Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh, this isn't the uPlay thread...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Unbearable posted:

steam://install/10050

How the gently caress did you find this?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Fart of Presto posted:

http://steamdb.info/search/?a=app&q=enemy+territory

Then use the standard command steam://install/appid on the demo and hope the files are still there.

Neat!
Now if only Quake Wars was available to buy.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Colonel posted:

The Sims 2 with all expansions is pretty drat fun but it seriously jacks up loading times even on modern computers.

Christ, you weren't kidding.
Took me back to when I first played Battlefield 2 all those years ago.

Going to be hard to get myself to play Sims 2 if there's no way to shorten the load times.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dudebro posted:

Is Nosgoth a pretty good game? How bad is it if you don't spend any money in that game?

It's basically the Vampire Slayer mod from HL1 with a shiny new coat of paint and set in the Legacy of Kain universe, it's so fun.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The Enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are really good, and that pack appears to have the plain ol' regular versions. You'll still be able to mod it, the game is still good, but I don't think I could go back after playing Enhanced. There's tons of little things that I like about it.

Really? Better than just modding the games into the Baldurs Gate Trilogy and applying a widescreen fix?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ultimately they are the same game. The new content isn't even the draw, it's mainly the massive amount of bugfixes and quality of life fixes. For instance, you can use the mouse-wheel to zoom in and out, which is actually pretty drat cool. Each character has a different color circle underneath them when they are highlighted. Little poo poo like that.

Yeah, I suppose little touches like that could be neat.
I've been eyeballing the Enhanced Editions for a while but I'm waiting until they get below $5 I think.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

PrinceRandom posted:

Shame. I know literally nothing about Warhammer but picked up the whole series on a sale (oops).

I feel like there's another strategy game that I can't name that has a resource system like Dawn of War.

Ultimate Apocalypse is pretty cool, it adds a bunch of the new races mentioned in a post above into the mod and then ramps everything up turning it into 40k: Total War essentially with massive gently caress off armies and even Titans.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Gort posted:

Yeah, I love Divinity: Original Sin but you're an idiot if you spend money on that DLC.

You're an idiot if you decide to give the devs an extra tip for the amazing work they put out, you heard here first folks.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

drat, after playing a quite few hours of Saints Row 4... I don't think that I can even bring myself to finish it.
It's just samey as hell, I'm tired of the world being so loving dark, I'm tired of the fact that I'm in the same drat city as The Third, I'm tired of fighting the same 3 enemies over and over, I'm tired of hacking things, I'm tired of racing across the city, I'm tired of throwing things at targets, and ugh... it's just too much of the same poo poo repeated over and over.

Also getting rid of cribs, boats, and severely gimping the game's air force was a mistake.
It also takes far too long for you to get the rest of your crew back so you're stuck with Keith David and Kenzi for the longest time.(not nearly as amazing as it sounds)
They've also managed to make the super powers not nearly as fun as they should be.

I can't be the only one that thinks this.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 16, 2014

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Malek posted:

Keith Richards?

Whoops, meant Keith Davis. :blush:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Breadallelogram posted:

You meant Keith David.

That too, I'm bad with names. :negative:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I had choice paralysis on whether or not to choice Troy Baker or Nolan North as my guy's voice. What I pick the wrong one? :ohdear:

Robin Atkin Dowes or whatever is the best voice, sorry.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

CommissarMega posted:

How's Empire: Total War, then? I heard there were problems with it, but I'd hope those were patched out.

Likely the hardest Total War to get into I think, they just introduced a bunch of new systems and none of it was really implemented extraordinarily well.
It's refined a lot in Napoleon, but if you really want to play Empire then I'd suggest getting Darth Mod for it since it fixes just about everything wrong I had with it save for the clumsy UI and some of the campaign map quirks.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Pierson posted:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I forgot Mercenaries 2 was on PC, think I might pick that up. RF: Armageddon I tried and yeah while I was hopeful at the start it turned into a weird cave simulator extremely fast. Just Cause 2 and Broforce I already have and finished. Anything else you can think of? Just gigantic havoc-simulators.

I hope you mean by :filez: because I highly suggest you reconsider wasting money on it.
It's such a broken and sloppy port and just some of the gameplay mechanics are loving :psyduck: like having to do a QTE every time you call in any form of fire support or hijack vehicles.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Stan Taylor posted:

Finally got around to recovering my login for Burnout Paradise last night and was surprised that it still seems pretty active. Never got to play 3 online so I'm pretty jazzed. :unsmith:

You actually got it to login? I can't seem to.
All those DLC cars and stuff I can't use, hnng.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Stan Taylor posted:

It apparently is linked to my origin account username or something? I think I got lucky in figuring out which email I had linked it to a couple years ago when I first got it.

I'm not sure about the in game dlc stuff, but it had the bikes and party mode stuff even when I was playing offline. I really just want a way to replace the in game songs with some cool poo poo and I will play this game forever.

Oh man, I need to try this out.
Aw yiss, it logged in finally... but it seems like the extra DLC like Legendary Cars and the stuff aren't accessible, son of a bitch whyyyyyyy

edit: O-oh... you can buy them for $10 on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/Burnout-Paradise-Bonus-Vehicle-Online/dp/B00CX6G1IE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408641374&sr=8-2&keywords=burnout+paradise

Deakul fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 21, 2014

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aw snap, $10 saved, thanks man.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jesus, Van Helsing 1 has DLC that you can't buy through Steam but still requires money to get.

I was just curious when I went to the DLC menu and saw all of these pre-order things unactivated.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

PantsBandit posted:

Wait 135 dollars?

Comes with 3 copies of the game. :shobon:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Palpek posted:

Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive looks pretty neat. I'm always for more underwater games.

