Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Rough Lobster posted:

My favorite Dark Enlightenment Thinker would have to be

:darksouls: DARKDIVER GRANDAHL from the dark as heck game DARK SOULS II :darksouls:

He's a creepy old dude in a wheel chair who somehow makes his way into remote, creepy, and dangerous places. When you come across him he's usually just sitting there in the pitch black all creepy like. He's on some kind of pilgrimage to meet the Truest Dark or Embrace the Deepest of Dark or something.

So he's gotta count, right?

Also, they don't tell you this straight up, but he really hates Jews. It's in the flavor text on a sword or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Don't worry, soon the USA will collapse, the cities will burn at the hands of the urban thugs, and a new order will arise from the ashes, guided by pure-blooded northern european tech nerds/arisocrats.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Soylent Pudding posted:

If the Dark Enlightenment proves anything it's that some people weren't bullied enough.

By "some people" you mean the Jews and the Blacks, right? just kidding.

But seriously, take a look at these statistics, I think you will find them enlightening...

HBD4LYFE

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Yeah, the gamergate shitshow has reached a sufficient level of notoriety that various right-wing media dumbfucks have started trying to drop in for a bit of brand-building. As well as fake right-wing media like Colbert. Hopefully this means we're on the downward slope now.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that Anissimov dope at one point held some kind of position at MIRI. He also started a site called "More Right" as a right-wing companion to Less Wrong.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DrProsek posted:

You can't handle the hard truths these ubermensch are laying out like "that dum broken form of government from like 100 years ago was the best" and "Fascism would be great, I totally am not the exact kind of person a fascist regime would kill first for being too weak" so their enlightenment is as dark as the latest Evanescence* album.

*(or whatever kids these days listen to, you get the point)

We alone, the vanguard of this new Dark Enlightenment, are strong enough to face these Dark truths: the blacks are stupid and women should shut up and do what we tell them.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Vosgian Beast posted:

This is one of those /pol/ things where it's kind of a joke but more serious than you'd expect, I'd assume?

That's the entirety of /pol/. Man, get a load of those jews/negros, I mean seriously! Heil Hitler!

Haha, that was a joke! But it's sort of true, when you think about it...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

the black husserl posted:

I actually don't think he's contributed anything meaningful to philosophy, but at least he was an intellectual. Now apparently he thinks he's the joker? Alright Nick, have fun watching the world burn

While hanging out as a degenerate whitey expatriate in China. You've hit the Jackpot oh you guru.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Some of the leading lights of this clownshow are from the Bay Area and are associated with Less Wrong and its collection of spergin' engineer types, so I expect there is a lot of cross-over. Anyway, what Thiel means by that freedom and democracy quote is that rich and powerful people aren't free to do whatever they want when they have to listen to the will of the useless eaters as expressed through democracy. The Dark Enlightenment solution to this problem involves creating a magical autocratic kingdom wherein blacks and poors are illegal.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Holy poo poo snacks, this dude is a most delicious slice of banana-cake. Thanks for bring him to our attention!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

David Brin writes cool stuff, but he is a legendary rear end in a top hat on the con and lecture circuit, particularly to women.

Check this link out, it's Brin getting into an argument with Peter Watts, another scifi writer, and he comes across as such a ridiculous cartoonishly arrogant blowhard that I feel like I'll have trouble reading anything he writes in the future.

http://www.rifters.com/crawl/?p=4937#comments

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
The draco-reptilian nonsense is simply the cover identity for the subterranean Vril empire, wake up sheeple.

Also, it's the Cathedral now, not International Bankers. Get with it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Tracula posted:

That's enough internet for me today. Goodnight, SA.

as it turns out, apparently a shockingly large proportion of elite british society during that time, from politicians to entertainers, were child molesters.

Maybe they still are.

And they'll all get away with it, too. That's the true dark enlightenment.

Sleep well children.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Yeah gonna second needing the details, not because I doubt it but it's always useful to have more proof the Elites of society are human filth

Don't know about those specific details, but check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elm_Guest_House_child_abuse_scandal

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
The ones I follow aren't exactly hyper-capitalist libertarian types to be fair. It's hard to square libertarianism with a desire to bring back hereditary monarchy. I actually enjoy watching them take potshots at an-caps/libertarians on twitter, when they aren't busy talking about how the coming race war will tear apart western civilization.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
dark enlightenment drinking game. Does he have a board/twitter avatar of some old dead white-haired european aristocrat? take a drink.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I thought Nosferatu and the Oaf were a classic team-up. Shame to see it end in tears. Also sad to see the Oaf thrown under the PUA bus like that. More road kill on the Red Pill highway.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
It makes Aurini look good to all the MRA mutants he's hoping to court with the garbage he puts out. The Bathtub Oaf suspects that some women may actually qualify as human, so he's out of the club.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
^^

Feminism, anti-racism, open borders, gay rights, the whole progressive program... all part of the Jew-led Cultural Marxist plot to destroy European culture.

