Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mushball
May 23, 2012
Are there mods for Doom 3 that make the shotgun more range than right up the monsters face? I played the xbox version at a friends house when it first came out and the biggest thing that irked me was how a game series with awesome shotguns would have one that was a glorified knife like so many shooters tend to do these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushball
May 23, 2012

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for a good game that can be played in offline mode, preferrably with a ton of replay value? Going to be without internet for a while very soon and I need to prepare my free time now, If I can.

Any fun FPSes, strategy, or whatever games welcome.

Jagged alliance 2 on steam or GOG can be played without loving around with offline mode. Just make a desktop shortcut and it will run without needing steam. It's one of my all-time favorites.

If you like old school shooters, the classic Doom games or duke nukem 3d are good picks as you can just use a source port like eduke32 or zdoom to play them.

Mushball
May 23, 2012

Zombie Samurai posted:

You guys might want to take a minute to give Velvet Sundown a try. It's a free multiplayer game where you're a character on a yacht, trying to get information from other players who also have an agenda. Basically a social chat game, but this one converts your chat to voice. So this exchange gets a lot funnier when you hear it spoken:

Is it all just text or is there actual voiced dialog being exchanged? This game looks like an interactive soap opera complete with dumb plot developments and intrigue of the real ones on TV.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
I love the hell out of Jagged Alliance 2 and Silent Storm is pretty baller for letting me shoot a guy through the floor above me with machinegun fire. The only thing I have going against Silent Storm is a lack of cool squad characters to choose from like Ivan Dolvich or Hitman, who are always on my army's payroll whenever they become available in JA2.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
MGS5 being on steam is like an early christmas miracle. All they need to do next is port the PS3 legacy collection and I'll never have to mess around with consoles again if I want to play the MGS games. With MGS5 comes MGO3 as well so CQCing people from cardboard boxes online is something to get hype over as well.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
Alpha Protocol is hilarious, despite its early game jankiness everyone should bear with it for the first hour in order for the game to take off like a rocket. I played a goofball martial artist spy that got results done when the chips are down and I had a blast pummeling dudes in unarmed combat and shooting the ones that are too far away with my pistol.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
I've heard mixed things about Valkyria Chronicles, but I'm a huge sucker for turn-based strategy games so I want to see what it does well that warrants so much attention. I'm going to feel awful ordering all these anime schoolchildren to charge MG emplacements head on in order to overrun the enemy.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
The beginning of Shadow of Chernobyl is rough since all you have is a dinky pistol vs five or six bandits in your first encounter, but it gets easier after you get past the beginning area and get a rifle and some ammo for it.

Also you want to play on the highest difficulty. I know this sounds insane, but the way the game difficulty is it adds a bunch of health on everyone on lower difficulties leading to some really bulletspongy enemies while on the max difficulty firefights are more lethal for you and your opponents so a precise headshot will definitely drop someone.

Mushball
May 23, 2012

404notfound posted:

When does Valkyria Chronicles unlock? :f5h::f5:

I'm on the west coast and it says it unlocks in 10 hours so no jumping into anime europe in the early morning like the 101st airborne.

Gonna celebrate veteran's day with a healthy dose of WW2 squad combat in the Brothers in Arms series and this game

Mushball
May 23, 2012

Palpek posted:

Insurgency: https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=RFUZ6pf5wKTRXB3W

Apparently "this link may be used up to 3 times" so even if somebody claims it try again.

I already own Insurgency, but one of my friends doesn't and is interested in trying it so thank you!

Mushball
May 23, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So what's the deal with Valkyria Chronicles. Is the actual gameplay and tactical strategy stuff good enough to overlook the corny jrpg anime crap?

Valkyria Chronicles has a neat way of letting you aim the shots of your troops which does alleviate the total bullshit of miss shots that plagues most turn based strategy games. From what I understand soldiers like and dislike one another, but it isn't as extreme as jagged alliance where they will cheer or butt heads if you send them into battle together.

Game is anime as gently caress though, you can live the late ww2 german army experience by fielding old people and children in your platoon to stop the anime nazi/soviet equivalent.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
What is the verdict on Shadowrun: Dragonfall? I was wondering if they finished polishing it up and the userbase has created some worthwhile campaigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushball
May 23, 2012

Lester Shy posted:

Is there any planned or rumored DLC coming out for Wolfenstein: The New Order anytime soon? I had a blast with it and might do a second playthrough, but at 50 gigs, it's hogging up my SSD.

I don't think there are any plans for DLC but expect a sequel or a new game from the developers on the horizon soon. I loved it and Max Payne 3 which is another space hog but I would honestly uninstall them after your done playing them in order to make room for the next monstrosity that is released.

• Locked thread