Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

redbackground posted:

I hope you mean the one with the sea captain hat.
Wolverine as Corto Maltese would be worth it even for the joke of him hanging around with (Piotr) Rasputin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

Speaking of horrible, lazy costumes, here's another one for Spider-Girl! But before you ask, it's not Mayday Parker, this is...actually, it's not really very clear. She showed up in a crowd scene an anti-drug PSA comic alongside the 616 heroes including Spider-Man one time (complete with caption saying who she was) and was never seen again. She was apparently created for licensing purposes.

So '90s.

I kinda dig the 90-ness of this costume. I bet her out-of-costume look would've been like, a sunday dress and doc martens.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

404GoonNotFound posted:

Nah, Charlie would be Cypher.

Yeah and besides, Cricket is already has the scar-in-the-eye Cable thing.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

fatherboxx posted:

Lionheart was alright, shame about the comics she starred in

The decidedly french fleur de lis as her staff is an odd choice. Unless in her reality the Queen/King still has claims for the French throne.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Kellsterik posted:

Turtleneck. Trenchcoat. Tan slacks. The best look in the world.

Needs a bitchin' medallion.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I more interested on who was their insporation for Despair.

Desire makes me think of an amalgamation of Bowie with those Patrick Nagel paintings.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

That was ever in dispute?!

If you're a square, sure.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

It looks less like gore and more like he's just using shreds of his cape as makeshift sparring gloves to protect his famously sensitive knuckles from getting torn up while punching.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Monaghan posted:

I also like that the hellbat is held up by chains, for no discernible reason.
How else would you lift an armor forged in the sun, Oa, The Speed Force (How does that work?) and that got a new coat of molten mythological-steel without burning yourself.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

FAT BATMAN posted:

My main complaint is how Cyborg looks. I was kind of hoping Hollywood would give him a cool new look, because something about his current comic look just doesn't sit well with me for live action.

The Transformers movies were a practice run for Cyborg's costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

PoptartsNinja posted:

Doesn't count. MHA is actually well-written.

lol

• Locked thread