Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Steak Justice posted:

Is Krater worth 90% off?

Nope. It's bad, and the worst kind of bad--a subpar mediocre bad that could have been good; but instead is just so bland-blah-notgood that you won't play it, even for $1

Ryuga Death posted:

How's the newest Wolfenstein game? I'm waiting for a bigger discount on the retail version so I don't have to download all 40 gigs of the game, but just curious about general impressions.

Yeah it's really fun, especially for $23 (I think on GMG its $23) but you said you want a retail copy soo that might take longer. It's pretty linear, but it has some throwback elements to older 90s-00's FPS games where you have to scavenge corpses, crates, and you can prone/lean left/lean right (which sadly has gone the way of the dodo). Setting and levels are pretty cool, some nice set pieces, and you can dual wield nearly every gun. Shooting nazi robots, nazi dogs, and nazi robot-dogs never gets old. It doesn't do anything new but it does everything very well

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Quest For Glory II posted:

gently caress that is a good deal and the original Typing of the Dead was so fun.

Just a warning about ToTD: OK for those interested in playing it over Steam. Multiplayer netcode is loving atrocious (at least for the House variant). Like some of the worst I've ever seen.

You will never accurate see what the other player is aiming at nor their ammo count, enemies will sometimes get stuck and you'll sit there plugging away at them for 2 minutes before they finally die. Cutscenes get out of sync with the captions and sound. Best of all, you will both see different scores for each other at the end of the round! Some rounds I thought I was kicking my friend's rear end but nope, it just gave him a super low score from my point of view. There is absolutely no reconciliation with what happens on one computer vs the other.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

But I played One Finger Death Punch and that game is pretty cool. I bet it would be a hit on iPad too, doesn't even need to be on PC really. But it's silly and simple and entertaining.

Yeah, I've found this game is addicting---but at the same time it's also easy to put down and I find myself getting naturally tired of it after ~8 levels or so and then I'm eager to pick it up the next day. Works as a good companion piece with other games I'm currently playing

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Poopinstein posted:

New Hero Siege DLC is out! It's just under $5 right now. Looks like an extra level, the Early Access Alpha of Multiplayer and a new class. Some other do-dads thrown in there too with hats and skins.

I tried to try the multiplayer, but I couldn't get it to let me register. I gotta think co-op Hero Siege would be pretty fun though.

It has local co-op, the best co-op :v:. But yeah I'm pretty stoked to give it another try though I'll wait for the DLC to drop in price, the game was on sale for $0.89 a couple weeks ago

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Finished Strider. Game owned the whole way through, including the ending where you ride the corpse of the final boss back to earth

Double helix isn't total garbage after all

Started playing this yesterday. It's pretty great but I'm really loving confused as to what is going on, I feel like I missed a cutscene explaining what the hell I am and why I'm on this weird planet or whatever. I feel like I have no motivation or clue as to why the hell I'm doing anything so far.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 21, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

triplexpac posted:

My brother and I co-opped our way through Torchlight 2 a few months ago and now want a similar experience. What's the most fun game in that style?

I play a ton of Marvel Heroes already and he won't play it with me :colbert: Jerk.

I guess is Diablo 3 our best bet?

Try The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. Combat is a lot of fun, plot is fun and non-serious, and it all about blasting through enemies while finding sweet loot instead of finding sweet loot to blast through enemies.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
So I've been playing Contraption Maker which is on sale for ~$3.75 (if you split it) for the next day or so(?). It's rather fun and brings back some tearful memories of playing Incredible Machine as a kid. So far some of the challenges are a bit easy but you do have some leeway for creativity later on. There are some genuinely tricky levels and since it has all this user content and workshop such as well, so I think there's a ton of value if you like these sort of Rube Goldberg games.

It'll definitely be one I'll be playing with my kids (to make dem smart)and really quite a good successor in the modern age to TIM.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 22, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Drifter posted:

Only let them play Kerbal and Space Chem.

I don't know about Kerbal but I fully intend them to beat Space Chem by the time they're 13 :colbert:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
So Zigfrak is on sale for $1.24, which is nearly the lowest it's been. Looks like a rather fun Freelancer clone but is it as janky as it looks?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bieeardo posted:

At this point, given how much goodwill they've lost and that they're working on a sequel, I think they'd have been further ahead offering this as a free patch to people with the earlier version. The rebalances, at least. I'm not going to give them another buck until I know they've got their act together.

Yeah seriously. Even if the company is no longer entirely toxic (Stieglitz is still around afterall...), they haven't demonstrated that they're competent, have clear direction and in tune with what people find fun.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I bet Arche fucks like a tiger!

