Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Does steam have a very peculiar notion of what "blocked" means? Because I have a notification of 5 chat messages from a phishing bot I blocked - a notification I can't see to remove without unblocking it. Is there some option I neglected to mark that say "when I block a person, please don't let them message me and certainly don't put up an unremovable notification thereof to bother me".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is there a way to buy several copies of a game at once? (Besides four-packs and the like)

Edit - as long as I'm here, maybe someone can tell me:
Does steam have a very peculiar notion of what "blocked" means? Because I have a notification of 5 chat messages from a phishing bot I blocked - a notification I can't see to remove without unblocking it. Is there some option I neglected to mark that say "when I block a person, please don't let them message me and certainly don't put up an unremovable notification thereof to bother me".

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 25, 2014

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Can't you just remove them from your friends list? Or are they messaging you on your profile? As far as I know there's no way to message nonfriends other than that. And that can be stifled by making your profile private.
Yes. Bots add me to spam phishing offers, I block them, and purge my friends list at the end of the day. The problem is that they can message me before I get around to removing them.

It just seems kinda counter-intuitive that people can still message you despite being blocked and that the only way to remove the notification is to unblock them in order to see the message. Not the dumbest steam design decision, but still.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Is that the new edition of BG1/2, or what? I'm seeing some reviews from 2012, so...?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I just looked up that IdleMaster thing and tried it:

I think I have a problem.
I just check the "badges" section of steam.

I mean, it shows which games you still have card drops for, right?

Right?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Idlemaster is asking for the steam community sessionid cookie, which means less than nothing to me. How do I find it, how do I get the info idlemaster needs when I do?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It comes with folder full of docs that have detailed instructions on how to go get that and where to put it in, FYI.
Thanks.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I think I might have misclicked something in steam inventory helper (don't remember doing so, but that's the only explanation that comes to mind) and the "sell multiple items" button is gone (just after I removed a bunch of steam cards in order to relist them). Google doesn't really help. How do I re-enable it?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I think I might have misclicked something in steam inventory helper (don't remember doing so, but that's the only explanation that comes to mind) and the "sell multiple items" button is gone (just after I removed a bunch of steam cards in order to relist them). Google doesn't really help. How do I re-enable it?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Here's a question: The dorms internet is remarkably poo poo and takes forever to download a game. By comparison, internet at the computer farm is lightning fast. If I were to install a game on a farm computer and copy the files over to my own, would at least some of the files get recognized, or would the whole thing just be reinstalled from scratch?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Drifter posted:

Quite a lot would get recognized. Copy it over, select to download it on your dorm comp, and then it'll verify the stuff.
That works. Not sure how much time I actually saved, since the farm computers are (ironically) terribly slow at actually copying files, but still. Thanks.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Is there a way to:

1. Get notified when one of your games suddenly gets steam cards? Like a "yougotsteamcardsalert.com"?

2. Have a sound play when you get a trade notification?

3. Remove the trade notification if you get a double trade / the item is now unavailable for trade? Currently, it seems the only thing to do is wait for the next trade to come along.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 25, 2014

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

For cards I just glance at the badges section every now and then; it auto-populates with games that you still can get cards in.
Yeah, but the first few hours give you the best price for your cards. Had I traded my latest cards within those hours rather than a day later, I'd have just enough steam cash to grab one of the games I want.

Helith posted:

Enhanced Steam is what you're looking for for this issue. It's a browser plugin / extension so only works on Steam in your internet browser and not the Steam client, but it has a ton of useful features.
Yeah, but I want to remove it in the steam... client, or program, or whatever.

I guess someone will fix it in a few months / years / decades. Because that's how steam rolls.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Helith posted:

Sorry, I worded it badly. It will clear it in the Steam client too, but you can only access the feature in the browser version. So use it on the web page version of steam then open the client and it will be gone there too.
Oh. I thought I had some sort of an Enhanced Steam thing. Maybe that was something else. Time to give it a try.

Awesome! posted:

just send a coupon to trashbot and it will clear the notification
Trashbot?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

al-azad posted:

IF you want to play the first Hitman then play Contracts which is more or less a remake/retelling.
Wait, contracts is on steam now? Since when?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I've got a steam-related problem.

My mom plays Zumba / Plants vs Zombies on my account in offline mode. As of yesterday, she claims logging in and going into offline mode does nothing - it keeps alternately logging each of us out.

What's up, and how do I fix it?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I have no idea how to find archived threads, but if I could, I'd link to the Slammed! CYOA on the wrestling forum to settle all questions about the quality of Choice of Games games.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I keep getting audible playstation store ads playing in my steam webhelper client or something? What's up with that, and how do I stop it?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

ArfJason posted:

hahaha the gently caress is wrong with you
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xander77/friends/blocked
Absolutely standard if you do a bit of trading and don't bother to delete your blocked list for a few months.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

What's the actual difference between Half Life Source and regular Half Life? For some reason steam keeps recommending I buy the former.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

al-azad posted:

And once again we see a disconnect between the fans and the press. When Diablo 2 was announced in 1998 Computer Gaming World devoted 8+ pages to it while disparaging Diablo for not being a fully fleshed RPG and having NPCs that were essentially rooted to the spot.

