Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I will be buying this on PS4 in the fall provided it doesn't totally suck. Which, being a Ubisoft game, it has a 50/50 shot at being terrible or amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The more comes out about this game the less I look forward to it. Hopefully if The Crew 2 comes out it'll be as big an improvement as Assassin's Creed 2 was, because a multiplayer roadtrip game sounds dope as gently caress.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Biggest human being Ever posted:

The Crew will have no review embargo whatsoever, how can they do this? By not giving the press access to review copies of course!

http://blog.ubi.com/the-crew-road-tested/

sonic boom also didn't send out early review copies so this could only mean great things

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yodzilla posted:

It really chaps my nuts that the only halfway decent racing game to come out anytime recently is exclusive to the Xbone.

Forza 4 has enough longevity that I still play it three years later. Just buy and play that.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Great Joe posted:

On the other hand, it's Gran Turismo's even scrubbier little brother.

Forza is leagues better than Gran Turismo, are you high. Especially the last two GT games which were hot fuckin garbage.

I say this as someone who's been with GT since the original on PS1.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Great Joe posted:

Even. Scrubbier. Little. Brother. :colbert:

Nah, Forza Owns, GT is shitballs terrible, sorry that you're wrong.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yodzilla posted:

Haha I'm almost certain that the American version of GT2 didn't have that Fatboy Slim song for whatever reason.

But honestly GT6 was the first of the series I've ever skipped because
1) My PS3 was stolen
2) GT5 was loving terrible

GT6 fixed some of what made GT5 terrible but then they decided to make the handling characteristics of mid-engined cars absolutely loving horrendous and nothing at all like what they should actually drive like. Considering my dream car is the Lotus Elise, that was kind of a deal breaker.

Also GT2 is a more fun experience than GT5 or GT6. Red Rock Valley :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Great Joe posted:

They're both terrible, unimaginative garbage.

Nah, Forza owns, sorry that you're wrong.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oglogoth posted:

No you wouldn't. At this point it doesn't matter if the game is the second coming of Christ you're still going to shitpost about how horrible it and Ubisoft are. Don't kid yourself.

Why are you so loving defensive about a game that they refused to even send out review copies of, that's like the biggest warning sign of a game being shittacular that exists.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Those are some delicious PS2 texture seams right there :thumbsup:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Reviews are hitting and hey what a shock, they're all shittacular. It's almost like they didn't send out review copies because they wanted to try and sucker people into buying this before word spread too far that it was a tremendous pile of poo poo or something. I sure didn't see this coming!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dan Didio posted:

What a banner year Ubisoft is having.

It sure doesn't give me any hope that Beyond Good and Evil 2 will be anywhere near as good as the first. If they ever even actually make the drat thing at all, that is.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

T1g4h posted:

And this is still miles better then Forza 4 and its 25 million dollar Ferrari that you could save up for. But again, optional grind for those who want to do it for fun.

The most expensive car in Forza 4 was 10 million credits, dawg. Also Forza 4 rained money on you like it was nothing, I can make a million credits in a half an hour in that game.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 8, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

T1g4h posted:

Was it 10 million in 4? Maybe it was 3 where it was 25 million. It's been ages but I remember the 250 GTO being horribly expensive to the point where I only got it with the free car tokens you got for getting the Porsche expansion.

E: 20 million in 3, that's what I was thinking of. My point is, there's way worse examples of grinding for expensive rear end cars. The Crew gives you free money for minimal effort if you can operate the map screen well enough to fast travel to landmarks. Getting 2k for warping to various spots on the map isn't grind.

You don't need to grind at all, learn2auctionhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I was talking about Forza, I have no idea how grindy The Crew is but the Forza in-game economy is very easily exploitable to anyone who spends 15 minutes putting setups on cars and flipping them in the auction house. Even if they aren't actually tuned well, just being at the top of their car class will get you a significant profit. I made 2 million in a night doing this poo poo once, and compared with what dudes who are hardcore into the auction house make, that was a pittance.

• Locked thread