nom nom posted:

But I get it I'm a chef and the poo poo some people call home made and from scratch kills me some times.

Do tell! Plenty of lifehack stuff started with recipes, so it's close enough to go on the thread. Talking stuff like premade pie crusts and canned pie filling or somehow even more :effort:?