They also gave Starcraft a perfect score.
And?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I was on the PC Gamer hype train back at the time of the Diablo 2 release. They fuckin' loved that game, the review for it was basically one giant sloppy blowjob.
And?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Is steam inventory helper never going to get the "sell multiple items" button back? I have like a 100 crates in some back page of my inventory I really can't be arsed to offload one at a time.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

So that Humble Bundle 12$ Saints Row 4 is just the regular game, not the GotY bundle with all the DLC, right? Is all the DLC important / good?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

60$ is the go-to price for AAA releases (whatever that actually means). And those have less gameplay time and are (subjectively) generally a lot less fun than a well made RPG. What's the issue, exactly?

e;fb.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Palpek posted:

Looks like Far Cry 3.5.
I'm trying to make Far Cry: Brotherhood happen. (I actually liked Brotherhood a lot)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Palpek posted:

They basically come up with super cool villains that are full of character... bland dumb protagonists that take themselves way too seriously for the ridiculous situation they find themselves in.
I can't find a way to parse the plurals here in a way that makes sense.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Are people actually insurging it up, or just grabbing free stuff? Is there a goon Insurgency group in progress?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I tried to play a Tex Murphy game once - and then characters started talking, and that was the end of that. Seriously - even if you're a huge adventure game fan, at least check out a video of the "clever" dialog by the "charming" characters before you waste your money on something far more incessantly obnoxious than the worst of Borderlands 2 humor (to put things in a modern context)

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 13, 2014

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I mean, I'm going to keep playing, but the old Yahtzee review wasn't kidding when he said this game is basically The Hundred Acre Wood Fights Mean Old Farmer Hitler.
So, do you often create false memories around traumatic experiences stuff internet reviewers did not say?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Oblivion4568238 posted:

It's not a "collector's edition" type that packs all the DLC into a bundle, it's a separate "game" from Sleeping Dogs itself. All the DLC that is worth having is integrated into the game, and all the DLC that is worth skipping was not included.
?
By what criteria?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fart of Presto posted:

Did anybody else notice that all the recent coupons stack on top of already applied discounts, like weekly deals, intro promos etc.?
I don't think so. The new Frozen Synapse is 21.24$, with a 15% discount. Applying a 50% off coupon gives me... a 10.62% discount.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Oooooh. Totally looking at the wrong spot.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Daimo posted:

Is https://www.wastedonsteam.com still working or is there something else? My profile won't seem to update.
It has my wishlist from a year or so ago, so it probably stopped updating.

577th by hours played? That's... that's just among the steam users that signed in, right? R-right?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The very first review is in Russian (for me) and it basically goes on about how the Dragon is currently a mutant-cripple with broken wings/feet/flying and landing animations / a fire breathing animation that originates in the chest area / etc. Early access and all, but still.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The worst thing about FC's mutant/human combat was that the AI damaged each other at 1/10th of the damage rate in fights with the player. AI fights took FOREVER.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gromit posted:

I like them for some reason as well. I just wish there were a few more with mature content or story. I get tired of playing the young woman who becomes a princess and saves all the children from the evil wizard thanks to a handsome centaur.
I have the exact opposite request - pretty much every hidden object game I looked up (perhaps because I was looking around Halloween) was filled to the brim with retarded "mature content". I need something simple, with minimal plot and Russian language support.

Edit: Look at this

I just added a bunch of random hidden object games to my wishlist, and every single one of them has a mind-bogglingly stupid "mature" plot. I'd kill for a handsome centaur.

And in the game.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 17, 2014

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Hitting the store page from a steam game in your gift inventory takes you to "http://store.origin.steampowered.com/app/somenumbershere" which does nothing until you delete the "origin" part.

Anyone else getting this? What's up?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Betrayer is in the new Be Mine bundle at Groupees, along with a couple of point n clicks (Quest for Infamy, 1954 Alcatraz), and Kingdom Rush.

https://groupees.com/bm16
Thanks for this!

That's two wishlist games for 4$ + random stuff :)

I've already played it and would recommend [Betrayer], but it is low budget in that it has no dialogue, no music, and has cartoony sound effects. The gameplay loop, I liked, not everyone will like it, since you are traversing around Regular World and Alternate World finding ghosts as well as relatively dryly-described items of evidence, with only spirit noise guiding you towards them. And it never becomes anything more than that. It just ends when it ends. $1 is fine, don't pay full price.

GBTVI-BHDYE-QIXDG

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 22, 2014

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Add me, and I'll buy you one :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xander77

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

AlbertRayon posted:

I decided to try the same thing a few months ago, with the added stipulation that I write a review after I play every game, and I must play the ones that suck at least an hour. I made it most of the way through the A's before I started skipping around to games I had actually been meaning to play. It's actually pretty fun because you'll find a lot of games you like you picked up in some bundle and would have never played otherwise. It's also funny when you get comments from angry fans on your bad reviews for terrible games.
I'm still stuck in the A's :/

In other news, did anyone ever figure out what's up with the "steam.origin.app" thing when you hit the store button from a game in your inventory?

Zeno Clash has cards now. The more appropriate reason to play Zeno Clash is because it's fuckin awesome
My game kept crashing during the ending of the "real" fight with the mentor guy. Maybe it will work better on a new computer.

What's Zeno Clash 2 like?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 25, 2014

• Locked thread