Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Crosspost from the Marvel thread, here's a bunch of new costumes showing the designs for the new female Thor, Falcon as Cap, and a new Iron Man armor. I overall like the Thor, the Iron Man is kind of bland and the Cap design is way to busy in the chest and has a lot of extraneous elements like the massive belt buckle and side ridges that it would look better without.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

VagueRant posted:

That's fair. No idea if it's meant to be leather, but even wool or other cloth material would be restrictive.

Another costumed that I didn't see mentioned was this Batman outfit I remember people talking about :

Probably shouldn't work, but it totally does.

By the way, why does Batman have no eyes?

They're supposed to be lenses on the mask, it's one of those things that works in art but not in live action

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Dolash posted:

I saw a bit of the Incredibles the other day and was reminded of the Superhero costume designer scene. I was wondering if any comics have ever gone in-depth in-universe about superheroes and their costumes? Is there someone out there making outfits for heroes and villains? Do heroes themselves ever discuss costume trends like the 90s-era Liefield look or how absolutely everyone used to wear spandex?

Hoping I haven't missed that being covered in the thread already.

I think I remember the X-Men having a costume making machine in Beast's lab or something like that.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

zoux posted:

I don't know that AXM sold a lot of toys. I got that as more of them getting away from the boring black leather costumes (which I think they even said) and doing something more comic book-y and truer to their roots.

What do people think of the Phoenix Five costumes from AvX?

Colossus' loincloth is pretty stupid and Emma's was unnecessarily revealing even by her standards. Cyclops looks like New 52 Nightwing and Namor Looks like Injustice Aquaman minus a shirt.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I feel like given enough time and enough artist changes, every single female character design will turn into a huge chested model. Pepper Potts used to be a frumpy short lady and now she just looks like she walked off the set of Sex and the City. Hell, I'm sure someone once drew aunt May as a sexy vixen but with grey hair.

Like when Marvel had to explicitly age up Pixie to 19 from like 14/15 because of the way Land drew her.

She went from looking like this:

to

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

The new 52 Teen Titans are poo poo costumes across the board.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Travis343 posted:

Every Red Robin costume has been awful.

Yeah, DC really has no idea what to do with Tim Drake. They really should have just eliminated him and Jason from the Robin history when they reduced it down to 5 years, but they couldn't do it without messing with Morrison's run.

He's stuck in this limbo where they won't have him grow up because he'll be too old for the Teen Titans, but they also won't keep him as Robin so he's stuck as this pointless pseudo-Robin identity.

I haven't been reading Future's End or Eternal at all, aren't there rumors that it's going to lead Tim taking over as Batman Beyond?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Dick was always more interesting to me as Nightwing than as Robin and I think returning him to Robin would've been too much regression for the character. Tim was always my favourite Robin so it's kind of disappointing that he's been pushed out.

I like Damian, but really prefer the Dick/Damian team than the Bruce/Damian team. It was fun to see a Batman & Robin where the light and dark personalities were switched. It had a better balance than when he's paired with Bruce and I liked how he grew to respect Dick. I almost wish they would've kept Damian paired with Dick even after Bruce returned and had him as a sidekick for Nightwing instead.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Daredevil and Agent Venom without having to think too hard on it.

Also Hawkeye being deaf

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

edit: nevermind this was a bad joke.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Did he design the N52 Teen Titans? Cause those the TT costumes are awful across the board. Especially Tim Drake and Raven .

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I just saw this DLC promo for Arkham Knight, the Batman Beyond suit is ridiculously overdesigned

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

The best looking movie Thor costumes were the ones without the arm armor

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

That is a great redesign of NFL SuperPro but a pretty terrible Captain America.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

It's like the gang got dressed up to go to Comiccon as their favorite comic book heroes.

And Daphne as...someone. I can't place her. I wanna say one of the Batgirls.

She looks like a cross between Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Skinny Velma.

This looks like a cut away gag from Family Guy

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I like the chest symbol on the new Batman suit, but the belt would look better if it was either all black or all gold, the piping looks weird.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Dacap posted:

I like the chest symbol on the new Batman suit, but the belt would look better if it was either all black or all gold, the piping looks weird.

Just read the issue and the belt IS all gold, that's just how the colorist chose to show it in shadow for most of the shots in the book. It looks better in other scenes, I'm down.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Norns posted:

Off topic, but kind of not. Do you have a high res version of your avatar by chance?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Flash - full body costume
Superman - full body costume
Cyborg - full body costume
Wonder Woman - corset/"skirt"/thigh-high boots
Batman - full body costume
Aquaman - full body costume

Good job DC/WB, keep up the good work. :sigh:
They should have kept the shirtless look for Aquaman from the first promo pick, it looks better than this full armor.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

I like how nearly a decade after Marvel proved you don't need to put sculpted abs on superhero suits we've got an entire fleet of dudes with them. Ok granted we have one character who rocks the ab look:

The worst part is that they added them to the Batman suit, the BvS version was pretty much perfect other than it could've used a bit more contrast in between the black and grey.

I know they have to change them between movies to sell new merch/toys (although they kept the same suit between TDK and TDKR) but there's other things they could've done.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

WickedHate posted:

Someone sarcastically posted Venom earlier, but like, Sam Rami's Spider-Man is probably the best comic-to-screen costume ever.

Regardless of the movie's quality, the Amazing 2 suit was better than any other Spider-Man film suit.

The Raimi one's eyes were too triangular and I didn't like the raised silver webbing. At the time it was the best though.

I do like the Civil War one as a way of doing something different with the suit without going as far away from the classic look as the ASM 1 suit. The changing eyes are a nice touch.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I don't think I've ever seen this Ed McGuinness cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Didn't they also make him Apokalips tech enhanced now so he can open boom tubes? Having a teleporter is useful on a team.

• Locked thread