:greenangel:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ManOfTheYear posted:

I was checking out the top selling indie games and I found a game called Sakura Spirit. It looks like the worst creepy poo poo Japan has to offer. Is it really as bad as it looks like?

Also the only indie game I have ever bought and played is the Prison Architect. What are the must play indie games on Steam? Isn't Papers, Please supposed to be great? I realized taht I have that. Also Gone Home, seem to own that too.

Well, Quest for Glory named some very excellent and a lot of the cream of the crop.

Here are some choice games from Palpek's list that Quest didn't highlight.

Broken Age - Double Fine's new adventure game is really charming with likable characters, a genuine sense of humor, and an interesting story. Second half is supposed to come later this year.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! - Is an addictive Wario Ware-style game in which you fill customer orders and do chores in a restaurant. The orders/chores are very fast and simple minigames, but the fun comes from keeping up and staying cool under pressure while juggling multiple tasks at once.

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten - THE best tower defense game on Steam. Period. It's like one of those browser-based games in the genre that you couldn't put down but even better.

Don't Starve - An uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic. It's difficult, it's fun, it's gorgeous and has a big community support with mods etc. And Multiplayer coming soon!

Dungeons of Dredmor Complete - This is a roguelike for people who normally can't stand roguelikes. Very accessible, polished and absolutely hilarious. This might be the funniest game on Steam, also one of the best.

Eversion - A cute 2d platformer in the style of Mario except it's not cute. It's not cute at all. Death and decay and staring into the void. It's loving terrifying and you should get it.

FEZ - A joyful platformer/puzzle game full of exploration, secrets, chellenges and just uncovering the fantastic world the author has created.

Hard Reset Extended Edition - An old-school FPS game with tons of enemies sent in your general direction and no reload button. Also environmental explosions galore. Everything explodes. Gun upgrades are ~awesome~. Surprisingly high production values for a small studio - the devs upgraded the game to Extended Edition for free which added a whole act to the story.

Hero Siege - Diablo 2, Link to the Past, Risk of Rain and a Roguelike has an orgy.

FTL: Faster Than Light - I will tell you that Hotline Miami is the best indie game of 2012 - well, I bet some people will send me death threats because I should have chosen FTL for that spot. A space strategy game where you willingly burn half of your own ship during a hostile alien takeover only to realize that your last surviving crew member is slowly suffocating while the oxygen controls are in a decompressed room. Fun times.

Kentucky Route Zero - An absolutely gorgeous and jaw-dropping adventure game that is more about atmosphere, dialogues and music than anything else. An absolute masterpiece that features some puzzles that are pretty easy but playing this game is an experience in itself.

La-Mulana - is deceptively massive and has some great puzzles if you're into mixing your metroidvania with puzzles that go beyond pushing boxes/lighting torches.

Long Live The Queen - A queen murdering simulator. By this I mean you're faced with a variety of choices that have far-fetching consequences and your aim is to survive. It's a very good non-creepy game. I promise.

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death - A quite solid and delightfully cheesy God of War clone.

One Finger Death Punch - You have two buttons, hundreds of stick enemies, and ancient kung-fu action.

Risk of Rain - A randomly generated action platformer with roguelike elements. It's really hard and best played in co-op. The game becomes better with every item you unlock and stack with your earlier unlocks. This is a really good game.

Rogue Legacy - Highly addictive rouglike 2D sidescroller with some elements of Castlevania where you get to select a heir that has different traits after you die.

Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - Orcs Must Die but with Warewolves. You basically have to defend certain points on the map by first preparing for battle setting traps, buffs, buying weapons and resources and then actually fight that battle in a third person view. A fantastic game.

Shadow Warrior - Remake of an old game by the maker's of Hard Reset. Features an old-school style FPS with powerups, hidden collectibles, and backpeddaling arena style shooting.

Spelunky - A kick-rear end roguelike platformer with destructable environment and tons of character and content.

The Swapper - Claymation puzzle game with an amazingly good atmosphere and interesting puzzles. Story, sound & level design are very high quality. Mechanics are creating clones and swapping bodies.

Teslagrad - A 2D puzzle platformer with action elements, where magnetism and other electromagnetic powers are the key.

Transistor - It could be Bastion's sequel, Really beautiful visuals and music.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Hogo Fogo posted:

New beta update...

:siren:
Library
Games can now be assigned to more than one category at a time

Holy gently caress, I know what I'm doing with my night.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Eh? I thought it to be more in the Rayman ilk of games, especially with its gorgeous visual style. I have to get back to that game, I've cleared the first two worlds but like a lot of Steam games it gets discarded for the shiny new additions.

