Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Where is milo posting from now? That's not twitter. Is it facebook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Moving through internet atheism is a valuable trial for smug young nerds hoping to reach adulthood. Those who succeed embrace cultural criticism, women, and humility in a way that enables full participation in village life. Those who fail are condemned to an eternity as wailing ghosts moaning out from within youtube windows about video game feminism and the Muslim hordes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

pookel posted:

Young female nerds have a different rite of passage to adulthood through internet atheism than the males, though, one that involves learning that they will never be considered full members of the atheist tribe. They must choose whether to accept their fate and become a "cool girl, not like all those OTHER girls," or take the path of feminism and be forever derided by their former friends as a screeching feminazi.

I'm imagining a ritual performance where they have to castrate an effigy of Dawkins while a tribal elder stands behind it and reads tweets.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I can't imagine how empty a life must be before someone dedicates himself to spilling out so much hatred apropos of nothing. Is that guy really keen on Jesus or something? Meyers is the least objectionable internet atheist of all, and is ironically doing the lord's own work in continually baiting and owning the Dawkins contingent and their roiling gynophobia.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He's a terrible gay. He can't even fit the worst stereotypes right.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hellbunny posted:

Wait, Aurini left the ALT-right?

Yeah, what happened to that guy. I haven't heard about him since Ghostbusters.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Race Realists posted:

Trying really hard to make it sound that you don't want to sterilize minorities here.

"I want to help people...into the ovens."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Neither of them can even use "the exception that proves the rule" correctly, which seems like just the kind of meaningless nit-picking poo poo they should go crazy over.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Race Realists posted:

:lol: if you think black teens can be considered "children"

A 25-year-old white olympic swimmer is a kid. A 17-year-old black high-school student is a terrifying demon.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Who's that lady (?) supposed to be and why does she have a basketball?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

pookel posted:

I wonder sometimes what percentage of people in the alt-right are too young to remember the Cold War. Because all this "civilization is in decline!" nonsense sounds like exactly what you'd expect from people who were kids during the dot-com boom and whose first experience with the prospect of global war was 9/11.

9/10 of them have never read a book that didn't have a dragon in it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder if there might be another spectrum where he can find specific placement.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hilario Baldness posted:

Please tell me there's source material for this. I heard him give a lecture once and he had smarmy asshat written on his soul.

Well he thinks that humanistic inquiry and the social sciences are unrigorous, as articulated in his book The Blank Slate. He on the other hand is a great methodological scientist doing neuroscience with his psychology Ph.D. and making book-length arguments about how the enlightenment was a unified movement that made like an international superteam with English, Scottish, and French philosophers joining together like voltron to kill superstition.

I'd still take him over the usual hordes of small-dicked boobs we talk about here who think that the enlightenment was a jewish conspiracy to make white women not want to sleep with them or whatever.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

His Mars foundation is a total sham. It will never accomplish anything other than publicity.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Another cry for help. Soon he'll start posting about how we'll all be sorry when he's dead.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

pookel posted:

As explained to me by my alt-right friend, it's when someone says "I'm not a racist" and the SJW says "AHA! Your denial proves you're guilty!"

I've literally never seen this happen anywhere, not even on Tumblr.

It seems like som detail must be missing in his account of this exchange. Who the hell says that someone is "guilty" of being a racist, for starters? Is this something that happened to him in real life, or is he describing something he saw on tumblr?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

White men: the eternal scourge.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dilbertman will absolutely be 100% shocked and devastated but play it off the next day by saying that Trump has masterfully escaped a no-win scenario and become more powerful than if he were actually president.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I Killed GBS posted:

Scott Adams is now for Hillary actually, since he prefers being on the winning team.

He based his logic on the fact that if he was on the losing team, he may face reprisals from the victorious Clinton Hordes.

He has just decided that the election will be rigged in Clinton's favor, but maybe not enough for it to matter:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/152067706781/i-score-the-third-debate

quote:

If you want a reason to be worried, ask yourself why the mainstream media is so keen on framing the election as “not rigged.” The message I’m getting from them, collectively, is that they think it will be. (Because it will be.) We just don’t know how much the rigging will matter.

Why do I say it will be rigged?

Because whenever humans have motive, opportunity, a high upside gain, and low odds of detection, shenanigans happen 100% of the time. Our vote-counting systems have plenty of weak spots. Rigging (to some degree) is a near guarantee.

And keep in mind that Team Clinton has framed Trump as the next Hitler. That gives every citizen moral cover to do outrageous things to stop him. The stakes are sky-high. In this environment, it would truly be a miracle to have an unrigged election. But again, we don’t know how much rigging there will be. It might not be enough to matter.

There will almost certainly be election rigging for the same reason there has been debate rigging. If you don’t believe me about debate rigging, ask a woman who did some of that debate rigging herself. Allegedly. Unless it was Russia’s fault.

He links to this to explain the person who admitted to rigging the debate: http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=https...XBxItG5afUg&m=1

I think he's getting invested in a Trump victory but playing it cool like a 14-year-old who thinks he has a chance to touch a boob.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Don't worry.

We're already dead and this is hell.

How else did Donald Trump become the presidential nominee for one of the USA's major political parties?

This isn't our hell though because he's certain to lose and destroy the party for at least one midterm election, and that's because there are no longer enough white people to swing elections. We are in old white man hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has he backed off from wanting to kill himself? Armed insurrection against the nonwhite hordes and "females" seems way too optimistic for him.