Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bloody posted:

i have problems with computers almost constantly

Same but with your posting! hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

running this query should tell me the physical memory that an SQL server has available right?
code:

select * from sys.dm_os_sys_memory
total_physical_memory_kb	available_physical_memory_kb	total_page_file_kb	available_page_file_kb	system_cache_kb	kernel_paged_pool_kb	kernel_nonpaged_pool_kb	system_high_memory_signal_state	system_low_memory_signal_state	system_memory_state_desc
4182924	867476	8612588	5560336	1417072	135928	62548	1	0	Available physical memory is high

I'm running it on a hosted server and it gives 4 gigs which seems shamefully low.

If I run

code:

SELECT object_name, counter_name, cntr_value AS 'Total Server Memory (KB)'
FROM sys.dm_os_performance_counters 
WHERE counter_name = 'Total Server Memory (KB)'

I get 1638272 KB which for a sql server with probably 50 people connected to it, and 20 gigs of actively used databases seems so low that it shouldn't even work.

It sounds like the problem is that you aren't running Oracle.

Apr 7, 2003

prefect posted:

you can mount isos on windows 2012 with the powershell command "mount-diskimage". one of the arguments you can pass in is "-nodriveletter". if you mount an iso with no drive letter, how do you access the files on it? :confused:

Very carefully! hahaha

Apr 7, 2003

Sweevo posted:

diarrhoea is better than dysentery but that doesn't mean you should fill your computer with it

Okay! *ignores you*

Apr 7, 2003

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

If I want to make some nice looking technical training docs is it worth using indesign (I have a CC sub)? does MS Publisher suck horribly?

Reminder: This guy is dead now.

Apr 7, 2003

Yeah, bob arctor/cisadmin privilege died.

Apr 7, 2003

Deer skull guy verified it.

Apr 7, 2003

Very carefully!

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

he's addicted to alcohol and sex and it's true that many people with severe addictions need to truly hit rock bottom before they can accept the gravity of their situation. you wish that they'd seek therapy before then, but the inability to seek help on your own is one of the real insidious bits of extremely severe mental illness.

in his case, i'd imagine "turned to prostitution to buy a graphics card" is approaching that point, but who knows

I thought he was diabetic, isn't alcohol really really bad for diabetics?

Apr 7, 2003

The narrative is that your life is supposed to get more stable as you get older, but sadly it doesn't really work that way for a lot of people.

Apr 7, 2003

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Feel free to come back to your thread and set the record straight.

lol

Apr 7, 2003

The sweet irony of life: you've got the newest fastest video card, but your rear end hurts too much to sit down and game

Apr 7, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

Wait, echi does G4P now?

He is living in his ex-wife's basement doing anal for computer parts so he can play video games. He insists that nothing is wrong, which fits most patterns of addiction I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

don't listen to fishmech. the DVD GOUT (George's Original Unaltered Trilogy) releases are really bad transfers without color correction and with a bad deinterlace process applied that causes visual artifacting. that said they are the easiest way to get the original cuts

the De-specialized version of Ep. IV uses a lot of different sources to clean up the video, including production stills and a reel from a 35mm print that was donated. there was also a broadcast HDTV version of ep 4 se that predated the blu-ray release and didn't have all of the changes from that release. it's definitely better than watching in any standard definition release

the ep. 5 & 7 despecialized editions have much heavier use of the GOUT DVDs because there wasn't as much source material available. essentially you have lots of scenes cutting back & forth between HD and SD. they did manage to digitally re-add darth vader's eyebrows though.

if there were anything I would expect a Star Wars fan to know about, it's gout.