Yeah, this is the problem with a lot of (indie) platformers for me.

They may look loving fantastic (Giana, Flyn, etc) [mostly because it's relatively easy and cheap to make them look very pretty], but at the end of the day they're still a platformer. I usually find myself playing ~15% of it and then getting distracted with something new and more engaging, so then I don't go back to them because I've already started but forgot where I was/what was going on with the game and don't feel like starting over after not touching it for a month or longer.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Well Strider is more of a metroidy game with action, I wouldn't really call it an platformer. I actually just started that one myself, so far it's pretty good (even though I'm confused as gently caress as to what the hell I'm doing plot/character wise)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Seventh Arrow posted:

It's worth noting that Initiation also gets you a playable ninja Bruce Wayne. It's not a total gamechanger, but he does have a different playstyle and gadgets.

Any tower defence fans know of a good way to get gold stars in Prime World Defenders? I'm about level 15 and my towers seem like they're starting to be outclassed by the level of monsters I'm facing. It seems like stars are the only way to get some of the more elite towers, but from what I can tell, I can only reliably get stars by completing the story missions. But I can't complete the story missions because my towers aren't powerful enouuuuurrrrrggghhh

I played PW:D at launch so maybe things are different now, but I thought you could get towers from Chest/Card rewards at the end of a mission and they could be rare. Or you buy a "Random Card Set" thing using the Silver or whatever it was that you earn.

Also you can feed tower cards you don't want to make your current towers better. That was probably one of the complaints I had about it was it was sort of 'grindy' because you might find yourself replaying several previous missions to get more towers. I think you could easily beat the game with Stone Towers and stuff, as long as you've levelled them up.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 24, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Humble Weekly Bundle:

I have no clue about any of these games
Humble's weekly bundles are generally merely meh to begin with this but this one seems fairly bad. Ethan Meteor is polished enough but its just a standard pretty boring puzzle-platformer where you pause the game to move objects around so you can jump on them, woopee.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 24, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Captain Swing posted:

\
Just when I thought I was done with Afterfall, Audish a.k.a. Zombie Samurai pulls me back in with his gift.

gently caress yes. I miss your gifs. I was was afraid you had died since you haven't posted much.

Do you have a collection of them all uploaded somewhere for posterity?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Drifter posted:

Thank you, Dementropy, for giting me Unrest, a fantasy rpg set in Ancient India. Since it's a fantasy India, I am looking forward to having less rape in this game than real India.

Please make sure to the rate the quantity and quality of stool found in the game in the game. This is very important to my enjoyment of a game set in India.

Also if you don't have a skill to throw acid on faces then it's an immediate 0/10 for me. It might be redeemed if you have a Stoning skill where you can throw stones at enemies

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

At first I was a bit worried they'd pull a DX: HR or something but...

quote:

What’s more, as a continued “thank you” for your support, the Director’s Cut will be FREE to all Backers and to all owners of the expansion version of Dragonfall. If you’ve played Dragonfall already, this should be a great opportunity to return to the streets of Berlin and enjoy the improved campaign all over again - to try a new archetype and make different decisions. And if you haven’t played Dragonfall yet, this will be the definitive version of the game to dive into.
That's cool of them at least. Seems they realized the first campaign was average (and pretty bad in parts) at best so they're sort of paving over it. I got it during the Summer Sale (at least I think I did... :steam:) and I still need to give it a shot.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ManOfTheYear posted:

Hrmh, okay. I know that short and sweet is much better than long and boring, but still, you can buy good AND long games with that 10 bucks too.

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting a bit ADHD in my old age and with little time to spare and almost no time for long gaming sessions, but I much prefer a shorter and sweet game that is 4~7 hours than something that's 10+ (even if it's long and good). But this is just personal preference I guess.

I just finished Arkham Origins, and while it's actually quite good, I was ready for it to be over with several hours before it was. I felt that way a lot of the games I've played recently :(

But yeah Broken Age is really like ~4 hrs +/- hours IIRC.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

It's just nice to play a game that is fun to play and doesn't overstay its welcome.

Yep! For me, there's something oddly weary-some and draining about playing a singleplayer game for over week a more. It took me well over a month to finally finish Dark Souls 2 because I was mostly squeezing in hour sessions here and there and by the end of it, I was glad when I finished the last boss. Everyone says "Oh but the game really starts at NG+!" and I just go :negative:

...I miss being young :(

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Machinima Man posted:

Is there an ARPG that just has heaps of content that always feels fresh?
Titans Quest + Immortal Throne has the most amount of content in any ARPG ever. You owe yourself to play it just for the shear scope of content if that's what you want. So many different build variations and items as well.