Jack Gladney posted:

I've never understood the impulse to bully someone before, but I swear to god it would be so satisfying to just knock the books out of that bald fucker's arms and push him over. Like, it flies in the face of everything I know and believe, but wouldn't you relish the chance to dunk his head in a toilet with the knowledge that he'd be humiliated for the rest of the day every time someone asked him why his shirt was wet and whether he was ok?

I long to humiliate him in front of his father. This may be genuine mental illness on my part.

He was in the Canadian military. He would disable you with a quick judo chop to the neck, and then he would lecture you on the true nature of masculinity.

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 01:13 on Mar 7, 2015

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
You have come to a world called /r/TheRedPill/ *whipcrack*

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Sure, politically but they post in the comments section of NRx blogs, so I'd say they're involved with the sphere even if they don't draw from it.

I'm sure some Neo-reactionary has a chart or graph of exactly where they fall on the neoconservative/neoreactionary spectrum though!

haha, you don't say...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Too bad sociopath lady and mikey broke up, they seem perfect for each other. a match made in grifter heaven.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Heresiarch posted:

That was quite a spectacular meltdown. What prompted the original ban?

He's a creepy death threat-making stalker shitbird, so it's probably something along those lines.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Wales Grey posted:

Twitter doesn't like threats of actual violence, they gave disreputable floor-making GBS threads pooplord Chuck C. Johnson an "permanent suspension" and have suspended any and all accounts he's touched. Plus there's the whole "New accounts created to replace suspended accounts will be suspended.” rule, but I'm not sure how long it'll take Twitter to suspend any parachutes Anissimov uses.

Yeah, they already killed the parachute account and he hasn't popped up openly since, afaik. Exiled to the phantom zone, poor li'l nazi.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Anissimov bears the Tatar yoke, verily. He is a true son of the steppe.

but no, you'd be making a grave insult to Mongolian people if you tried to associate them with that shithead.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Jack Gladney posted:

Is he one of those people who thinks that neanderthals were the superior species of human?

He's just warning of the day, soon to come, when the True Humanity rises up and Yakub's ancient mistake is rectified.

the day of reckoning fast approaches, and the wimpy NrX nerds know their time is up.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Merdifex posted:

What was that about? Is it on the archive? Reblogged by someone?

It's just Eron complaining about how she cheated on him. Which may or may not be true, who gives a poo poo. He posted it in various nerd nests on the internet to drum up a lynch mob in an attempt to ruin her life. And the "rationalists" ate it up, because they are undersexed nerds who hate women, I guess.

At any rate it isn't worth digging up.

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 22:59 on Sep 25, 2015

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
His murder-boner is so turgid I can practically see it pressing up against the inside of my monitor. Holster that thing before someone gets hurt, patriot!

PS: load your rifle and rev up your rascal, cuz we deffo gunna take yer guns.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
The human race destroys itself in a grand theatrical orgy of violence while dipshit philosophy students jack themselves off in their death throes.

2 million years later, the newly evolved race of intelligent amphibious octopuses that dominate the earth discover humanity's ruined legacy and posit the question: "How loving stupid were these guys?"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Dick Dorkins drops Deep Thoughts.

For your consideration...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
A new generation of nerds who grew up in houses where every TV was blaring FOX 24/7, antisocial mutants who were neglected by their parents and so found a surrogate in /b/ and /pol/. This might explain the baleful rise of the NrX Nerd.

It's hard out there for a conservative brony.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Two choices for an image that best represents an NrX dope's true self on social media: 1-old white haired dead aristocrat or 2- preteen anime girl.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I am similarly afflicted. I fear that the grim visage of the dread Aurini will forever haunt my recommendations.

once the Cathedral's gatekeepers have been liquidated, the light of truth will shine bright, and the (white) people will rise as one, united, and kill all the blacks and progs.
vvvvvv

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 05:18 on Jan 26, 2016

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

You gotta watch out for those spore people. That Fortitude Save is surprisingly easy to fool, and at any moment, your DM might declare your character is infected and attacks the party.

I thought Hillary was supposed to be a Draco-Reptilian, not a Fungoid Sporequeen.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Saw this on twitter, seemed like a good fit for the thread. Lo, and behold!

https://twitter.com/9_volt88/status/733759937160056832

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Heresiarch posted:

That's a framed photo of Milo, isn't it? I think we found Immortan's twitter account.

https://twitter.com/Frozensword14/status/728755936165306368

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minerva_Reefs

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Deified Data posted:

This topic is tangential at best, but could someone familiar with the backstory of Deus Ex explain to me how cybernetic augmentation somehow became a civil rights issue in-universe? How could anyone but the richest people in society afford them? Who's being discriminated against for being rich enough to buy a sweet robot arm?

The actual reason robo-people are discriminated against is that, at the end of the last game, most of them went insane, 28 Days Later-style, and killed a bunch of people on account of having their brains scrambled by hacked augment firmware.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
This is now the Rape Culture/Electronic Old Men thread. Mods change the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hee hee

https://twitter.com/DarkTriadMan/status/760185825405526016