Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Project Rooftop suffers a lot from "Oh wow look at this cool design! Drawing it for thirty pages every month would make you swallow a pistol barrel, but it's really cool!"

Deathlok's new Steve Austin look is as inspired as it is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah? Project Rooftop suffers from major over-design issues.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The Rogues also had a tailor on retainer for a while? It may have been before the Rogues were an official thing but he was the go to for a lot of Flash villains for a while.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

muscles like this? posted:

I believe those are the past original team so that would be Bobby. Personally, I've always found the team X-Men costume kind of bland. Like it makes sense for the younger guys but once you graduate to full X-Men you should get a personalized one.

Your X-men uniform would literally be a school uniform. I dig it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Ghostlight posted:

Animal Man's has an A stylized to the point where if I didn't know the only way of representing animal powers was a giant A on your chest I wouldn't know what it was other than arrows pointing to his heads, and it has that stupid Gambit cowl. Other than avoiding the blue/orange combination I'm not sure what it has to commend it for.

Buddy had Gambit's weird head thing years before Gambit was a thing though?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
We can all agree Phantom of the Paradise IS dope as gently caress.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Vincent posted:

The Speed Force (How does that work?)

The same way everything else with the Speed Force works: arbitrary bullshit.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I could write pages about how on point that Wonder Woman design is for the concept of Fundamental Anime Justice League.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I wouldn't mind reading a bit, since it's the one there I don't really "get".

Superman's one didn't make sense til the Man of Steel thing was pointed out for me.
Absolutely, especially since it's a reference to my Favorite Anime Ever and who doesn't like talking about their biases?

To go over it briefly, Wonder Woman's design and the design of the ship in the background pull extremely hard from Leiji Matsumoto, specifically Space Pirate Captain Harlock (The cape, the dueling scar you can see in the closeup of the face, etc.) Matsumoto's work has a large cast of extremely competent and powerful female characters, and a repeated motif of a society of women apart from but influencing Earth. He also emphasizes themes of freedom and personal responsibility outside societal demands, where characters willfully exist beyond the pale of law and custom in order to protect and promote what they believe in. They're outlaws by choice, not circumstance, because they wish to show that there is a better way of living. Harlock has stood against even the Gods themselves, to the point of having Odin reverse time itself to kill his father because Harlock simply could not be confronted directly.

Wonder Woman is a great fit for it more thematically then designwise, but the idea of a Wonder Woman incorporating things like Queen Millennia and Galaxy Express 999 is such a great idea.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Batman and Robin is to this day the most interesting Batman film, because the themes they address are so different from the other Batfilms.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Somebody finally made character art for those Scooby Doo Shadowrun character sheets. Very nice.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
On the other hand, I'm firmly in favor of all super folk puttin on some drat pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gaz-L posted:

I can't imagine this as anything but his performance as the cyclops in O Brother Where Art Thou

I was thinking more Barton Fink. Showing you the life of the mind even sounds like a Kirbyism.

• Locked thread