For something more recent, you might want to look into Marvel Heroes--especially as it's free. I've just started playing it recently and it's really quite fun, theres a little bit of an MMO and social aspect that makes it very lively when you easily party up with random people and go through the content. Combat is actually pretty drat good and satisfying. The game has no problems throwing hundreds of fodder at you to blow away.

I haven't finished it yet, but it feels like there's a lot of stuff to do with a ton of hero choices that all play differently, and they seem to be adding more.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 28, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This post was made by a crazy person. Anyways, I would suggest Outlast I guess? That one I haven't actually played. If you don't mind some jank, there's also Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth, but be warned there is much jank. Otherwise there isn't a lot of first-person horror. If you haven't played Silent Hill you really really should, regardless of your feelings on third person.

THANK YOU! His post was literally giving me a headache and I was wondering if I was going crazy.

Outlast is pretty great but I think he's looking for something with combat? Really the post was not clear at all. I was also going to suggest Dead Space 1 but that's also third person :shrug:

I'd also suggest Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light played on Ranger mode.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Movac posted:

Not sure what problems people had with the controls; it seems like an ordinary third-person shooter to me. There's one turret segment late in the game where the mouse sensitivity is absurdly low, but I just picked up my gamepad for that.

I had problems with the mouse controls, they felt very floaty and off so I switched to using my gamepad which I almost never prefer for aiming. But it goes to show how good the game is that it's still ridiculously good even with floaty controls.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

PantsBandit posted:

So I did the very beginning of Binary Domain tonight. My only real comment so far is that it seems like the mic picks up every little noise. I constantly hear Bo go "What? Huh? Can't talk right now!" even though I turned the threshold way up. I'm using a headset btw. Not sure what that's about.

Yeah turn off voice recognition. It's seriously dumb.

I mean it's kind of a cool idea, and I get what they had tried to do and were going for, but the technology isn't there yet and probably won't be cost-effectively there for another 10 years--probably much longer. And the stupid part is they somehow didn't realize this and just axe the whole thing which shows kinda poor project management. poo poo, even Siri sucks rear end and that had Apple throwing a ton of money and weight at it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Hav posted:

The Marvel one is, in my lovely opinion, a bit of a cash grab. There's a grind ladder that isn't too bad, but it's still there to tease money from people in buying the characters, and I imagine that they'll ratchet the grind if the money doesn't flow, however it's free if you're looking for some uncomplicated 'no strings attached' fun.

I actually just recently got really into it, and then sort of fizzled out after ~2 weeks. I still play it even though and then. It's not terribly grinding and there's a ton of heroes that all do different things which is awesome... But there just isn't really that much variety in the levels and the Daily Quests are always the same poo poo. Levels are static and not all that interesting (except for a few). Midtown Mayhem, X-Defense, Holo-Sim would be cool if they were mixed up a lot more with levels and such. Inventory space is incredibly limited because there are just so many little crafting items and such (especially since all chars same the same character space) even by F2P standards so it's kind of annoying.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I've been craving a WW2 MP game since I'm a bit sick of modern-military not-iraq/russia games. I just tried this game called Heroes & Generals and holy poo poo this must be the most Pay 2 Win game I've ever had the displeasure of trying. Stay far far away unless you're loaded with money and don't mind dropping $100 on stuff to completely dominate everyone else even if you suck. Literally everything is locked behind gold (which you get 1-2 per game and each round is about 30 minutes, most things cost ~1k Gold ($10) to unlock except some things which can be paid using Credits) and those people that just pay $10 - $20 for a plane/tank will dominant everyone that's running around with shity starter guns (and the starter guns are really loving bad). Sidegrades are a foreign concept :psyduck:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 3, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Orv posted:

The starter guns are perfectly functional, credits can purchase everything in the game that makes a meaningful impact and you get considerably more than 1-2 credits a game. It's still got some real problems as a game, but you're pretty seriously misrepresenting it here.

Just play RO anyway.

I was referring to Gold which is about 1-2 from what I can tell. Also I might be missing something but I can't buy everything with Credits. i.e. Here is the first medium tank. And to unlock "Medium Armor 5" which is the alternate way to unlock this, you need to have already owned a Medium Armor tank which... you have to buy. Unless I'm missing something.

Then there is this whole "veteran" thing that you buy for ~$13/month that lets you slot a second Perk Slot which aren't trivial (i.e. +40% reload, Less Dorito Triangle time above you, No Kill Cam for players you kill, +25% damage to vehicles, +75% hip fire accuracy, etc).