Holy poo poo, this is what I've always wanted on the PC.
A game that lets me scuba dive and chill with sea life, why aren't there more like this?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

ovaries posted:

World of Diving is coming to Steam soon, check that out instead. You're not tasked with shooting fish in that one.

Holy poo poo this looks amaaaaaaaaazing, definitely keeping my eye out on it.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I know you specified "on PC" but you should also check out the Endless Ocean series, or, at least, Zorak's awesome LPS of the series.

Yeah, I've always to play that but I don't own any consoles.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

God drat, I just bought Black Flag for $17 and stopped playing after 6 hours straight, I haven't done a marathon like that in years.
What a god damned fun game and it's beautiful to boot.

Sailing is pretty chill and naval combat is simple but works really well.

I haven't actually gotten very far into the game since I think I only got the ship like 4 hours in?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dominic White posted:

It's not really a platformer (there's not even a jump button) - it's more of a Boulder Dash/Sokoban style block-puzzle game, but with a Metroid'y style overworld tying together everything. Some very clever puzzles in there, involving a lot of block types, with alternate solutions to get bonus gubbins.

Whether it is or not should be mostly rendered moot by the fact that the Source Code Project updated its all-in-one installer quite recently. Just point the installer at it for an instant upgrade from this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pIPipbQlTY

To this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXF2uHPiZoo

:aaa:
Holy mother of gently caress.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy fuuuuuuuuuck an actually good looking Avatar game is finally coming out.
Oh man.
Oh God.
:holy:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mokinokaro posted:

It's very unlikely. The comic has only moved a few years past the outbreak and its very unlikely Kirkman will let them move past that.

I don't think the game has referenced anything from the comics at all this season, surely it can be its own thing now?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, I bought Black Flag for dirt cheap a while back but I just realized that there's a Gold Edition that seems to offer a ton of a stuff that you can't buy separately for some moronic reason, am I poo poo out of luck if I don't want to rebuy the game all over again? I know most of the stuff is cosmetic but I'm a sucker for customization in games like this. :ohdear:

Uplay won't even let me open a support ticket because I guess I have too many trigger words that make it just redirect me to their unhelpful and irrelevant FAQ.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

If you're going to play Sacred 2 then you definitely want to get the Community Patch cause it adds so much and fixes even more.

The site does require registration to get the file but it's entirely worth it I think. (uploaded to google drive)

Also, thanks for the Black Flag responses... loving hate it when DLC is spread out over a million editions.

edit in regards to Microsoft sale: :siren: THERE'S A MORE COMPLETE EDITION OF TOY SOLDIERS IN THE WORKS BY THE ORIGINAL DEVS :siren:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 28, 2014

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

After SR4, I can't muster up any excitement for this at all.
Looks like more of the same except now there's probably no character customization and it'll be in an extremely linear world.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kibayasu posted:

I'm not sure what info you're reading but its not the same stuff everyone is reading.

Edit:

Where are you seeing the linearity? Its Steelport but red and with statues. It looks exactly like the gameplay in SR4 (Gat has wings instead of super-jump, for example). I'm not going to argue if you say the gameplay being the same is part of a problem though, but its a different problem.

They said it's 50% the size of Steelport and if it actually is Steelport AGAIN then gently caress that noise entirely.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is the South Park game worth it for $20?

I like South Park and I love RPGs, how much does it have to offer on the latter since I know it'll deliver on the raunchy funny jokes front? Looking for quest variety, exploration, and stats customization mostly.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Drifter posted:

It's a good mario rpg thing. But it's a better show than a game - for this game.

It's pretty linear but it lets you wander around town to find a few things and run into a few people.

Combat (and combat customization, by default) is pretty basic. It's cute, the combat, but it's not interesting at all.

It's funny as gently caress. Combat's low key and simple. Exploration is limited but fun. There's a lot of pointless item collection and customization is also pretty simple and pointless.

Hmm, sounds like $20 is about right then.
Thanks!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Paracelsus posted:

Where are you seeing it for $20?

w/ 20% off coupon: AUG20OFF
http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-south-park-the-stick-of-truth-uncensored/5007473

Same thing: UKAUG20OFF
http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/download-south-park-the-stick-of-truth-uncensored/5007474

edit: Hmm, yes... this game will do just fine.
:kimchi:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 30, 2014

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Accordion Man posted:

That's not SR4 Insurance Fraud.

You're implying that SR4 is better at doing anything in the series which is a fallacious train of thought.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Kins posted:

It's better at actually running properly.

I had no issues running any other game in the series except Saints Row 1 because it's not on the PC.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Quest For Glory II posted:

My short experience playing BL2 (6-ish hours) is that it does feel kind of MMO-y, it's alright when playing with friends, and 90% of the dialogue comes from the 2 lamest and least funny characters (Claptrap and Handsome Jack).

:catstare: O-ok... that's y-your opinion, I g-guess...

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm a pretty casual racing game player with a keyboard, would I like GRID? Is GRID 2 worth getting over the first? Should I just stick with Burnout Paradise?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kaubocks posted:

I am also a casual racing fan and I picked up GRID 2 after being relatively enamored with DIRT 2.

conclusion: get DIRT 2

I'd get DIRT 2 if it was available.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

tehsid posted:

If you have the cash, I think it's worth grabbing GRiD Autosport. I quite enjoyed my time with it, though I used a 360 controller. Lots to do in it though.

Noted, will keep an eye on it when it gets down to like $10.

How's Dirt 3 since I can't get Dirt 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Skip Year of the Snake if you're in it for the story/fun. It takes the awesome Jon Woo/gangster vibe the main story has and shits all over it. You spend 90% of the dlc following orders and handcuffing.

:stare:
Behold the worst opinion in the world.

• Locked thread