Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Why didn't they just burn that dry grass all around the doritoes? :confused:

Yeah seriously. Also, here's my own little tip for y'all if you get stranded in a forest: you burn red dried out red pine needles for kindling, but use pine needles that are still green if you want to make smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Lotish posted:

Actually, I remember an episode of Survivorman where he used a small amount of corn chips to start a fire. The oil they're cooked in helps make them just plain better than simple grass for starting a fire. Add the grass, too, sure, because you gotta build up to the twigs and limbs, but the corn chips do make a legit fuel in a pinch.

Though anyone using these life-hacks isn't really in a pinch so much.

Les Stroud is a national treasure and his show/book(s?) have legit saved at least a couple people.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

cname posted:

Oh I get it! "Life hacks" that's cute! So like washing out your condoms for re-use instead of just throwing them away after one load.

You joke but today I read an account from a woman who had an ectopic pregnancy and needed emergency surgery in Madagascar, and her friend took a picture of the nasty room where they were just washing the latex gloves for reuse. The whole story was just horrifying. But uh, life hack there I guess!

54 40 or fuck has a new favorite as of 03:07 on Jul 12, 2014

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Don't laugh at those nicknames, or as the Brits call them "nibby namey not the samey"s.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Re: Doritos chicken. If you're frying fish, crushed up salt and vinegar chips are actually a really delicious sub for breading. So good.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Lauren posted:

Or the people who are too poor or stupid or neglectful to buy actual lice treatment for their kids' hair, bedding, etc. are spreading it to others.

Yep, that's how me and my brother got lice as kids. My best friends little sister and brother perpetually had love because their parents never did an adequate job picking out all the eggs and poo poo. We did wind up using olive oil to help suffocate the lice as this was like...twelve years ago? It actually worked wonders, though my mom said if we ever got it again she would shave our heads.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Good lord, the worst we get up to is kissing our cousins 'round here. Where the hell did you grow up? :stare:

Bah, my stupid phone auto corrects words like "live" to love and I see lice is now part of that too.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Throatwarbler posted:

You gave your friend a frozen bag of delivery ketchup and soy sauce packets when she got married?

Just imagine like a bride and a groom standing and shaking all the guests hands, being handed money envelopes when the goon guest walks up and smiles warmly and hands them a dripping bag of frozen Burger King ketchup. "Congrats you two, I....I wanted to give you this"

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Not to mention the lack of drainage.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

SystemLogoff posted:

I really hate the troll-hacks that could kill someone. It's really lovely thing to make.

Same, because you know some kid, or half-retarded parent is going to find it and blow their hands off or some poo poo, I think a few people were actually sent to the hospital over the ammonia/bleach crystals thing.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Hirayuki posted:

If you're in a real hurry, iron your clothes while you're wearing them! Just don't lean into the iron and you'll be fine. #smoove

Also keeps you warm in the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Ar you people serious about only have one faucet handle? I'm in Canada and its pretty common. Like, both my bathroom, kitchen and utility basin. Try my husbands parents house, their bathtub had three faucet handles (????????).

E: both my reading and viewing comprehension are apparently non-existent at the moment.

54 40 or fuck has a new favorite as of 01:28 on Oct 10, 2014