Oh well. I really hope there's the CS:GO equivalent of DOD in the works.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 3, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dominic White posted:

As for Firefall, I don't think it's as much of a trainwreck as people are making it out to be

I haven't played it, and I know goons like to hyperbole about poo poo and this is a bit of a derail, but have you ever admitted to any game being a trainwreck? Just curious because I don't think I have ever seen you be negative or ever called a game bad.

vvvv That's what I was getting at but I wanted to check first

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 4, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Korhal posted:

Does anyone have words for Castlestorm? It looks interesting and the complete edition is only 5bux right now. Just want to make sure the mechanics matched up well to the cool concept.

It's not bad, but be warned the Multiplayer (the major reason I got it) was a huge let down. Singleplayer is pretty decent.

I don't know how you feel about Mobile->PC games, but it still feels a bit mobile-y in design and scope. Perhaps it's just me, but whenever I play a mobile-ported game sitting down at my desktop (no matter how 'polished' it is) I feel I'd be better off putting it on my tablet/playing something more engaging/or doing something else.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 4, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

KoB posted:

Its 4v4 deathmatch with distinct sides (human/Vampire) and classes.

It seems like its cool in concept; but I really don't like Team Deathmatch anymore :( I hope they add some type of Attack/Defense/Escape type modes.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I finished Arkham Origins a couple weeks ago, it was actually a lot of fun and Shock Gloves were a really fantastic fun addition. They should have gave them to you a bit sooner but eh. If you liked Arkham City, you should definitely give it a shot.

I also recommend to play it on Normal--don't play it on Hard, it's a slog through the beginning until you get to about mid-game but mostly just makes enemies take more hits to kill and you take less hits to die.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SynthOrange posted:

I think I've reached a point beyond worrying about backlogs and just accepting that there are games that I've bought that I will never play.

And I will probably end up buying more to add to that list.

I found it's best to come up with a "Bundle Games / Mobile Ports" category and just toss everything in there that you don't even know what it is. If you don't know, you probably were never going to play it. I also have ones for "Hidden Object / Point-Click Adventures" and one for "Puzzle-Platformers" for the games you do recognize but for me, those two genres are just something I don't care about playing (that often). Chances are, you won't miss any of these games and you'll actually be left with games you're interested in which becomes very manageable.

i.e. here's my "Bundle Filler" catagory. And not that these are bad per se, just I didn't really know much about them and don't care to play them anytime soon , at least on the PC (aka never)

Especially with the new Steam Beta which makes group-select + categorize very easy without resorting to depressurizer (which was buggy).

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 12, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Finished Dead Space. It was pretty enjoyable, felt really similar in story to System Shock 2, though, minus the psychopath master computer

I'm assuming Dead Space 2 cuts a lot of that bullshit out and focuses mostly on the set pieces, since people say the franchise goes more-and-more action with each iteration
Well it was supposed to be System Shock 3 but rights were a clusterfuck I guess.

Yeah I liked Dead Space 2 more. There wasn't much backtracking and even though there were several ridiculous OP guns so you don't feel as vulnerable, it has some great atmospheric areas and some genuinely creepy or grotesque scenes.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jerusalem posted:

Well I just heard the news about Tomb Raider's sequel not coming out on PC (even though it inevitably will) and that sucks, I was really looking forward to that game.

It will, just give it like 6 months or something.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 13, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

GreatGreen posted:

Games can now be assigned to more than one category.

Holy loving Christ they've finally done it.

*faints*

You can also group select games and assign a catagory to multiple games at once! Thank god.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Lance Streetman posted:

Jazzpunk is one of the funniest, weirdest, and most surreal games I've ever played, and it alone is worth 13 bucks.

Agreed

I wish i could get stoned and go back and play it. It was really fun and weird in a good way.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Azran posted:

Besides all the gameplay and performance improvements, Metro 2033 Redux made the shittiest parts of the game (the escort missions) incredibly easier! It was actually fun this time around.

That's cool. Hows the stealth in it? I remember getting frustrated at some nazi bridge are and it was just ugh. I never finished 2033 but I really liked LL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

New month means bandwidth cap resets, wheeeeeeee. Almost out of backlog games I wanna play, booooo. But ACIV: Black Flag, Walking Dead S2, Chronicles of Riddick, Arkham Origins, and RAGE will account for 81 gigs for just those five games, so I guess I'll fill that cap pretty quickly anyway.

Steamcompletionist says only 14% of my library has never been opened. I'm living the dream!!

Skip RAGE if its' an issue. It's not that long, not that good, and takes a lot of space. Black Flag is great. Arkham Origins is actually really good despite some initial negative responses. Chronicles shouldn't be that big of DL IIRC. Those 3 will take almost a month to finish anyways.

• Locked thread